[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

Son of Meepo

First Post
"You," he says, pointing to Dina, " are obviously knowledgeable in many fields, but when we're being swarmed by a horde of demons, can you handle your own, or are you delivering yourself as a ready-made meal?"

"I find, Malakai, that those who formulate such queries are rarely concerned with the answer. Suffice it to say I have quite recently encountered with a ravenous horde and here I am, alive and well.

You will discover that I am a scholar of many things, war being one of them, seeing as you mortals are so prone to conflict. I am a tactician. I know my enemy and by that knowledge, defeat them. When I am at my best, so too shall you be."

With Dina's assertive verbal riposte, Malakai's posture changes slightly, his shoulders relax, and he stops leaning forward.

"I do apologize for any offense, my dear." he says with all of the charm he can muster. "I am not used to working with others and as such, simply want to know everyone's capabilities so that I know when and how to utilize my talents to their greatest extent."

"But if you get in my way...I won't hesitate to burn you like the rest...well, freeze in this case... More gold for me..." he thinks to himself, glad that he was not chosen to wear the thought-transmitting rings Niks had given them.

Neil1889

First Post
"And you... spider mage," he says, obviously referring to Lilli, " you look about the same as our book worm over here. What do you have to contribute to this fight? I hope you don't have your pet doing all of your fighting for you!" Malakai half-chuckles at his own joke.

Lilli sighs, then half-answers Malakai's question. "Wizard, actually. Certainly, I read a lot and would like nothing better than to be doing that right now. But if I have to fight and I'm certain that here I will, I can make things somewhat awkward for my foes, which have included a denizen of the Hells and an Abyssal hound before now."

Lilli's tone suddenly hardens and she surprises herself, "But as for you Malakai, you'll get on better if you weren't so rude to those whom you've just asked to defend you. Or is that all you meant by unmatched offence?"

Malakai sneers beneath his hood and gives Lilli a short harsh laugh.

"I like your spirit, girl, but when did I ask for your protection? I just need to know what it is that you can or cannot do in the upcoming fight to hold your own end of the deal. We're all here for one thing, girly...and that's money. So you can parade around on your little pedestal of niceties if you want, but we're here to get a job done, not to make friends. Call me rude if you like, but I prefer to call it effective. I'll forgive you for the insult to my skill this time, since you haven't had the pleasure of witnessing my power. But do it again...and I'll be more than happy to give you a personal demonstration!"

[sblock=ooc Neil1889 ] Please don't take the above as a personal affront! I'm having fun with the quipping...first time playing a truly evil character, so let me know if I go to far! [/sblock]

Last edited:

treex

First Post
OOC: Now that's a bit much...
Crafting the map right now, I expect the first encounter within 2 days but I've fallen ill so no promises. The party still hasn't determined who will wear the rings?

"Bah! Quit your squabbling, I've requested for your group to wear the rings so that I can provide assistance later on. But if you're all gonna be so picky, I'll just pick one for myself." Niks grumbled.

"I should keep a close eye on you, horned one." Niks squints at Malakai. "Maybe you'd be a good candidate for one of the rings. On second thought, maybe not, keep your thoughts inside. Whatever that comes out isn't very pretty as it is..."

"And you seem to want this pretty thing, don't you? Why don't you try it on first?"
Niks gestures to Lilli. He extends his opened hand towards her, the red and blue stones sparkle with a cheery glint.

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=ooc Neil1889 ] Please don't take the above as a personal affront! I'm having fun with the quipping...first time playing a truly evil character, so let me know if I go to far! [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]S'alright so far, CFW.[/sblock]

And you seem to want this pretty thing, don't you? Why don't you try it on first?" Niks gestures to Lilli. He extends his opened hand towards her, the red and blue stones sparkle with a cheery glint.

Lilli's eyes roll upwards but then focus on the gemstones on the ring. She takes ring from Niks with a silent nod, but doesn't put it on just yet. She takes her time to examine it first, somewhat suddenly self-concious of her current thoughts.

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis releases his grip and the spectral blade fades into nothingness. His hands are open and giving the 'calm down' gesture.

"Easy everyone, easy. We're about to go do some very dangerous things to try to prevent a horde of demons from exploding into Daunton and killing a lot of people. We're all on the same side here."

"So, if Master Niks can put is in a magic bag, that would be great."
Artemis gives one of his large, flashing smiles.

Remove ads