[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Dekana

Explorer
“It shouldn’t have taken being stranded on some cursed island to get me to stop. It really shouldn’t.” she exhales. “I’m sorry, everyone. I’m not going to be much of a help.”
"Heh, it would take more than a bit of a hangover for that to happen. Drink plenty of water before getting to sleep and you'll have nothing to worry about."

Castile does take the offered fruit basket. While inspecting its contents for rotten patches and vermin, she comments to Jade "I would not trust the fruits either - not after the creatures we saw today. Huge, man-eating plants with long vines, and reanimated corpses covered in growth! Would you believe it?" Even though the fruit basket looks perfectly edible, Castile hands it back to Jade as she suddenly loses her appetite.

jbear

First Post
Kane's eyes bulge from his head in surprise. His light blush turns to a violent burn on his cheeks. He looks into the cup trying to find the lost meaning in the wine it holds. He looks up at Aerys and stutters:

"Wh-wh-...I-I...y-ye...w-wi...c-ca-ca..."

Whatever it was he was attempting to say he drowns it swallowing the wine.

Mewness

First Post
GM: Sorry about my sluggishness, all. I've been quite ill for the last couple of days.

Some sort of Nature check to identify the reptiles would be fine, and yes Sasha can assist with that.

Also, I calculate that as of September 6 Kane has juuust enough XP to get to level 2. We're unlikely to start the next encounter before then (especially given how I've been feeling lately), so [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] should level Kane up now. The experience award won't be terribly exciting for everyone else, but it will be nice to have all the characters at the same level.

Pentius

First Post
OOC: I'm sure we can have some fun around camp with PC interactions until you feel better. This group is fairly good with them anyway.

Mewness

First Post
Sasha describes the creatures. They have big, heavy-looking heads, long, thin tails, and large leathery wings, with three tiny "fingers" poking up from the joint, making the wings look substantially different from bats' wings.

[sblock=Nature 12 (active or passive)]These things are fairly big pterosaurs.

[sblock=Nature 20 (same check)]They should be trainable (probably not very realistic, but so what). Using a large one as a mount might not work all that well, but a smaller one might make a useful hunting companion.[/sblock][/sblock]

"Heh, it would take more than a bit of a hangover for that to happen. Drink plenty of water before getting to sleep and you'll have nothing to worry about."
Aerys frowns slightly. "I'm not talking about a hangover. I'm talking about--the last time I tried to quit drinking I got the shakes, very badly, and I was in so much pain I wanted to die. I--couldn't keep it up for long. The berries are supposed to help, and.... Anyway, it's not going to be pretty."

Castile does take the offered fruit basket. While inspecting its contents for rotten patches and vermin, she comments to Jade "I would not trust the fruits either - not after the creatures we saw today. Huge, man-eating plants with long vines, and reanimated corpses covered in growth! Would you believe it?" Even though the fruit basket looks perfectly edible, Castile hands it back to Jade as she suddenly loses her appetite.
"We already eat some, so I t'ink it is safe," says Jade. "But here, de meat is ready anyway." He begins carving off pieces to feed the entire group. "But you must tell me more about dese plants. I never hear of such a t'ing as plants dat make de dead walk. De island must be terribly sick in some way."

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Rolling, editing, then running off to whack people with sticks in the woods.

With the successful Aid Another, Dartmoor passes both passively.

"Ah, I've heard of such beasts but never seen one. It should be quite trainable for someone who knows what they're doing. I don't know about riding it, however. If it's possible at all, they could only carry a child. Perhaps an adult that's light enough, but she'd have to be plenty light..."

The Pict moves to stand near Castile. He eyes her contemplatively and, eventually, quirks an eyebrow with question. As she glances at him, his query is plain as day on his face. How is the tonic treating you?

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Mewness said:
Aerys frowns slightly. "I'm not talking about a hangover. I'm talking about--the last time I tried to quit drinking I got the shakes, very badly, and I was in so much pain I wanted to die. I--couldn't keep it up for long. The berries are supposed to help, and.... Anyway, it's not going to be pretty."
Castile looks on supportively but doesn't respond. The obvious answer to the dwarf is "keep drinking," but she knows better than to wreck Aerys's willpower by actually saying that.

Mewness said:
"We already eat some, so I t'ink it is safe," says Jade. "But here, de meat is ready anyway." He begins carving off pieces to feed the entire group. "But you must tell me more about dese plants. I never hear of such a t'ing as plants dat make de dead walk. De island must be terribly sick in some way."
"I know, right? My mother never spoke of such creatures in her tales either." she answers while waiting for the meat to cool. "Maybe the bodies weren't really animated as undead are. It could be they were just host to a, uh, some sort of fungus. Though they are both mindless monsters, so I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference."

twilsemail said:
The Pict moves to stand near Castile. He eyes her contemplatively and, eventually, quirks an eyebrow with question. As she glances at him, his query is plain as day on his face.
"I'm flattered, but I do not think I am as light as a child..."

jbear

First Post
"C-can't c-carry? D-damn." Kane's coin flashes into the air. "I th-thought, hoped it m-might be a w-way off the Shiv ... Damn."

He looks over at Aerys lifting the cup in a toast and opens his mouth to speak. After a few moments of looking like a mime doing a fish impression he returns his mouth to the safe comany of the cup.

OOC: Cheers Mewness, that's awesome! I'll get on it! Hope you feel better soon.

[sblock=Kane Arcane]
http://l4w.wikia.com/index.php?title=PC:Kane_Arcane_(jbear1979)&s=wl
Human Hybrid Swordmage | Wizard 2
Passive Perception/Insight 13
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:16, Speed:6
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:7/10
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Dislocation Longsword +1, +6 vs AC, 1d8+2 damage
Cantrips,
Freezing Burst, Phantasmal Assault, Sword Burst

Grasping Shadows,
Aegis of Shielding
Channelling Shield
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Combat notes:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
Gelik notices that Takahaan carries Ieana’s red scarf. “It might not be a good idea to hold onto that,” he says darkly. “Magic can attach to such things. Where did you find it?”

Takahaan realizes this is the first time he and the gnome have directly spoke to each other. Addressing him politely, the dragonborn speaks. "Gelik, I am willing to risk a slight bother in order for my sheath to be properly adorned. Such a blade," He pauses, patting the hilt of his newfound companion, Otaruhi Nodachi. "...deserves to be regarded highly of, and in this manner it is my duty to fulfill it. But thank you, my friend. It brings me much comfort to know you are concerned."

He smiles to the gnome and turns to the meat that Jade has overcooked for safety. Cutting a hearty piece off, the dragonborn sits down on a stump in order to feed his starving belly.

Turning to his companions, he speaks up. "So, tomorrow, we shall head back on the trail, and see if we can't find the captain and his lover."

Last edited:

Remove ads