• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

BenBrown

First Post
Hú Lí's flute screams at the cannibal leader, echoing in what passes for his brain and leaving him less sure of the attacks. Heartened by this, Takahaan shakes off the pain.
Hú Lí then dances back out of the line of fire for the moment.[sblock=actions]Standard: Dissonant Strain (Will) vs. Klorak: 9(1d20) +8 = 17; 7(2d6) +5 = 12 Klorak is a -2 to all attack rolls until the end of my next turn. Takahaan can make a save. Takahaan Save vs. Ongoing 5: 15(1d20) = 15 which he succeeds at.
Move: to O12[/sblock][sblock=Hú Lí]The Black Fox Fox Spirit (Changeling) Bard 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20
AC:21, Fort:14, Reflex:18, Will:19
:bmelee: +4 vs. AC, 1d6-1 damage

HP:2/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fox Spirit Disguise, Wild Shape, Staggering Note, Vicious Mockery, Changeling's Armor
Blunder, Dissonant Strain, Fox Spirit Trick, Grasping Claws, Majestic Word x2, Words of Friendship, Noble Presence, Painted Drum
Stirring Shout, Canon of Avoidance, Amulet of Seduction

Virtue of Cunning: Once per round, when an enemy misses an ally within 9 squares of the Black Fox, the Fox may slide the ally 1 square as a free action.

Conditions:
[/sblock]
OOC: Hey, I see an opening here. If Takahaan takes the free virtue of cunning slide, he can move around and use Lamb to the Slaughter to move the witch close enough to Klorak that the sphere can get them both. plus then the heavy basic attack hitters can charge her (noriaki, castile and... pezock, I guess). We probably won't get rid of her this turn (she's l33t) but we can hope.

I normally avoid giving other people suggestions on these things, but this one may be too good to pass up.

Mewness

First Post
OOC: I don't think that Malikadna can be pulled close enough for the sphere to get them both (Taka has to be in column 19 to be in range of Noriaki and Castile), but it's still a damn good setup for lamb to the slaughter. (Kane would have to move the sphere out of the way before eveyone's next turn starts, but I assume he would anyway.)

Last edited:

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Ah, I had missed that.

As his sword continues to struggle against him, something deep inside Noriaki snaps. "ENOUGH!" He thinks, and a crack of thunder rolls out from his slender form, rattling nearby leaves and sending his stained robes fluttering. He open his eyes. The iris and pupil are concealed by shining blue-white light, the exact color of a lightning bolt. Norikai grasps Arashi Tenken's hilt roughly, and she submits, seeming almost pleased. He draws and slashes in one fluid movement, another crack of thunder ripping the very air as his blade passes cleanly through the witch, leaving a deep vertical cut along her torso. Only her dark magics hold her together now. Noriaki drops smoothly into a fighting stance, prepared for whatever might come next. Small currents of electricity run over him, and the winds swirl around his feet, as though he had cast one of his spells unconsciously.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Standard: Shatterbone Strike on Witchy Woman
Attack Roll: 1d20+12=23, hit
Damage Roll: 2d12+1d6+6=15 and she gets a -2 penalty to Ac until the end of my next turn.

Action Point: Swift Panther Rage
Attack Roll: 1d20+15=18...HEROIC EFFORT! 22 hits.
Damage Roll: 3d12+1d6+6=24, and I enter my rage.

Free MBA from Taka
Attack Roll: 1d20+12=26
Damage Roll: 1d12+1d6+6=12

GRAND TOTAL: 51 damage, -2 penalty to AC, and I get to rage. She is bloodied, therefore, the next attack on her gets +2 to hit.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Noriaki]
Noriaki Matsumoto
Male Human Thaneborn Barbarian 4
Initiative: +5(+7 with Takahaan)
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Insight: 13
Senses: Normal

AC:20
Fort:20
Reflex:18
Will:16
HP:22/45
Bloodied:22
Surges left:9/9
Surge Value:11
Action Points: 0/1

MBA: +10 to hit, 1d12+6 damage
Howling Strike
Pressing Strike

Escalating Violence []
Shatterbone Strike [x]
Howl of Triumph []
Shrug it off []
Heroic Effort [x]
Second Wind []

Swift Panther Rage [x]

Conditions:

Action Surge: +3 bonus to attack rolls made during an action gained by spending an action point.

Horned Helm: +1d6 to charge damage

Battlecrazed Weapon: +1d6 damage when bloodied

Feral Might(Thaneborn Triumph): Whenever you bloody an enemy, the next attack by you or an ally against that enemy gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to your Charisma modifier(+2).[/sblock]

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: @Pentius @Dekana Please check my Mechanics spoiler block and redeem your coupon for one free charge attack on the witch! Thanks to @BenBrown for the good idea and the free save so I don't die. Feel free to suggest anything more you see.

Takahaan's head reeling from the red-haired man's blow, the dragonborn takes the moment of man's gloating to dip to the side, away from the him. "I'll see you off after your wench is dead..." he yells, taunting the man as he rushes around him, turning his back to the witch. Seeing this act of arrogance, the witch rushes toward the dragonborn, hoping to capture him between her and the large man. However, as she charges at the prideful Takahaan, the kenku, dwarf, and swordsman close in on her flanks.

Pezock rushes in with a flurry and Pearl finds purchase in the witch's body. "...which should be very soon now," he concludes, as his friends slash away at the ghastly witch.
[sblock=Mechanics]
Free: Slide to L15 via Hu Li's Virtue of Cunning.

Move: Walk to M19, around the red dude, to avoid OA.

Standard: Lamb to the Slaughter on the Witch. Hits Will 27. 1d20+11=27

I pull her 4 squares to M20. I nominate Noriaki, Castile, and Pezock for the free charge MBAs.

Pezock charges to N20, and does Icy Skewer on the Witch. 1d20+11=23 Hits AC 23. 1d10+5=14 Hits for 14 damage. Pezock has +2 to all defenses against the Witch TENT.

Minor: Inspiring Word on myself. 1d6=4 Takahaan is healed 14 damage, bringing him to 19.[/sblock][sblock=Takahaan]Takahaan Thanazashi Male Dragonborn Bravura Warlord 2
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 11
Passive Insight: 11
Senses: Normal
AC:20
Fort:18
Reflex:16
Will:18 HP:19/39
Bloodied:19
Surge Value:10
Surges left:7/8
Action Points: 0

Powers:

Brash Assault
Intuitive Strike
Dragon Breath [ ]
Inspiring Word [xx]
Flattering Charge [x]
Vengeance Is Mine [x]
Lamb to the Slaughter [x]
Spur To Action [ ]

Other Abilities:

Second Wind [ ]
Cloak of Resistance [ ]
Dwarven Chainmail [x]

Conditions

[sblock=Important Features] Bravura Presence: When an ally who can see you spends an action point to take an extra action and uses the action to make an attack, the ally can choose to take advantage of this feature before the attack roll. If the ally chooses to do so and the attack hits, the ally can either make a basic attack or take a move action after the attack as a free action. If the attack misses, the ally grants combat advantage to all enemies until the end of his or her next turn.

Combat Leader: You and each ally within 10 squares who can see and hear you gain a +2 power bonus to initiative.

Dragonborn Fury: When you’re bloodied, you gain a +1 racial bonus to attack rolls.[/sblock] [/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC for GROMkill] [MENTION=6676989]GROMkill[/MENTION] Since we are both on line and posting at the same time, shall we coordinate? I can move the sphere to M18 and you can pull the witch to M19. Only movement of Pezock has to change and both bosses take sphere dmg. [/sblock]

Kane spits blood, his legs trembling after the impact of the axe, blood flowing freely down his leg. The wound was bad, but it had been inches away from being fatal. The fey beast darts past Kane and bares its teeth at the cannibal responsible with a deep threatening growl. Kane tries to cut through the layers of the cannibal's mind and destroy it . He reaches into a dark place of the creatures mind bringing to life the ghosts of the victims he has devoured. In the cannibal's mind the devoured become the the devourers. The cannibal scream in fear as he believes he is dying.

Kane continues to fuel the sphere as Takahaan slips past the brutish red head ...
Kane knows what is about to happen, he's seen it before. His mind races as he thinks how best to make use of his fire magic. He moves it up next to the cleaver wielding brute hoping he has read the situation correctly.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Fey Beast moves to U14 Sphere moved to M18 just before Takahaan's turn (assuming this is possible and we are coordinating a change in Taka's pull and Pezock's charge accordingly, otherwise I'll leave it where it is to burn the witch.)
Standard: Phantasmal Assault on Cannibal 11: Hit! White lotus Riposte is in place. If he attacks Kane he takes 4 psychic dmg (hit or miss); enough to kill it. C11 grants CAdv TENT.
Minor: Sustain Sphere
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] I'm cool with changing whatever. However, where would I move so that I can pull her into that square without me getting burnt too? I'm a bit confused.

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=6676989]GROMkill[/MENTION] In theory Kane would have to take his turn first. Move the sphere up next to red guy. Then Takahaan does his move. Pull witch over and everyone charges. Next time kane has a turn he moves away the sphere. Then Takahaan has his turn again, so he doesn't burn because when his turn starts the sphere is elsewhere. [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
"Hey! What did I just say about not going anywhere?" Castile pursues the witch toward Takahaan and gives her another chop with her axe.

[sblock=charge hits]Castile charges to M21. MBA vs Malikadna hits AC 23 for 18 damage. (1d20+9+1+2=23;1d12+7+2=18)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads