• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
Sheng gets bloodied as he moves past the creatures and breathes his flame. Murphy and Janus combine to fell a wolf with shadows and missiles of icy death, though the wounds on their other foes heal slowly before them.

One wolf bites at Murphy in revenge, but he easily dodges. One of the weremen with a club snarls Get dis one, his singin' sucks but he misses widely after Saraz's mental assault. The other man drops his club and shifts into the form of a wolf, pouncing on Dextyr to draw blood and reopen other wounds.

The man up top strikes at Sheng with a claw, looking to wrap him up while the wolf circles around to bite at his heels. Ye snake, ah'm gonna stomp ye flat!

[sblock=mechanics]Sheng took 5 damage at the start of his turn, had to move past two enemies to get a good shot but that is consistent with his strategy so Wolfman 1 and Wolf 1 get AoOs hit for 5 damage and CRIT for 12 damage, but he deals 4 and 5 to them in return. Save vs ongoing damage 1d20=16 yes.

Murphy doesn't kill the wolf, but Janus does with a MM.

All werebeasts heal 5 regen.
Wolf 4 will shift on Shorrin and bite at him for 7 and 5 ongoing.

The large werewolf will claw twice with still only 1 hit for 9 damage, he seems to be trying to grab Shorrin.

Wolf 1 will miss Murphy.

Lycan 2 will try to club Dex with a 1.

Lycan 1 will shift into wolf form and move up to bite Dextyr. He hits even with -4 and Dextyr's +2 to defenses for 10 damage and 5 ongoing (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin H18 32/62 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Murphy R19 42/58 3tmp any foe that hits in melee takes 1d6
Janus U23 42/42 3tmp
Dextyr T21 12/58 +1 to allies' attacks burst 5, 5 ongoing (save ends)
Sheng R18 24/52 +2 all Defenses and any foe that hits takes 2d6, 5 ongoing (save ends)
Saraz T23 42/42 4 PP used

Big Guy H16 -21hp
Wolf 4 I19 -20hp
Wolf 5 T20 -13hp -4 to attack rolls TENT Saraz
Lycan 2 U20 -28hp -4 to attack rolls TENT Saraz
Wolf 1 S19 -25hp
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cliff7.jpg
    cliff7.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Sheng! Janus! Get them away from Dextyr and spread them out! I'll be gettin' up nice and close to them after" Murphy calls out, with a sinister grin.

[sblock=ooc]
Bedeviling Burst? Dextyr needs a break and pushing the monsters away seems like a good move. Also, if they are not next to each other, Murphy can get more damage :)

Alternatively, Janus could use Thudnerwave (moving to V21)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Janus scowls at Murphy, thinking he is far more versed in his abilities than some lowbrow killer.

He steps up and unleashes a wave of thunder that sends one of the wolves and the lycan flying back into his Web. He then unleashes a blast of cold on them that litters the area with icy shards, making it difficult to move.

[sblock=Janus]

Move: to R21
AP: Thunderwave (S-U 17-19): vs fort (wolf 1, 5, lycan); thunder (1d20+8+3=26, 1d20+8+3=14, 1d20+8+3=24, 1d6+6=7) hits Wolf 1 & Lycan, misses Wolf 5 for all of 7 thunder damage. Push wolf 1 to T16 and lycan to U17
Standard: Icy Terrain on U17 - vs ref (wolf 1,lycan); cold (1d20+8+3=16, 1d20+8+3=18, 1d6+6=11) hits ref 19 on wolf 1 and 21 on lycan for 11 cold and if hit they're knocked prone (janus' sheet isn't up to date, missing his expertise and +3 level bonus to hit, and I forgot +1 from Dextyr's song). Also creates a zone of DT until end of next turn.
Minor: n/a [/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Murphy smiles at the wizard's display of power, calling upon a shadow to assault the remaining wolf "Seems you been fergetin' one my friend" he says, calling on a well of liquid darkness to assault the enemy. A shadowy version of Murphy appears on the far side of the creature and the assasssin takes the moment of distraction to teleport next to the wolf. His blade stabs into the beast and as it howls in pain, Murphy turns into a shade himself and melds his form with that of the lycanthrope.

[sblock=ooc]

Free: Shade on Wolf 5
Standard: Twilight Assassin on Wolf 5 - Twilight Assassin; damage; shroud (1d20+11=21, 2d8+7+5=23, 1d6=3) I think hits Ref 21 for 26 damage.
Effect: create a double in U19.
Move: t-port to S21
AP: Shadowjack on Wolf 5 - Shadowjack (vs ac; dmg) (1d20+14+2+1=24, 2d10+7+5+1=23) hits AC 24 for 23 damage. and shift 1 square into the target’s space and remain there until the start of your next turn. While there, you are insubstantial, you move with the target (this movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks), and any melee or ranged attack that misses you hits the target instead, unless the target is the attacker. At the start of your next turn, you slide 1 square to a square adjacent to the target

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 8
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:42/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Shadow Jack
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
Just as the Wolf is sinking its teeth into Sheng, Dextyrs song hits a high shrill note, distracting the wolf and taking a bit of strength out of it's bite.

[sblock=Mechanics: Immediate Interrupt]
Dextyr will use Chord of Resilience on Sheng as he gets hit for the Crit. Damage is reduced by 9 points.
[/sblock]

OOC - Dextyrs actions to follow shortly....

johnmeier1

Explorer
Janus clings to the steep slow while firing off his spells, tossing two foes into the web and knocking them to the ground. Shorrin's hammer flies just wide of the large beast.

[sblock=OOC] Janus climb check 1d20+2=18 (figures, I got two 1's in a row with my wizard Georg)

OnlytheStrong, it might be the ongoing damage:
Shorrin had 35 at the end of the previous turn, then 5 ongoing (30) then Second Wind for 18 (48) so now this turn you were hit for 16 with 2 attacks (32) so at the beginning you go down 5 from the ongoing. (27)

The Tide of Iron misses by 3, and I'm gonna need another save.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr takes a step back and while still singing tries to gain a reprieve from the wolfs snapping jaws.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move = Shift to U22
Minor = Sustain Zone
Minor = Ardent surge on himself; Dextyr regains 14 plus 1d6=3 for a total of 17 hit points regained, bringing him up to 29 hit points.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Tactics]
If Dextyr can get a round without getting beaten on I plan on laying out Stirring Shout (whenever an ally hits the target it regains 4 hit points) and then Vigorous Cadence (whenever the target makes an attack roll the nearest ally regains 4 hit points). These are great powers IF I can get them out sooner than later, as they are surge-less, action-less healing.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng repositions himself and unleashes another breath of fire over the three enemies he has on sight. "We shall see, dear enemy. First, you should set off the flames of chaos!"

Shift to S17
Burning spray (W1 & 5 and Ly 2): hits 3 for 12 dmg

Remove ads