[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Takahaan is standing in H4, inspecting what he sees around him.

As the dragonborn makes his way into the wreck, his smile turns to a grim frown as he sees the unburied forms of past men scattered amongst the floor of the deck.

"Let's not stay long. I had not pictured this one to be so... deathly. Hu Li, perhaps you could perform some sort of burial song for these lost souls? I'd hate for them to lie here forever without proper respect in death."

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Taking J5, looking at the fallen mast and hoping to see what causes the feeling of unease.

Noriaki steps gingerly into the broken ship. As he does, he looks around constantly, as though expecting something to jump out at him. Looking at the fallen mast, Noriaki wonders whether it would be possible to move it.

jbear

First Post
Kane looks perplexed. "I d-doubt your c-captain would have had r-reason to c-come here ..." He heads to where he assumes the captain's cabin might be located, glowing sword in hand, gingerly step by step almost expecting something ghastly to strike from the shadows or rise from amongst the dead. "S-something g-gives me a b-bad f-feeling ..."

OOC: Kane will move to G3 and look in the 'semi-room area' attempting to locate the captain's cabin

Dekana

Explorer
Kane looks perplexed. "I d-doubt your c-captain would have had r-reason to c-come here ..." He heads to where he assumes the captain's cabin might be located, glowing sword in hand, gingerly step by step almost expecting something ghastly to strike from the shadows or rise from amongst the dead. "S-something g-gives me a b-bad f-feeling ..."
"I think you're right," Castile says with a chill running down her spine. "I'll, ah, watch out for more cannibals."

OOC: Starting at I8. Castile is looking for threats outside the ship while the others investigate.

BenBrown

First Post
"Let's not stay long. I had not pictured this one to be so... deathly. Hu Li, perhaps you could perform some sort of burial song for these lost souls? I'd hate for them to lie here forever without proper respect in death."
"I am no priest, only a singer of songs, but I will do what I can," says Hú Lí. "Yet many who sail upon the sea lie unburied, with the ocean as their only grave.

The sea is great and wide
Many a storm rages on it
The ships that ply its waters
Tossed about by the waves

Let those who sail the ocean
Those who respect its power
Let them come at last
Into the port of home."

OOC: Hú Lí will start in L7.

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki looks to the others, a slight frown on his face. "Perhaps I can find us some clues from the spirits that remain." Noriaki reaches down to his feet, where the rusty scimitar of one of the fallen sailors lays. He attempts to whisper it.

Mewness

First Post
Takahaan stands in the middle of what was the ship’s main cargo hold. There are bones, broken crates, and other refuse scattered about. There is a hatch most likely leading to another hold below this one, but it is stuck--the lower deck is probably filled with water.

Noriaki stands near the door to what was probably the main cabin. Some of the furniture is still intact. The feeling of unease is strong here, and concentrating on the sword is difficult.

Imidoto perches on the rock, as close to Noriaki as she can get without actually being in the boat, and squawks at him accusingly.

Kane looks into what was formerly the ship’s galley. Like everything else, it is a terrible mess, with bones jumbled up and broken furniture scattered about. A startled giant lobster-thing (of a kind the others are very familiar with) suddenly emerges from behind a fallen bench, skitters around the corner onto the rock, and plops into the water.

Castile sees nothing of interest from her perch on the rock, save an alarmed lobster-thing suddenly emerging from the wreck and disappearing into the water.

Hú Lí stands in what was once an officer’s cabin, or more likely two cabins--the intervening wall has collapsed, and the contents appear to have washed overboard.

[sblock=Perception 21 (active only]You notice, out of the corner of your eye, some subtle movement against near the intact walls of the ship--it’s the shadows themselves, moving in a way that does not coordinate with your own movements.[/sblock]
[sblock=Insight 21 (active only)]There is some sort of presence in the main cabin (K3-L4). Something dark, something tortured and angry, growing stronger.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Kane is startled as the lobster creature jumps away with a splash a spell coming to his lips.

"K-kitchen here ... m-main c-course g-giant lobster..."

Kane heads back towards the centre of the ship where Takahaan stands over the hatch.

"I w-wonder what's d-down there ... more undead c-crawlers like d-down the shaft?"

GROMkill

First Post
Takahaan turns to Kane, his eyes distracted for a moment.

"Not sure. I tried it but it seems to be stuck. We could probably try to force it in, but I'm not sure that's such a good idea with how weak the structure of this wreck is. Has anyone found anything?" He calls out the last bit so that the others can hear.

[sblock=Mechanics]Perception check: 1d20+1=16 Miss.[/sblock]

Remove ads