[Adventure] Serpent's Skull: Souls for Smuggler's Shiv (DM: Mewness; Judge: THB)

Mewness

First Post
Pezock finds an overgrown hollow to conceal himself and several of the Irregulars. Though the place is not far from the path, with his black plumage, he is almost invisible.

GM: OK, Irregulars have an additional +6 (so far) on Stealth, and Pezock's help has been used.

Dekana

Explorer
Jeremy, either out of boredom or excitement, pulls out his fiddle during the ambush and moves to start playing it. Castile notices this and is thankfully close enough to give the grig a light bop to the head.

OOC: Aid another for Irregular's stealth check. 1d20-1=10 No surge used, hehe.

Pentius

First Post
Gathering reports from the various Irregulars, the Captain forms a rough plan. He sends out orders via the grigs.

One lands on Takahaan's shoulder, and pipes up in his squeaky voice, "The Captain says you are to use your brawn to shift this log, soldier! Put it near these bushes so you can hide yourself behind it."

Jeremy lands on a branch near Castile. "M'Lady, the Captain requests that you join the dragonborn behind that log and keep lookout from that vantage point!"

A third joins Noriaki. "The Captain requests that you accompany the Pict into the trees, to help keep an eye out for the enemy, sir." Noriaki flashes the grig a smile.

OOC: Okay, landslide victory for Stealth. I'll go ahead and have the Irregulars use a surge, because +17 on a DC20 is exactly the moment Invisible Castle would decide to screw us over.

EDIT: Just for kicks: 1d20+19=26 Ah, I guess we'd have been fine. Or IC just knows I already declared spending the surge, and is trying to lull me into a false sense of security.

Last edited:

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: I think that we can all agree that it was the latter, my friend. Also, Gelik has yet to act this round, (unless I missed something.) Perhaps someone can think up a creative way for him to use his +11 to Arcana for a Moderate DC, in order to get a Player's Choice success? If not, he can use his Bluff +7 for a very possible success (If we want to gamble a little).

Mewness

First Post
GM: Actually Castile's Aid check fails (DC for Aid Another is 10 + half level), but that doesn't matter. Stealth is still a roaring success.

Each NPC can only act once, so Gelik may as well wait until round 2.

Ambush the Cannibals, Round 2

3/6 successes, 0/3 failures so far.

3 successes still required. At least one must be a difficult (DC 20) Perception check.

Gelik is still available: Arcana +11, Bluff +7.

[MENTION=6676989]GROMkill[/MENTION] -- Takahaan's sheet needs to be updated for the magic weapon (his attack and damage numbers are one too low).

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Gotcha, Mewness. Thanks for the warning. It's all fixed.

Also, one Player's Choice Success in Athletics: 1d20+9=21

Takahaan eyes the fallen tree. It is massive, and fell some time ago, giving it some sort of thick, parasitic foliage growing vertically from the trunk. The brush provides a significant amount of cover for the dragonborn. With a deep grunt, he squats and picks up one end of the log, gently dragging it into an even more advantageous position.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: DAY 2 XP

-- To be approved by @renau1g

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Encounter 1: Nasty Biting Plants
1 x L2 elite controller (blighted caller), 250
2 x L4 brute (plant zombies), 350
2 x L2 soldier (fungal bloodthorn), 250
2 x L1 lurker (twig blight), 200
Total: 1050, x2 = 2100 XP

Minor Quest: Help Aerys kick her drinking habit
1 x L1 quest, 100
Total: 100, x 2 = 200 XP

Time Experience
Black Fox, Castile, Dartmoor Irregulars, Noriaki, Takahaan: 1 month @ level 1 (June 30 - July 30) + 1 month @ level 2 (July 30 to August 30) = 167 + 209 = 376 XP
Kane: 2 months @ level 1 (July 6 - September 6) = 334 XP

Experience Totals
Black Fox, Castile, Dartmoor Irregulars, Noriaki, Takahaan: 2100/6 + 200/6 + 376 = 759 XP
Kane: 2100/6 + 200/6 + 334 = 717 XP

(Total for Kane including the previous award comes to exactly 1000; total for everyone else is 1801.)

DM CREDITS
2 months (June 30 - August 30) = 4 credits for Mewness.

LOOT

Items
Kane: Dislocation longsword +1 (L4 item; upgrade to his existing longsword)
Takahaan: Frost bastard sword +1 (L3 item)

Time Gold
Black Fox, Castile, Dartmoor Irregulars, Noriaki, Takahaan: 1 month @ level 1 (June 30 - July 30) + 1 month @ level 2 (July 30 - August 30) = 126 + 178 = 304 gp
Kane: 2 months @ level 1 (July 6 - September 6) = 252 gp

OOC: Looks good to me. Approved.

GROMkill

First Post
OOC: Just two success left, and one needs to be a 20 DC Perception check. Castle, the Irregulars, and Hu Li all have beastly perception. Gelik also can auto-aid Hu Li should she decide to do the check. Let's get this skill challenge over with so we can fight those cannibals, guys!

jbear

First Post
As Hú Lí continues to play her very convincing role of the distraught survivor of a shipwreck, Kane closes his eyes maintaining the illusion he has placed on his and Gelik's appearance. He allows himself to meld with the Bard's voice until it reaches a point where he almost knows when and what she is going to say before she says it. He allows his magical talent to blend with the voice and amplify it so it carries even deeper into the jungle than it normally would.

OOC: Using Arcana to maintain 2 illusions cast with Prestidigitation and Ghost Sound to amplify Hú Lí's voice as an AID roll to her Bluff which I'm thinking Gelik could also AID. It makes sense that Hú Lí continue her act and maintain/reinforce our vulnerability to promt the hunters into action this same evening.

Last edited:

Remove ads