Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC Stonegod: I'd say Dang't could see G3 from there, but he's got superior cover (-5 to attack) due to the angle, and the amount of bookshelf blocking him.

The Digger

First Post
As the others rushed downstairs to join in the fight there, Girth slowly circled the balcony. His eyes scanned every corner both up and down but they kept coming back to the door in the far corner.

"Not run back down. Not I." he said, although not to anyone in particular, "Here stays I, just in case.!"

[sblock=OOC]Move to 2AJ-T; Ready Eldritch Blast should anyone appear.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Darksteed said:
Also "Girth" would of hit Kauldron (me). Rolled a 12 + 8 (Base Attack) + 2 (Combat Advantage) = 20 vs. AC. Cover does not effect an adjacent creature in this case (Can draw a clear line of sight to all four couners of Kauldron's square), as well as Kauldron's mark doesn't help save his own rear, sadly.
Okay, even not counting the -3 I had put in there from Kauldron's Mark, I do believe the cover of the bookshelf counts to give Kauldron that -2 which prevents the hit. The bookshelf sticks out a foot I'm estimating from the edge of the square that Kauldron was standing in. So as I see it 'Girth' can't draw an unobstructed line from either of its right corners to Kauldron's lower left corner. So I'm not changing that miss to a hit.[/sblock]
Kauldron moves away from 'Girth', taking a hit in the back as he does so. But the goblin moves around the bookshelves and charges the guard near the door, hitting him hard.

Hrav shifts to a better spot and stabs the guard, releasing a gush of blood out of the man.

Quagmire runs back around the balcony and down the stairs to the lower landing. (Counting 10 squares I only see him getting to AE/W)

Beyrk follows Quagmire down the stairs. (Actually, with Quagmire only able to reach AE/W, Beyrk can go to AF/W)

Dang't and Girth move around the balcony to look for targets downstairs.

The embattled guard reacts with adrenalin fueled speed, stepping back out of the doorway before leveling a powerful strike at Kauldron. The goblin is hit hard, causing blood to flow again as well as being knocked prone to the floor.

'Girth' moves into position behind Hrav, dodging an eldritch blast from Girth on the balcony above as he gets there. He feints, seeming to move in one direction as the attack suddenly comes from the other side, giving him the advantage to hit Hrav a little harder if it connects. But the bugbear is able to block the attack from landing.

attachment.php

[sblock=Attacks/Rolls]As I'm reading it, Kauldron takes an OA from 'Girth' for 16 damage on his way to charge the Guard. This leaves him at 13 hp before he uses his healing surge to regain 7 hp up to a new total of 20 hp.

G3 recharge powerful strike on 5 or 6 (1d6=5) Recharged.

G3 Powerful Strike vs. Kauldron AC20 (1d20+10=26, 1d10+7=13)Hit AC 26 for 13 damage, bloodying and knocking Kauldron prone.

Girth Eldritch Blast vs. 'Girth' Reflex 16 (with -2 on attack for cover) (1d20+7-2=12, 1d10+5=7) Miss with Readied action attack

'Girth' Shapeshifter feint vs. Hrav Reflex 19 (1d20+6=24) Gained CA over Hrav till end of next turn

'Girth' Short Sword attack w/ CA vs. Hrav AC19 (1d20+8+2=16, 1d6+3+1d6=10) Miss[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's, [current/total HS's], conditions (* if already acted)
Hrav: 30/46, [5/8];
Quagmire: 19/41, [7/9]; Bloodied
Girth: 38/45+5hp, [9/10];
Dang't: 26/32, [4/8];
Beyrk: 35/35, [9/11]
Kauldron: 7/29, [5/12]; +2 bonus to saves until SONT

Milestones: 2 today (2 AP's awarded)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
Human Rabble 1: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 2: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 3: 0/1; dead
Human Guard 1: -1/47; dead
Human Guard 2: -33/47; dead
Human Guard 3: 6/47; bloodied
Human Mage: -4/42; dead
G': 32/45;
K': -14/45; Bloodied, prone, slowed TENT, dead[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Human Rabble
Perception 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11; see also mob rule
:bmelee: Club (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Mob Rule - The human rabble gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human rabble are within 5 squares of it.

Human Guard
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
:bmelee: Halberd (standard; at-will) Weapon: Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the human guard’s next turn.
:melee: Powerful Strike (standard; recharge :5::6: ) Weapon: Requires halberd; reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 damage.

Human Mage
Perception +5
HP 42; Bloodied 21
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Refl ex 14, Will 15
:bmelee: Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+4 vs. AC; 1d8 damage.
:branged: Magic Missile (standard; at-will) ✦ Force
Ranged 20; +7 vs. Refl ex; 2d4 + 4 force damage.
:ranged: Dancing Lightning (standard; encounter) ✦ Lightning
The mage makes a separate attack against 3 diff erent targets:
ranged 10; +7 vs. Refl ex; 1d6 + 4 lightning damage.

:area: Thunder Burst (standard; encounter) ✦ Thunder
Area burst 1 within 10; +7 vs. Fortitude; 1d8 + 4 thunder
damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

Str 10 (+2) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 17 (+5)
Con 12 (+3) Int 18 (+6) Cha 12 (+3)

Doppelganger Sneak
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Refl ex 16, Will 16
:bmelee: Short Sword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs. AC; 1d6 + 3 damage.
:melee: Shapeshifter Feint (minor; at-will)
+6 vs. Reflex; the doppelganger gains combat advantage against
the target until the end of the doppelganger’s next turn.
Combat Advantage
The doppelganger sneak deals an extra 1d6 damage against any
target it has combat advantage against.
Change Shape (minor; at-will) ✦ Polymorph
A doppelganger can alter its physical form to take on the
appearance of any Medium humanoid, including a unique
individual (see Change Shape, page 280).
Str 11 (+1) Dex 16 (+4) Wis 12 (+2)
Con 13 (+2) Int 10 (+1) Cha 15 (+3)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR3 Library 8.JPG
    RR3 Library 8.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 126

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire scurries down the row of shelves, and, turning, sees Hrav engaged with 'Girth'. "Oho! I don't think so, mate. I'm wise t'yer game. Git 'em, Hrav!" He lunges, trying to provide an opening.

[sblock=ooc]Can we say that Quagmire ran last turn instead of just double moving, then? AF-V would be fine, if you don't want to adjust where Beyrk is. I'd really like to have gotten within one move action of the fighting. I was originally going to run last turn, but turned it into a double move because I thought I could get close enough that way. (I was probably counting on being able to move across the corner from 2AJ-T to 2AI-S with one square of movement.)

If that's allowed, I'll move to AG-S and use Hammer and Anvil: 17 vs. reflex hits for 12 damage, and Hrav gets a BMA on him with +1 to hit and +4 damage. (IC roll says 15; I forgot flanking.)

If not allowed, I'll move to AF-V this turn and charge to AG-S. Same roll hits AC 18, but there's another 1d8=2 damage from vanguard weapon for a total of 14.

[/sblock]

garyh

First Post
"Hey Quag, happy to see you back down here. This Girth ain't Girth, if ya catch my meaning!" With that, Hrav stabs the impostor twice, dropping the creature to the floor in a pool of blood. The bugbear then carefully moves next to the halberdier.

[sblock=Mechanics]Free action on Quag's turn - Basic Melee attack "Girth." No Sneak Attack, since I snuck attack last time I went and can't SA again until the start of my turn.

BMA (CA) (1d20+11+2=22, 1d10+5=9)

Hits AC 22 for 9 damage.

Minor action - Predatory Eye against "Girth."

Standard action - Piercing Strike against "Girth."

Piercing Strike (CA, SA) (1d20+11+2=28, 1d10+5=6, 2d8+4=12) / PE (1d6=4)

Hits Reflex 28 for 22 damage.

Total damage between Quag and Hrav's two turns is 43, dropping "Girth."

Move action - Shift to AJ-S.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga - Male Bugbear Rogue (Fighter) 5
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 18, Low-Light Vision
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 14 - Speed: 6
HP: 30/46, Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 5/8
Action Points: 1
Resists: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison

Powers:
Clever Strike
Piercing Strike

Nasty Backswing
Predatory Eye
Second Wind (Item: may use two surges when bloodied)
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Downward Spiral
Handspring Assault

Acidic Rapier Ranged Attack (Encounter)
Acidic Rapier Ongoing Damage (Daily)
Deathcut Leather Armor (Daily)
Potion of Healing x1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dang't tries to blast the fleeing guard, or, failing that, hops down himself.[sblock=Actions]Attempt to blast if possible: Ref 12, 18 lightning. Then either acrobatic stunt down or reduce falling damage (whichever you think is kosher): Acrobatics 20[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Girth moved smartly to the far side of the door and peered over the balustrade at the events below.

"You sorted them, yes" he called quietly seeing no obvious enemy still active. "Watch the door I will till you here arrive."

With that he hunkered down low and stared intently at the door from the balcony ready to blast anyone...or anything that came through.

Remove ads