[Adventure] The Darkest Night (DM: johnmeier1, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=update soon] I am crunching the numbers now, just some missed things:
Save vs ongoing from Dextyr (he took 5 at start of his turn too)
I'm going to put Sheng at S18, since S17 would have him in the web! I'll give the PCs the benefit of the doubt on turn order, since I didn't update the map after each turn.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The lycanthropes seem to heal yet again, their wounds closing somewhat but some of them still have bloody wounds from magic and metal. The large werewolf and wolf circle around Shorrin, harrying him at every opportunity. The wolf bites for another bleeding wound as the giant swings two claws at the fighter, but with his focus solely on that foe Shorrin blocks one and dodges the other. GRRRRRRRRR! snarls the creature in frustration, shaking the ground at the top of the hill.

Below, the icy wolf stands up and charge out of the webs towards Janus. Sheng misses it with his quick dagger, but a shadowy blade leaps out from the other wolf and strikes it as it reaches the wizard. Its bite is a nasty bleeding wound.

The other wolf bites the shadowy arm extending from it and seems to wrestle with itself. The wereman, takes a more cautious approach without the blood fury of the others advances on Dextyr with hungry eyes and throttles the bard.

[sblock=mechanics] Wolf 4 will shift to H19 and bite at Sheng 1d20+14=30 for 1d6+4=6 damage
Big Guy does the double claw MISS MISS
Wolf 1 charges Janus, Sheng miss AoO, Murphy hits for 9, to S20 and bite 1d20+13=27 hits for 10 damage and 5 ongoing (save ends)
Wolf 5 bites Murphy for half damage and 5 ongoing (save ends) takes 2 from amulet
Lycan 2 charges to V21 and swings a club at Dextyr 1d20+12=21 hits for 9 damage + 4 since he is bloodied (first time I remembered this ability)
[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Shorrin H18 26/62 5 ongoing damage (save ends), bloodied
Murphy T20 41/58 any foe that hits in melee takes 1d6, Shadowjack, Twin in U19, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Janus R21 35/42 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Dextyr U22 11/58 +1 to allies' attacks burst 5, bloodied, 5 ongoing damage (save ends)
Sheng R18 28/52 +2 all Defenses and any foe that hits takes 2d6
Saraz T23 42/42

Big Guy H16 -21hp Marked by Shorrin
Wolf 5 T20 -80hp bloodied, shadowjacked
Lycan 2 V21 -53hp bloodied
Wolf 4 H19 -15hp
Wolf 1 8 17 S20 36 108
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
attachment.php

[/sblock]

Attachments

• cliff8.jpg
    cliff8.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"The Oni are mischievous demons. They often tinker and play with their victim's mind. Like this." Sheng outstretches both arms, aiming at the two wolves. One seems to shake the effect of the spell off, but the other is tormented by terrible images, where a giant blue monster rips it's spinal cord and gnaws at his skinless skull. The tortured wolf walks a path described by Sheng, drawing attacks from both Janus and the Twilight assassin.
After that, Sheng attempts to go a few steps up the hill.

Bedeviling burst: Hit wolf 1 for 17 psy damage, and makes it walk to V19, provoking AoO from Janus and the TA assassin.
Climb up to P18: 15
Edit: Remember, if an enemy hits Sheng, it takes 2d6 dmg

renau1g

First Post
Murphy steps out of the shadow of the wolf, his conjuration unable to affect the beast. The assassin stabs at the wolf and draws the shadow creatures to feast on the bloodied foe.

[sblock=ooc]
*I don't think I can take an OA as I've already taken an opportunity action this round.

*At the start of your next turn, you slide 1 square to a square adjacent to the target - slide to S21
Free: Shade on Wolf 5
Minor: Twilight assassin attack - vs ref (twilihght assasin) (1d20+13=14)crit fail
Standard: Shadow Storm on W5 - vs ac (shadow storm); dmg (1d20+16=24, 1d10+7+5+1+2+2=18) hits for 18 (forgot shroud damage...dang it) <- if allowed shade (1d6=2) 2 more
Move: shift to S20 (gain +1 AC/Ref TENT)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Murphy Tang Male Human Assassin 8
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:17, Reflex:20, Will:20
HP:42/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Assassin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Changeling Disguise

Shadow Darts
Army of the Night
Shadow Jack
Sneak Attack
Changeling's Trick
Cloak of Shadows
Slayer's Escape
Shade Form
Boots of the Fencing Master

Targeted for Death
Twilight Assassin
Talon Amulet
Deathcut Leather Armour

Conditions:

Important Stuff: When Murphy kills with a melee attack, gains 5 thp.
When attacking with CA, add +1 damage (Talon Amulet)

Full sheet: [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin takes a methodical step down the hill. "It would appear the puppy has a hard time defeating warriors friends!" Shorrin lets out a raspy laugh as blood drips out of his mouth. His warhammer glows slightly blue as he swings it through the air.

[sblock=ooc]

Turn the warhammers dmg to Cold dmg as a free action

Shift to I18

Tide of Iron vs BBG if it hits, Then I would like to use the encounter power from my giantkind gloves to add +3 to the dmg

Also, if Tide of Iron hits... I would like BBG shifted back (away from Shorrin) 1 square but do not want to occupy the space

[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
The "heroes" pummel the wolves and werebeasts.

[sblock=OOC] All hits except for those 1s :) I need a save vs ongoing from Murphy (he and Shorrin each took 5 at the start of their turns.
Waiting for Dextyr and Janus[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Janus fires icy missiles at the wolf Murphy is harrying. As it falls to the ground frozen solid, he comes down the hill to stand next to his ally.

OOC: MM kills wolf 5 and Janus has to save vs ongoing

DMDanW

First Post
Dextyr steps back and while continuing to sing, he chooses one of the low notes of the song and fill is with energy. As the sound travels through the air it builds in intensity and then slams into the nearest wolf, leaving some of it's lingering energy around it.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move = Shift to T22
Minor = Sustain zone
Standard = Vigorous Cadence vs Wolf 5; 1d20+7=27 - CRIT! for 16 damage & untill the end of the encounter whenever Wolf 5 makes an attack roll, Dextyrs nearest ally to it heals 4 hit points.
[/sblock]

Remove ads