[Adventure]: The Mark of Trogdor (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

JRYoung

First Post
He then speaks to the party. Come..come. I suppose that my lovely wife has filled you in on our situation. I...I don't know where I'd be without her. My attempt at protecting my daughter has failed as you can see. You have proven to me that you could do a much better job. We are running out of time. His voice is now strained and desparate. Can you take my child to see brother Butcha? Before recieving an answer he rushes to a cabinet and pulls out a bag. If it money you want you can consider this a down payment for your efforts. His hands are visiblely shaking, causing him to lose his grip. The bag falls onto a table top, spilling some of the gold with in it onto its surface. Will you help us? Please...I'm begging you. Tears start to well up in his eyes again.

"Your cause seemsss just in the eyesss of Netari, I will aid you" replies Skalisss.

dimsdale

First Post
Thank you. I'm in your debt. Lord Weinfurter continues: The tunnels will take a while to navigate. Durning that time I will send notice to Brother Navio. He will meet with you at the outskirts north of the city to give you more information about the location of the portal. He then takes a deep breath. Judas, it is time.

Judas bows before to Lord Weinfurter. Yes my lord. I will take them there right away. To the party Is everyone ready to go? He then lead the part back out of the library and down a corridor into the kitchen. Through the kitchen there is another door, leading into a rather large storage room, containing shelves with food, herbs and spices, and racks of salted meat. In the center of the floor is a rug. Judas picks up the rug and tosses it asside, revealing a square shaped trapped door. This is how my lord travels through Daunton when he doesn't want to draw attention to himself. He opens it and motions to the party to come follow him.

Lerrick says her goodbyes and then joins the group as they make their way through the network of tunnels. Lighting in the tunnels is provided by touches on the walls every 20 feet or so. The group travels from one intersection to another. Very easy to get lost down here, but I know the way. He continues to lead the party, whistling a tune. Finally he reaches the end of a corridor, which has a ladder to another trapped door. Moving up the ladder and grabing the door handle he pauses. This door opens into a one room hut. The door in there opens from the hut to the road that takes you north of the city, which is where you want to go.

ooc: party order please once inside the room. Three sets of two per row.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Quan walks next to Lerrick, "Lerrick? May I call you Lerrick? My name is Quan. I wanted to talk a little bit as we walk. You see, and I'm not trying to sound scary here, but we may face some danger on our travels. If something dangerous happens, the best thing is for you to lie low until it is over."

Quan smiles at her, "Of course, with these two in front of us (indicating Rocco and Skaliss) we may not have any trouble at all, but just in case, let me point out a few things that can help you stay out of sight, alright?"

He then goes into some basics of staying out of sight and still should the situation arise.

OOC: I'll go in the middle next to Lerrick unless someone trumps me

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=Marching Order]I'll propose Skalisss and Rocco up front with Skalisss on the right hand side since he has a shield. Not that there is a game mechanic for shielding allies on squares to the left, but it seems like sound tactics.
[/SBLOCK]

dimsdale

First Post
Encounter 2

OOC: Sorry for rushing this, but I'll be gone for 4 days. I'm taking my computer with me as I think I'll have internet access where I'm going

Judas leads you out of the door into what you thought was supposed to be the road north of town. That is clearly not the case as you enter an intersection surrounded by houses. Each of the houses are between 10 and 15 feet tall. In front of you are a group of thugs dressed in leather armor with a familiar seal on the back: the skull and two swords. Two of the thugs tossed off some burlap sacks, then drag two bodies dressed in full gear unceremoniously onto the ground. One of the bodies is unusually large. The leader (marked BK1 on the map) of the group barks out an order.

You two, search those bodies for coin and strip anything valuable from them!

He then turns to your party. Ah...it you Judas. You did good. He scans your party and smiles. Come on over here Judas and get your reward.

Judas smiles and scurries over to the leader. Thank you. I'm sure that you are going to give a good reward for...hey!...what the....aaaaAAGGH!

The leader's rewards him by slitting his neck. Before letting the dying body hit the ground the leader wipes his blade on Judas's cloths.

He then turns to you. Ah, what do we have here. I've heard about you. Your the group doing the favor for Weinfurter. Tell ya what. I'll let you on your way...after you give me all of your money, your armor and your weapons. What do you say? Oh...Heh heh you can leave the cute little girl too. Heh heh. The leader gazes at her with bad intent. On second thought, boys...grab your weapons. Let's just kill them all!

[sblock=map]
map
[/sblock]

OOC: initiative roll for everyone.
Baddies initiative roll: 15

Anyone with a higher roll can post their first action.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=initiative 18] 1d20+8 → [10,8] = (18) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

"Stay low Lerrick."

Quan's bow is in his hand as if it never left.

"Stay away from those two!"

Arrows fly toward the two lesser bandits. Despite the direction of the arrows, Quan is measuring up the larger one, looking for the weak spots in his armor.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Draw greatbow.
Standard: Rapid Shot (in front of minions, so as not to hit the victims) vs. minion B1 and B2: 1d20+12 → [16,12] = (28), 1d20+12 → [18,12] = (30) Roll Lookup . Likely hit both.
Free: Assassin's Shroud on BK1
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]"Quan" Thatcher- Male Human Hunter 6
Active Stance: Aspect of the Pack Wolf
Initiative: +8, Passive perception: 21, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17 HP: 50/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge value: 12, Surges/day: 7/7
Speed: 6 squares, Languages: Allarian, Goblin AP: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Aimed Shot, Clever Shot, Rapid Shot,
Disruptive Shot, Disruptive Shot, Reactive Shift, Assassin's Shroud 1 2, Heroic Effort
Healing Lore, Entangling Roots, Shadowdance Leather[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Little backward:
"Skaliss, I apologize for my outburst, I was still in battle throes adrenaline. I believe we can do good by exchanging places on the battle field, keeping others safe or hitting the enemies."
OOC: can you imagine someone looking like Rocco be so nice :)

Init (1d20+5=18)

Looking up at Skaliss
"Heh, let me open this up, you can charge after they swarm me. That servant got what he asked for."
OOC: pretty obvious, Judas by name, huh?

Rocco runs forward, putting himself between the victims and the thugs, swinging at the leader. He growls, a deep sound that reverberates from the buildings, raising hairs around him.
"C'mon cowards! This is not helpless child, this is Rocco. Nobody gets sacrificed before me."

[sblock=Actions]
OOC: Assuming weapons out, otherwise only BK is marked...also note, Rocco spent 1 surge with Nementah healing so he's at full hp.

Move: F10, on E column
Minor: Kirre's Roar, marking BK1, BB1 and B3
Standard: Brash Strike vs BK1 AC (1d20+15=21); damage (1d8.minroll(2) +13=15)
- Rocco grants CA to BK1 TSNT
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rocco Stats]
MARKED: BK1, BB1, B3

Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 16, Passive Perception 21HP 61/61, Bloodied 30, Surge Value 15+1, Surges 11/12
AC 23; Fortitude 20, Reflex 18, Will 19
1/1 AP
Speed 5

Dual Strike
Brash Strike
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority
Pass Forward

Funneling Fury
Sweeping Blow
Kirre's Roar
Second Wind

Villain's Menace
Dancing Defense

Foe Maker Hand Axe - daily, standard, everyone within 5 squares are marked by Rocco
Mithral Chainmail - daily, immediate reaction, halve the damage of melee or ranged attack
Foe chaser boots - Daily immediate reaction: Trigger: Marked enemy makes an attack that doesn't include Rocco. Effect: Rocco teleports adjacent to the marked enemy.
Flesh Grinder Gauntlet Axe +2 - Daily free: Trigger: make an attack that attacks AC; Effect: Attack targets Fort and deals extra 1d6 damage

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads