[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=supplies]There's about two days' worth of food for the whole company, but no water. The wine will make mealtimes more pleasant but won't help you last significantly longer. It shouldn't be hard to carry all of it back (the four of you are all very strong).[/sblock]

Pentius

First Post
Noriaki leaves Mecatl behind when Takahaan calls to the rest, dropping down into the lower cargo section to see what he found. He picks over the food and wine with a critical eye, muttering "If this were poisoned, too, how would we ever know?", but he begins gathering up some of the wineskins to carry, judging them the easiest.

Mewness

First Post
GM: Noriaki, Takahaan, and Alkas still need to make Athletics checks to get back to the beach.

Back on the beach, the Dartmoor Irregulars don't notice anything threatening, but they can make a Nature check.

When the group moves on, I'll need a marching order (and a rough idea of how spread-out you want to be while moving around).

Pentius

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Holding off on anything IC until someone else goes, but here's my athletics roll: 1d20+8=23, so Noriaki gets back to shore without a hitch, when the time comes.

As for marching order, Noriaki will want to be near both Takahaan and Sasha. I'm not terribly concerned over whether I take the front or rear, I have good mobility. [/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
[sblock="OOC"] Athletics check 1d20+8=9
I want to make sure we are all done on the ship before leaving it, though.

Takahaan will want to be near the front, but also near Noriaki for his safety.[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
The Irregulars patrols are rather sporadic, but surprisingly effective. While his men watch the perimeter, the Pict in charge, the captain approaches the captive dwarf. "So, Why 'The Ancestor?'"

[sblock=ooc]Nature check incoming

Until someone decides it's a good idea to hand the splinters to the Irregulars, I'll leave its stats off my attacks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
After she's done slipping and smashing herself on the rocks, Castile reports on what the group found in the ship.
"...And Noriaki found some sort of magically pulsing staff, splintered into a dozen pieces. Maybe someone else knows what to make of it."

OOC: It's your wishlist item, twilsemail. Go get it!

I'd prefer to be at or near the front of the marching order.

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=Dartmoor Irregulars]While standing on watch, you notice birds flying over the jungle every so often. The patterns suggest that there might be a source of fresh water to the southeast.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
The Irregulars patrols are rather sporadic, but surprisingly effective. While his men watch the perimeter, the Pict in charge, the captain approaches the captive dwarf. "So, Why 'The Ancestor?'"
Jade looks briefly confused by the question. Then the reason for it dawns on him. "Ah, because it sounds like he is my dead relative, yes? But no, it is what we call a person who dies, and his spirit passes away from de body, but den he is bring back again. It is an honor to come back in dis way, so we call de person 'ancestor' out of respect."

twilsemail

First Post
"Ah... I see." The captain attempts to keep the distaste from his voice, but it's fairly apparent that he thinks the dead should have the courtesy to stay that way.

Before he can say anything further concerning the 'Ancestor' and bring further insult to Jade's beliefs the Pict lopes towards the pair signalling that he's seen something. The captain bows out of the conversation and huddles with the blue piskie. A moment later his head perks up. "When we're done here, I think we should head that way." He points south and east, "It looks like there may be some fresh water out there."

Remove ads