• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
The big werewolf ferociously swipes two claws at Shorrin, but the dragonborn deflects one. Ah will tear ya apat! The club wielding one behind him misses, then drops the club and his body contorts, taking on the from of another large wolf.

The two below charge at Dextyr while the wolf nearby snaps at him, but only one club swing comes through and the bard stops his earlier bleeding. The lone, dazed wolf moves slowly around Janus's arcane webs of ice.

[sblock=OOC] Dexter needed to save vs ongoing 1d20=11, success
Saraz needs a Athletics roll to move up the hill
Large Werewolf makes a double attack against Shorrin, but only 1 hits for 12 damage (+2 from CA)
Lycan 1 moves around the web and charges to U18 attacks Dex club hit for 8
Lycan 2 moves around the web and charges to U19 attacks Dex club miss
Lycan 3 clubs Shorrin miss too but then changes into Wolf Form (now Wolf 4)
Wolf 1 dazed can only move to Q16
Wolf 3 bites at Dextyr miss
Sorry, no map until next Monday due to Holiday.
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin H18 50/62
Murphy V18 47/58
Janus 6 U23 42/42
Dextyr T19 +1 to allies' attacks burst 5 34/58
Sheng U20 +2 Defenses, any foe that hits takes 2d6 52/52 14temp hp
Saraz 6 P22 42/42
Big Guy F19 Marked by Shorrin -14hp
Lycan 1 U18
Lycan 2 U19
Wolf 4 L17 -14hp
Wolf 1 Q16 Dazed TENT Janus
Wolf 3 S19 Slowed TENT Murphy, 3 temp hp if you hit -51hp
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng spits another ball of flame from his mouth, engulfing both lycans in his sickly green fire. After that, he retreats back, without careing if he is hit or not. Even so, it appears that he wishes to get hit.

20 and 20 vs their reflexes for 10 dmg
Sheng will move around the nearby enemies to trigger their AoO. Any enemy hitting Sheng takes 2d6 dmg.

renau1g

First Post
Murphy slashes at the lone wolf as the lycans descend on the bard, his attack draws on the shadows to assault his foe. The attack is powerful and the assassin disappears in the melee, appearing next to Janus. He focuses on the power of his amulet to defend him from incoming harm.

[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=73730]johnmeier1[/MENTION] - Murphy shold be at 42 hp from my calcs (he took 5 ongoing at start of last turn.

Free: Shade on Wolf 3

Standard: Shadow Storm on Wolf 3 - vs ac; dmg (+1 for 1 adjacent creatures to enemy, +5 no adjacent enemies, +2 for it being bloodied.) (1d20+14=25, 1d10+7+1+5+2=21, 1d6=2) hits AC 25 for 23 damage. Oh wait, just realized he isn't bloodied before this attack (is that a typo? I sure hope so, if they got more than 100hp each we could be in trouble ;)) if he's not bloodied than 21 damage and should gain 3thp (or 5 thp if it kills it)
Move: t-port to T22
Minor: activate Talon amulet (Until end of Encounter, any creature that hits you with a melee attack takes 1d6 damage)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 8
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:42/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Shadow Jack
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Mini-update] Still waiting on Janus, Dextyr, and Saraz (glad you all eventually posted last turn, but try to get something in soon. I need an Athletics roll from Saraz for climbing too. Murphy just bloodied the Lycan (yes they have over 100 hp) so he gets 3 temp hp. Wolf 3 will bite at Sheng, he hits for 7 and 5 ongoing damage and takes 2d6=9 himself. The two lycans will miss and hit for 8, so lycan 2 takes 2d6=7[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cliff5.jpg
    cliff5.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr takes a measured step backwards and although continues to sing the battle Hymn, he raises the pitch of one of the notes, and at it's peak, the note seems to explode, sending an explosive wave over those in front of him. The wolf and one of the Lycans seem to be unaffected, but the one right in front of him gets knocked backward into the stick mass of webs.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move Action = Shift to T20
Minor = Sustain Zone
Standard = Shout of Triumph; vs Wolf 3 (Fort) 1d20+7 (Shout of Triupmh)=10 ; vs Lycan 2 (Fort) 1d20+7 (Shout of Triupmh)=26 ; vs Lycan 1 (Fort) 1d20+7 (Shout of Triupmh)=15. If hit target takes 1d6+4=5 damage & is pushed back 3 squares (into the Web). As well, Sheng can side 3 squares anywhere he would like.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock="OOC"]Sorry I misread I thought this hill was diffcult terrrain not hindering. I wouldn't have gone up this way if I'd known. OnlytheStrong obviously thought it was difficult too. Athletics Roll (1d20+3=11)[/sblock]

Saraz once again attempts to coerce the big guy into leaving the girl alone.

[sblock="Actions"]

Betrayal (Augment 2) vs. Big Guy (1d20+10=21) if that hits, slid big guy to G16-H17 and he attacks Lycan 3 with a +4 bonus to attack and damage.

Athletics Roll if I need another. (1d20+3=6)

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] DMDanW was right about his hits, DarwinofMind should know that Saraz did hit BUT with that athletics roll Saraz will slide back down the hill. So pick a position (or you can revise your movement from last turn to take a different approach[/sblock]

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Hi all, sorry to do this but I am rather ill. I can't seem to get the energy to focus on this at the moment. Please feel free to npc Janus for the time being.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The large werebeast looks at the wolf standing next to him and shouts Jacob, yea traitor! and moves to strike at the beast. Only after his claw draws blood does he shake his head and realize his target was an ally. Janus fires a bolt of force at the injured wolf, but it does not drop yet.

The wolves and were-men's wounds seems to heal as the surround Dextyr and bite and club him into a bloody, but still standing, pulp. The big guy swipes at Shorrin with two claws but does not connect with both, though the opening is enough for the new wolf to bite and cause a bleeding wound on the fighter. We's gunna bleed ya out!

[sblock=mechanics] Sheng gets a save at the end of his turn against the 5 ongoing 1d20=12, please note that 3 of you have these wounds right now. Saraz misses Athletics by more than 5 and falls prone at the bottom of the hill.

Janus uses Magic Missile. The big guy hits his ally for a big 16 damage then only hits Shorrin once. The wolf gets another one. All the baddies regen 5.

Lycan 2 is not immobilized by Web, i check WotC and forced movement does not count as ending your move there, so he will come out and join the attack on Dextyr. Sheng will get a bite on him again, but does big damage in return.
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin H18 35/62 0AP 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Murphy T22 42/53 3 temp hp 1AP any foe that hits in melee takes 1d6
Janus U23 42/42 3 temp hp 1AP
Dextyr T20 8/58 1AP +1 to allies' attacks burst 5, bloodied, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Sheng T18 46/52 1AP +2 Defenses, foe that hits takes 2d6, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Saraz T23 42/42 1AP prone
Big Guy H16 -14hp Marked by Shorrin
Lycan 1 U19 -5hp
Lycan 2 U16 -10hp
Wolf 4 I18 -25hp
Wolf 1 S19 -11hp
Wolf 3 S20 -84hp Slowed TENT Murphy, 3 temp hp if you hit, bloodied
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments