• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) The Burning Tower (Knight Otu Judging) [Concluded]

Zweischneid

First Post
Gorefoot enters a state of frenzy, letting loose a blood curdling battlecry. His rage is intensified as the Ooze evades his first blow due to the blinding smoke.

Cringing as he hears the vicious gnomes battlecry, the elven ranger seriously doubts that the Barbarian is still in a state of mind to drink the offered Potion.
Afraid to waste this chance, Morulas uncorks the vial himself and drinks the magic liquid. (taking a 5 ft. step if I have to avoid some AoOs?)

'Gurth goth lye'² the Elf growls as he brings the halbeard forward as he feels the potions strength circulate through his slender frame.

-------------------------------------​

Ok, going to join the fight I guess. Tell me if I get the numbers wrong.

[Attack + 7 (+1BAB, +3 Str, +1 MW Weapon, +2 Flanking)]
[Damage d10 + 5 (Str 16 with a two hander?)]

No Powerattack or Combat Expertise of similar things...

²
Death to our foe

Patlin

Explorer
Roud 13

Patlin said:
Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

Fant and Nars aid Gorefoot.

(Rodimus goes here.)

Morulas still a bit away from the enemy, drinks the potion of bulls strength and then steps up into range.

Ishmael hits the opponent for 2 points of damage.

Gorefoots rage lets him push a bit harder through the creatures defences, dealin 3 points of damage.

The living spell misses Fant.

By the end of this round, the ooze seems to be quite battered. A little more should do it! (New Enemy Damage subtotal: 22 points)

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot - Gnome Barbarian 1

With nothing but the burning desire to cause grievious bodily harm, Gorefoot swings a powered stroke downward which then sets him up for a viscious swing upwards and to the side. Were the stroke hitting a man, it would be remarkably ... painful.

OOC: Gorefoot will continue to rage and power attack for 1.
Relevant combat stats:
Rage: 6 more rounds
Str: 20
2 Bonus rage hitpoints
AC: 13
+6 to hit (+ any flanking bonuses and aid another attempts.)
1d10+9 to damage.

Zweischneid

First Post
Trying to judge the position of his companions, as well as that of the Living Spell, by the sounds more than the vague siluettes visible in the smoke, the elven Ranger darts into the fray, halbeard leading to skewer the strange creature.

S'still the same

[Damage d10 + 5 (Str 16 with a two hander?)]

No Powerattack or Combat Expertise of similar things...

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative: Fant, Nars, Rodimus, Morulas, Persephone, Ishmael, Gorefoot, Living Spell.

(Rodimus goes here.)

Morulas swings the masterwork Halberd experimentally at the living spell, and connects. (16 Str with two handed weapon = 1d10+4.) hits for 4 points of damage.)

Ishmael hits the opponent, but fails to damage it.

Gorefoot's tremendous blow finds only smoke.

The living spell begins to shudder, almost dead, and once again misses Fant.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Ishmael persisted in his attacks, hoping that the monstrosity's end was near.

A thought occured to him at that moment: What if the field did not dissipate after the creature's death? Would they be stuck here until they suffocated from the smoke?

The Deep halfling brushed the grim thoughts away from his mind and swung Violet in a sweeping arc. One problem at a time.

Zweischneid

First Post
Equally shocked and amazed at the potence of the magic drink, Morulas nontheless skillfully circles the halbeard around in a spinning move and brings the blade down on the living spell in a bold downward arc.

[Damage d10 + 4)]

SRD said:
Wielding a Weapon Two-Handed: When you deal damage with a weapon that you are wielding two-handed, you add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus. However, you don’t get this higher Strength bonus when using a light weapon with two hands.

Patlin said:
16 Str with two handed weapon = 1d10+4.

A strength bonus of +3 times 1-1/2 would be 4?

Patlin

Explorer
Conclusion

srd said:
ROUNDING FRACTIONS
In general, if you wind up with a fraction, round down, even if the fraction is one-half or larger.

Exception: Certain rolls, such as damage and hit points, have a minimum of 1.

(Rodimus goes here.)

Morulas smashes the halber into the living spell once more, doing 3 points of damage. He takes the enemy down, though this is not immediately obvious in the smoke.

Ishmael brings violet down upon the enemy. He hits for 1 point of damage.

Gorefoot also strikes true, for 4 points of damage.

The ooze has been reduced to a formerly living spell, and the party realizes it is no longer putting up a fight.

As the only party member outside the smoke, only Rodimus sees the containment fields flicker and fade. As it does so, an older human man suddenly appears in the room. He appears somewhat tipped over, and drops to his knees in surprise.

"I'm free! Oh, thank the gods! You've saved me! I thought I was going to be stuck in that misty wasteland forever." Dragging himself to his feet, the mage walks over and opens some windows, and a crossbreeze speeds the dissipation of the smoke. In less than a minute, the room is filled with clean air and the "burning tower" is no longer a source of worry for the citizens of Orussus.

Knight Otu: If you could have a look in the spoiler block here I'd like some guidance and/or aproval regarding rewards.

Zweischneid

First Post
'Yallume!'² Morulas exclaims cheerfully as the smoke clears more obvioulsy.

Turning around to account for the rest of the rescue team, Morulas notes the suddenly present Wizards.

'Well I assume than, that you are.. Rilithorne?'

²
At last!

Remove ads