Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC Change Shape]You got me there. I didn't think about them copying a small creature like Kauldron. We'll say its as small of a medium size copy of Kauldron as it can be without going down to small size. After all, he looks pretty bulky for a goblin in all that plate armor! I'll make the Insight DC for noticing K' isn't right 5 lower than the other one to make up for this error.[/sblock][sblock=Downstairs (Beyrk, Hrav, Quagmire, and Kauldron)]Mutt moves into position to flank the guard and nearly gets sliced by its halberd for his trouble. Hrav charges up behind the guard and slashes him while Mutt hits him from the other side. Between the two of them, they manage to drop the guard to the ground, dead or dying.

Quagmire's words fill Kauldron with renewed confidence, but the hobgoblin is unable to hit the guard in front of him after shifting to a better position. Kauldron gets back on his feet and keeps his eyes on the 'Quagmire' in front of him, ready to swing his weapon at the first sign of aggression.

The guard in front of Quagmire shifts back another step before stabbing out with his halberd at the hobgoblin. Quagmire almost gets out of the way, but not quite. The blade of the halberd leaves him with a small cut that doesn't even bleed. (5 damage to Quagmire)

The other Quagmire shimmers suddenly and somehow becomes Hrav instead. Kauldron is so shocked by the sight that even though he just saw the change, he still wants to believe that it's really Hrav especially because he no longer sees the bugbear behind him (Bluff check 42 on the change shape!). When it raises its shortsword again though, Kauldron still swings at it inself defense, wounding it slightly but not stopping its attack. Kauldron barely manages to block its thrust though as 'Hrav' snarls in defiance at the armored goblin.[/sblock][sblock=Upstairs(Dang't and Girth)]Dang't tries to attack the mage, but 'Kauldron' stabs him as he tries it, causing him to miss and nearly making him black out. He puts all his energy into staying awake and alive then. The pain does manage to clear his head though.

Girth makes his way up the stairs to the top, where he sees a slightly large looking Kauldron with a bloody short sword in its hand standing over a fearful looking Dang't with nasty looking wounds. They are in a corner behind a pair of comfortable looking reading chairs flanking a small table. The wall behind the chairs and table is a large stained glass picture of a dragon with 5 heads, each a different color. Across the open space in the center of the room, Girth sees what looks like a mage watching the battle in the corner.

'Kauldron' raises its short sword again, before stabbing downward at the goblin sorcerer. The sword pierces Dang'ts belly and might have nicked a lung. The poor gob spits up blood as he feels the darkness coming closer again.

The mage points its wand down at Beyrk on the first floor before launching a glowing missile of force which impacts on the bookshelf near the hobgoblin.[/sblock][sblock=stonegod]You didn't mark off your second wind as used in your mini-stats. Also, if you did a standard action for the attack at the mage, and an AP to second wind, what do you have left to ready an action with? Also didn't change your surges left down to 5/8 it looks like.[/sblock]
Your turn...

attachment.php

[sblock=Attacks/Rolls]recharge Powerful Strike on 5 or 6. (1d6=3)

Halberd attack at Quagmire AC20 (1d20+10=24, 1d10+3=5)

Bluff check vs. Kauldron (1d20+10+20=42)

Shapeshifter Feint vs. Kauldron Reflex 16 (1d20+6=24)

Short Sword attack at Kauldron AC20 w/ CA and -3 to hit (1d20+8+2-3=17, 1d6+3+1d6=12)

Short Sword attack at Dang't AC15+2=17(from second wind) but w/CA due to Dang't being prone. (1d20+8+2=26, 1d6+3+1d6=9)

Magic missile at Beyrk Reflex 14 (1d20+7=8, 2d4+4=11)[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's, [current/total HS's], conditions (* if already acted)
Hrav: 35/46, [5/8]; Dazed(save ends)
Quagmire: 25/41, [7/9];
Girth: 45/45, [9/10]; +2 to all defenses TEONT, Concealment
Dang't: 2/32, [5/8]; bloodied, prone, +2 bonus to all defenses
Beyrk: 35/35, [9/11]
Kauldron: 29/29, [6/12];

Milestones: 2 today (2 AP's awarded)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
Human Rabble 1: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 2: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 3: 0/1; dead
Human Guard 1: -1/47; dead
Human Guard 2: -33/47; dead
Human Guard 3: 38/47; used Powerful Strike, marked by Girth
Human Mage: 35/42; used Thunder Burst, marked by Kauldron
H': 39/45;
K': 45/45;[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Human Rabble
Perception 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11; see also mob rule
:bmelee: Club (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Mob Rule - The human rabble gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human rabble are within 5 squares of it.

Human Guard
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
:bmelee: Halberd (standard; at-will) Weapon: Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the human guard’s next turn.
:melee: Powerful Strike (standard; recharge :5::6: ) Weapon: Requires halberd; reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 damage.

Human Mage
Perception +5
HP 42; Bloodied 21
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Refl ex 14, Will 15
:bmelee: Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+4 vs. AC; 1d8 damage.
:branged: Magic Missile (standard; at-will) ✦ Force
Ranged 20; +7 vs. Refl ex; 2d4 + 4 force damage.
:ranged: Dancing Lightning (standard; encounter) ✦ Lightning
The mage makes a separate attack against 3 diff erent targets:
ranged 10; +7 vs. Refl ex; 1d6 + 4 lightning damage.
:area: Thunder Burst (standard; encounter) ✦ Thunder
Area burst 1 within 10; +7 vs. Fortitude; 1d8 + 4 thunder
damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

Str 10 (+2) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 17 (+5)
Con 12 (+3) Int 18 (+6) Cha 12 (+3)

Doppelganger Sneak
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Refl ex 16, Will 16
:bmelee: Short Sword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.
:melee: Shapeshifter Feint (minor; at-will)
+6 vs. Reflex; the doppelganger gains combat advantage against
the target until the end of the doppelganger’s next turn.
Combat Advantage
The doppelganger sneak deals an extra 1d6 damage against any
target it has combat advantage against.
Change Shape (minor; at-will) ✦ Polymorph
A doppelganger can alter its physical form to take on the
appearance of any Medium humanoid, including a unique
individual (see Change Shape, page 280).
Str 11 (+1) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 12 (+2)
Con 13 (+2) Int 10 (+1) Cha 15 (+3)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR3 Library 5.JPG
    RR3 Library 5.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 160

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Last Round]I'll update my SW total.

Storm Soul is my sorcerer's immediate interrupt when hit to add +4 to all defenses. "Ready" is probably a poor choice of words in this context (I was just reminding you its there). So he could have had an AC of 21 right when hit, but it wouldn't have saved him anyway.[/sblock][sblock=This Round Rules Question PH]Dang't can make a Bluff check to gain the ability to try to hide. In the Bluff description, it doesn't seem to require any cover/concealment or anything (the Bluff check is the distraction for such). What I want to know, PH, is if he then crawls over to the chair/table next to him, will that give him some cover/concealment so he can stay hidden?[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc question]I asked earlier, partly in jest, if it was possible to climb up the bookshelves and get to the second floor. Now, I'm serious. If you'll let me, I'd really like to go to, say, AG-T and climb up to the top of the bookshelves, moving into 2AG-S. Is that at all possible?
[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
"Aiyee! 'Tis even more confuse than down under" squealed Girth.

For a second or two he wavered as to who he should attack but the mage's action was convincing.

"Have the Dark of my Lady, foul fiend" he cackled as a freezing cloud of insubstantial darkness burst around the wizard. "See you how you would like that!"

[sblock=OOC]Frigid Darkness- 22 vs Fort; 13 damage; Wizard grants combat advantage TeomnT and -2 AC[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
[sblock=Suggestions?]Anyone have any ideas on how Hrav can get an attack off this round? He's still Dazed, save ends. I do have my Acid Rapier ranged encounter attack, but don't think I can see an enemy...[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Only thing I can think of is:-

Move along to behind Kaudron. Goggle at your double (free action!)
(Try to save vs daze)

Spend AP

Attack Falso Hrav. It must be a false Hrav coz it ain't you!!
Try to save vs daze if it didn't work last time

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=This Round Rules Question PH]Dang't can make a Bluff check to gain the ability to try to hide. In the Bluff description, it doesn't seem to require any cover/concealment or anything (the Bluff check is the distraction for such). What I want to know, PH, is if he then crawls over to the chair/table next to him, will that give him some cover/concealment so he can stay hidden?[/sblock]
If he can make the bluff check (vs. passive Insight 19) then he can make a stealth check to hide behind/under the chair beside him, yes. Successful bluff makes a diversion for him to look at and successful stealth check would put Dang't into hiding.
covaithe said:
[sblock=ooc question]I asked earlier, partly in jest, if it was possible to climb up the bookshelves and get to the second floor. Now, I'm serious. If you'll let me, I'd really like to go to, say, AG-T and climb up to the top of the bookshelves, moving into 2AG-S. Is that at all possible?[/sblock]
For climbing the bookshelves, I'd set the Athletics check DC at 15 (like an uneven surface of a cave wall). Success = climbing at half your speed in 5 foot squares. Fail by 1-4 = stay where you are and lose any other movement. Fail by 5 or more = you fall and lose rest of move action. Fail by 10 or more and the bookshelf you are climbing falls over if possible (for any but the two farthest right bookshelves that are under an actual ceiling). It would be 10' of climbing to get up to the next level, but at half speed for climbing, that would use up speed 4 just for the climb. With 2 squares required to get to AG-T, Quagmire wouldn't have enough movement. He could step forward to AF-T, but then climbing would draw an OA for moving away from the guard. So, you can try it and either take 2 rounds to get it done or risk the OA from the guard.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=a plan]Ok, here's my idea:

Quagmire moves over to Hrav and uses chainmail of sacrifice to take Hrav's dazed condition off and onto himself. Wastes a standard action, but we need Hrav's damage output.

Hrav climbs the bookshelves and attacks the mage, while he's granting CA from Girth's power. (Or uses a ranged attack to do it from the ground floor; if I read that right, Hrav should have LOS to the mage now, yes?)

Beyrk climbs the shelves and hits Dang't with a majestic word, and can maybe attack K'.

Thoughts?
[/sblock]

Remove ads