[Adventure] Squash Those Bugs! (DM: Dekana, Judge: ?)

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: Do you guys want me to pursue the kobolds or disarm the remaining statues? For the statues, I can do a run for speed+2 and reach the lever to try and disarm it with a thievery check.

PierceSG

First Post
Ashurn hearing the sounds of things dropping on the floor and scurrying feets tells him that the kobolds are retreating. Though a few of them sounds near enough to be caught flat-footed, Ashurn decided to try and disarm the arrow-shooting statues instead. He runs with all his might into the room and started tinkering with the lever. He hears a click, followed by a whirl and then he pulls the lever, hoping it would stop the statues.
[sblock=Actions]Move Action=Run up to speed (6) + 2 to W7.
Standard=Thievery vs. Lever (DC22). 25 vs. 22.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ashurn's stats]Status: Ashurn D'Haran – Human Rogue (Thief)
Init:+5
Speed: 6
Passive Perception:+16
Passive Insight: +15
AC:17 Fort: 12 Ref: 18 Will: 13
HP: 22/22 Bloodied: 11
Surges: 2/6 Surge Value: 5
AP: 2/1
Languages: Allarian, Hzakan
Str:10 Dex:20 Wis:10 Con:10 Int:10 Cha:14
Melee Basic Attack:
[+12 vs. AC. Hit: (1d4)+7+(2d6*) *Sneak Attack 1/turn with CA.]
+9 vs. AC. Hit: (1d4)+6 without CA.
Ranged Basic Attack:
[+12 vs. AC. Hit: (1d4)+7+(2d6*) *Sneak Attack 1/turn with CA.]
+9 vs. AC. Hit: (1d4)+6 without CA.
Powers:
Escape Artist's Trick
Unbalancing Trick
Heroic Effort 1/1
Backstab 1/1[/sblock]
OOC: If the statues stopped and the kobolds ran (and the one Lenyara is against is dead). Can we try and pry the rubies out of the statues? :3 Of course, after we determine that they are real rubies and not some fake glass replicas.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
As Ashurn is inspecting the control panel, he notices that one of the levers has a cleverly disguised wire leading out of its base. The wire plugs into an isolated metal box, apparently unrelated to the statues. Not wanting to take an chances, he avoids pulling that lever and instead fiddles with the others.

The two functioning kobold statues suddenly grind to a halt.

GM: The statues are disabled!
(The control panel was booby-trapped, but Ashurn managed to avoid setting it off.)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara lashed out with her long knife, killing the remaining kobold with a single twisting stab. Then she picked up the net she had dropped momentarily and moved down the hall to keep and eye on things...

[sblock= OOC]
>Standard: MBA with short sword, 1d20+16 (vs. AC, includes CA from Cunning Stalker and dancing serpent bonus)= 35, hit for 12; rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4059188/
>Minor: retrieve net
>Move: walk to Y 7
[/sblock]

treex

First Post
OOC: Was gonna post about two days ago but then lightning striked and blew out the modem, had to wait for a replacement. Did I miss all the action again?

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: I think you've only missed your last turn.

Seeing that the statues had powered down and hearing the gurgling sound of a dying kobold, probably the one that Lenyara was engaged with, as well as the scurrying feet of the escaping kobolds, Ashurn calls out, "Rest of you alright out there? If you are, mind helping me check the eyes of the statues, are they real rubies?" The latter question sounding more sincere than the former.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Lenyara keeps watch over the eastern corridor. She sees the last few kobolds continuing to flee, eventually rounding a corner out of sight. A deep silence falls over the battlefield, disturbed only by the heavy breathing of the adventurers.

Ashurn manages to pry out the ruby eyes from the statues. Unfortunately, they aren't quite as valuable as he might have hoped. While they are gemstones, they have numerous imperfections, possibly caused by whatever magic was cast on them for use in the statues.

[sblock=Treasure!]8 rubies worth 150 gp total, or 25 gp split 6 ways.

Sorry, there's not a lot to get excited about this time...[/sblock]
[sblock=hp / surges]Ashurn: 22/22, 2/6 surges
Emsy: 18/24, 7/8 surges
Flervin: 21/30, 8/11 surges
Labraundos: 25/30, 7/13 surges
Lenyara: 24/41, 5/9 surges
Nicodemus: 30/30, 10/10 surges[/sblock]
GM: Rest up, let me know how many surges you're spending, and then let me know what your next moves are. You're getting pretty close to the large common area of the village where you met the boss (and saw lots and lots of kobolds).

PierceSG

First Post
OOC: Hey, gold is gold. Not going to argue against it. For the upcoming area, think I could get a stealth and perception check to see if we could either surprise/ambush them or if diplomancy is an option, we could have our diplomat talk to them? I do not really want to end everything in violence. . . ok, I lied. But still, diplomancy is good. We might get a genuine job from the kobold leader next time if we can talk our way out this time.

Neil1889

First Post
Labraundos walks over to where Lenyara is and waits, taking the time to restore his strength.

"I think that this kobold boss' rule is about to be succeeded due to death by external causes," he opines, spinning his greataxe as he does so.

OOC: I'm assuming that it is a new milestone and adding an AP. Labraundos will spend a surge to put him up to 30 HP's.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Labraundos

Male Minotaur Paladin, Level 1.
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 14. Senses: None.
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 11, Will: 15.
HP:
30/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 6/13
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Medium. Languages: Allarian, Hzakan.
Saving Throw Bonuses: Nothing to report.
Action Points:
Powers:
Goring Charge
Second Wind
Vicious Backswing
Virtue’s Touch [Used 1 out of 4 uses]
Divine Challenge
Ardent Strike
Valiant Strike
Divine Strength
Divine Mettle
Divine Pursuit