[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
"She succeeded in murdering the entire crew, and those two Magari fellows," says Gelik shortly. "And we would have been dead as well if we hadn't made it to shore somehow. Her just desserts far exceed any punishment that our delicate sensibilities could carry out. I'm more worried about how to deal with him. If he is her thrall, he may not believe anything we say. He may not even recognize us."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
"W-we k-kill her. B-break the the thrall..." stutters Kane drawing his sword. "If th-there is a t-trap, then s-someone w-will c-come t-to ch-check it. W-we can m-make our own t-trap. All we n-need is s-some b-bait..."

Kane motions towards the pit spotted by the dwarf.

Mewness

First Post
GM: So: northwest, southeast, or wait for whoever it is to come check their trap (how long would you be willing to wait)? Or something else?

By the way, you don't actually know what kind of trap it is yet; it's just a suspicious-looking patch of ground at the moment.

jbear

First Post
Embarrassed that noone understands his stammering and pointing, Kane takes a step back and falls silent, head and shoulders fallen.

OOC: Kane's not the leadery, decision making type. Full of good ideas that he cant' quite express, or get across. So, I'm happy to go either way, or have someone skilled inspect the suspicious piece of earth we suspet is a trap of some kind. It might give us a clue as to which way to go. Otherwise it's a bit of a coin toss, so I don't mind ... let's say North! The way of the trap!

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Noriaki is kind of the opposite here. Full of spunk and ready to give orders, but not knowing what to actually do.

"Ugh, just what we needed, traps. I wasn't having enough trouble from the insects, the heat, the wet and the lack of civilization. I'm not keen to sit here all day, though. Let's keep moving, just keep an eye open for more traps."

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: rolling, I'll edit in a minute.

Most of the flooding has subsided. Work and home came out alright. The gym my roommate manages got about a foot of water inside. The apartments across the river from me still look like they grew out of a lake.

The Irregulars would have left the tonic for Noriaki when he awoke. I thought I'd posted that, but can't find it. If @Pentius is willing, Bear's Strength on him for the day.

Rolling now.

As Castile attempts to point out the trap, the Captain just cannot spot it. He squints. He pulls out a pair of tiny binoculars. He sends one of the Fitzpatricks to go take a closer look.

"Where is the Pict? He'd have that thing taken care of in a jiffy." All of the Irregulars, timed perfectly together, shrug to their Captain. It's kind of creepy actually. The Pict is nowhere to be seen.

The Captain looks up to Castile, "I am sure you see something my dear, but it's beyond my old eyes to spot it."

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
"We should head northwest. Steer around that trap... maybe we could have somebody that isn't clumsy check it out and see if we could utilize it. Otherwise, let's stay as far away from that thing as possible. If someone is injured on this island, there is no help other than ourselves."

Pentius

First Post
OOC: Good to hear you have air to breathe, twilsemail.

I'm a willing recipient for this Bear's Strength, but can you refresh me on what it does?

Mewness

First Post
OOC: The tonic gives you:

+2 to damage rolls that contain your Strength modifier
+2 to Athletics checks and Strength ability checks
+4 to Strength for the purpose of carrying capacity

All of that lasts until the next extended rest, I believe.

Remove ads