• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
"Jelia, I'm fair certain that none of the information contained within these walls should be published anywhere. There were some dark deeds happened here to get done what was done. If you like, I can put in a good word at Korranberg. You've obviously got a decent work ethic and a bit of dedication to your quarry. This place, though, it shouldn't stand for much longer."

"What? Just think how much we could do with this knowledge? See what Karrnath has done with the undead? They've made something useful out of it. These constructs could be used against the growing threat of Drooam, the monsters there are gathering strength. You can't just throw it away" she exclaims

The still wounded warrior waves wearily from his wavering steed. But he puts on a brave front. And perhaps you know what that damn ghost did with my compatriots. He has made at least one disappear.

OOC: Assuming we haven't discovered the ritual yet. :)

"Oh....no....those were your friends? He, or it now, brought a robed human and some green-skinned humanoid into Calmachia. I am not sure what they were planning but with those two it can't be good..." Jelia says, here eyes unfocused and her gaze not on any one of you.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"What? Just think how much we could do with this knowledge? See what Karrnath has done with the undead? They've made something useful out of it. These constructs could be used against the growing threat of Drooam, the monsters there are gathering strength. You can't just throw it away" she exclaims
Haltor sighs, but waves away her concern for now. They were not his this moment. I think House Cannith might have a say, and I suspect they might be on the way. But no matter.
"Oh....no....those were your friends? He, or it now, brought a robed human and some green-skinned humanoid into Calmachia. I am not sure what they were planning but with those two it can't be good..." Jelia says, here eyes unfocused and her gaze not on any one of you.
Haltor sits up. This is what is important now. Calmachia? Who is that? And what would this person being doing with them? Sounds like we should, *cough*, hurry, *cough, hack...* His excitement gets the best of him as the old halfling coughs up blood.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, Calmachia is not a person, oh how things would be easier if that was the case. It is a massive steel construct that House Cannith was planning to unveil as an autonomous heavy assault construct. Unlike many of the constructs here, it was completed before the attack." Jelia replies, then notices the halfling's wounds. "I believe there may be a way to utilize the machinery here to cure you, if one of you is willing to sacrifice some of your own vitality" she asks.

FourMonos

First Post
"Oye, war machines! This just gets better and better!"

He walks over to Haltor, "The lady is right Haltor. Deimos found the same in the text we found on the gobbos. Let this dwarf lend ye some fortitude."

stonegod

Then we best be ending this... as soon as we can take care of our wounds. While we do this, is there more you can tell us about htis machine? Like how to stop it... or weak points?
OOC: So who is sacrificing what? We need 2 HS just lost (to power of the machine twice, I believe. Are we going with the previous distribution? Afterwards, machine smash.

renau1g

First Post
"I can operate the machinery to ensure it doesn't drain too much vitality or that the transfer occurs correctly and without overload to any one individual. I'm afraid I am not privy to the schematics of the device to locate any weak points in the architecture." Jelia replies

[sblock=Surges]
You only need 1 HS to power the machinery.

Ok, here's end of combat stats:

Gark: 42/48; 0/9 surges
Haltor: 15/42; 0/7 surges, bloodied
White-Eye: 20/46; 1 HS used (not sure how the horse works)
Braddock: 45/47, 4/11 surges
Deimos: 36/36, 4/8 surges
Mal: 32/37, 6/8 surges
Tock: 37/42, 2/6 surges
Talos: 44/49, 9/13 surges

Some people may wish to spend more to get to full, but that seemed like a minimum. So, assuming we have to spend 1 HS to get the whole thing working (but no more than 1), would Talos mind contributing 5 HSs and Mal contribute 3? That way Gark could get 2 and Haltor could get a total of 5, and after using 3 of them he'd be at 42/42 and have 2 surges left. That would leave everyone with 2 - 4 surges.

That work?

If so here's the revised stats:

Gark: 42/48; 2/9 surges
Haltor: 42/42; 2/7 surges,
White-Eye: 20/46; 1/2 surges
Braddock: 45/47, 4/11 surges
Deimos: 36/36, 4/8 surges
Mal: 32/37, 3/8 surges
Tock: 37/42, 2/6 surges
Talos: 44/49, 4/13 surges

[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

[sblock=OOC]Looks good, though White-Eye only has 1 HS total. If she can be given one via the ritual (not sure if that was done), that'll help her out too).[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads