• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

raion

First Post
Tock perks up when he sees Haltor leading in the new face. "Hi!", he waves his sword in greeting, then realizes that may be in poor taste, and lowers it again. "Who're you?"

renau1g

First Post
"Jelia... and yours my good sir? It appears I am owing you all a debt of gratitude. Thank you" the woman says hesitantly, but earnestly. She has a noble demeanour and the relative normalcy of this conversation amidst the chaos of the battle's aftermath is almost comical.

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock saunters over, his craghammer still in hand but down at his side.

"Oy! We've got company!"

He makes a small bow, "Nice te meet ya, Jelia. Mind if I be askin' how ye got here?"

[sblock=ooc] Realized I forgot to add an insight roll to gauge her response... not that I will be any help. [/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
Mal meanders up beside Tock. He leans on his Glaive favoring his right leg a bit. "Greetings ma'am. I'm Mal." The smile he presents her is warm, but he also appears to be measuring her up somewhat.

[sblock=R1]Perception: is there any sign of a Dragonmark on her?

Perception = 6

Unless it's on her forehead, I doubt Mal see it.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage)

"Delighted to make your acquaintance. I'm Deimos Vrago."
Deimos says with a small bow.

[sblock=OOC]
Can I use my passive insight on her?

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 36 / 36 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 3 / 8
At-Will Powers: Flaming Staff, Magic Missle, Freezing Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Color Spray, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Extra fire damage

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
She nods affably to the group as many of them complete their introductions. At Braddock's question, she turns and responds "Ah, master dwarf, it was an act of hubris that led me here I am sad to say. I discovered the location of this forge poring over old journals from the Karrnathi armies during the Last War and came upon what appeared to be an encoded message. After months of attempts, I deciphered the code. Apparently, shortly before the Day of Mourning, a group of Karrnathi forces were sent to take out the facility. I believe they were the ones responsible for collapsing the entrance. Of course, the potential value of such a find was immeasurable and I was certain I could use its knowledge to perhaps gain a research fellowship at Morgrave, or even at one of the Houses. So, I hired a mercenary company, having heard an excellent reputation from a variety of sources, and set out here. They blew a hole in the side of the facility to create an entrance. " she says

[sblock=ooc]
No dragonmarks visible.

She appears to be genuine to everyone's passive checks [/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
"Jelia, I'm fair certain that none of the information contained within these walls should be published anywhere. There were some dark deeds happened here to get done what was done. If you like, I can put in a good word at Korranberg. You've obviously got a decent work ethic and a bit of dedication to your quarry. This place, though, it shouldn't stand for much longer."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The still wounded warrior waves wearily from his wavering steed. But he puts on a brave front. And perhaps you know what that damn ghost did with my compatriots. He has made at least one disappear.

OOC: Assuming we haven't discovered the ritual yet. :)

Remove ads