[Adventure]: The Missing Professor (DM: H.M.Gimlord, Looking for a Judge)

Luinnar

First Post
Ha, you can't hit me! Draglin remarks almost childishly. He breaths his icy breath at one of the baddies and quickly turns around. He then uses his twin swords to slash into the other two opponents. Ha take that!

[sblock=actions]
Minor:Rain of steel. Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to Draglin takes 1d6+4 damage as long as Draglin can make OAs. 6 damage this turn.

Also Draglin spend 2 surges last turn from benediction and stand the fallen.So he is at 51 HP.

20 vs Ref, 3 cold damage. R4 marked EONT.

Standard: Dual Strike
rolls
S5:26 vs AC 12 damage marked EONT
R6: 30 (with CA) vs AC 13 (with CA) damaged marked EONT Draglin
[/sblock]
[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 9
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
HP 51/74 Bloodied 37 Surge Value 18, Surges 6/9
Speed 6, Initiative +8
Action Points: 0

Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Come and Get It
Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo
Second Wind
Takedown Strike
Backlash Tatoo

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Bedeviling Assault
Quick Short Sword +2

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"You'll all meet Lauto soon!" shouts Gloom at the thugs around Draglin. The group start to be scared of the mad Shifter and step away from him.

But Gloom ignore them and simply move closer to the knife fighter. "You are the first to go!" He swings his fullblade and leave a trace of light that fly toward the knife fighter and cut him deeply.

[SBLOCK=Mechanic]Start: Regen 2 => 5/81

Minor: Call of Challenge
- Ruffian 1: Under Divine Sanction and Slided to -Q-5
- Ruffian 4: Under Divine Sanction and Slided to -Q-6
- Blademaster 2 : Under Divine Sanction and Slided to -R-4
- Slavehunter : Under Divine Sanction and Slided to -Q-4

Note: Divine Sanction deals only 5 damage, only Divine Challenge deals 10 damage. Both status mark the target.

Move: Walk to -U-7

Standard: Crescent Moon vs Refl on Knife Fighter (1d20+17=35, 2d12+10=27) Hit for 27 damages. The Knife Fighter is still under Gloom's Divine Challenge.

If someone down me and the target is within melee range, I'll use:
Iron Wolf Warrior (At Will Free Action Melee Weapon )
Target: Triggering enemy
Trigger: An enemy drop you under 1 hp.
Effect: Make a basic melee attack before dying.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Gloom's Stats]Gloom
Longtooth Shifter Paladin 10
Initiative +5
Passive Insight 27; Passive Perception 22; Low-Light Vision
HP 3/81; THP 5; Bloodied 40; Surge Value 20; Surges Per-Day 11/11
AC 26(21); Fortitude 23(18); Reflex 18(13); Will 23(18)
Resist Cold 5, Resist Necrotic 5, Resist All 10 while dying.
Speed 5

Current Effects: None

Basic Attack: Blood Fury Fullblade +16 vs AC 1d12+10 damage

Skills: Athletics +10, Endurance +11, Insight +17, Intimidate +12, Nature +12, Perception +12, Religion, +9
Languages: Common, Eladrin

Powers
[ ]Ardent Strike
[ ]Holy Strike
[ ]Divine Challenge
[ ]Iron Wolf Warrior

[X]Longtooth Shifting
[X]Iron Wolf Charge
[X]Channel Divinity (Divine Mettle or Divine Strength)
[X]Heedless Fury
[X]Fortune Spurred Smite
[ ]Crescent Moon
[ ]Call of Challenge
[X]Benediction

[4]Ardent Vow
[ ]Blood of the Mighty
[ ]Frenzying Smite
[ ]Death Angel
[ ]Aspect of Ferocity

[X]Blood Fury Fullblade [E]
[X]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [E]
[ ]Verve Layered Plate Armor [D]
[ ]Frost Gauntlet [D]
[ ]Lauto's Shroud (The Raven Queen's Shroud) [D]
[ ]Belt of Lauto Righteousness (Belt of Sonnlinor Righteousness) [D]
[/SBLOCK]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Sorry about that. I'll remove his halo from now on. He's the bartender. He's unarmed, and not overtly chosing sides.
The bartender is stunned as the action cavalcades over the bar and into his serving area. Too stunned to react, he simply offers the adventurers a shrug and a wan, sheepish smile.
OOC: Sorry for the slow posting. Life's pretty hectic, but I have a personal stake in keeping this story going, so worry not. I will not forsake you!

dimsdale

First Post
Max moves to aid the dragonborn, jumping over the bar with ease and moving to flank a foe preoccupied with Draglin. However, when the warlord attacks, he misses a point-blank shot, roaring in frustration. Damn! It doesn't get any easier than that!

[sblock=action]
movement: move to T5, athletics check: jumping over the bar: 1d20+12 = 23
minor: none
attack: brash assault: 1d20+15+2 vs Human (s5) AC: 1d8+7 = miss

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Not so fast, dogface!" Before Gloom can escape, he is brought down by one of the thugs.[sblock=Before Gloom's Move to -U,-7]Human Ruffian 4 OA: 1d20+14=33 vs. AC for 2d8+1=17 damage
Granted Shift: to -Q,-7
Gloom Free Action: Iron Wolf Warrior
Target: Human Ruffian 4
Attack: 1d20+17=33 vs. AC for 1d12+10=21 damage

[/sblock]
OOC: Summary:
  • Gloom's marks supercede Draglin's
  • Gloom falls unconscious.
  • Gloom's Crescent moon is never used.
  • All of glooms marks end.
OOC: @dimsdale : By the time Max moves to -T,-5, Gloom has slid Blademaster 2 to -R,-4. I'm going to assume that Max moves to -S,-5 to engage Blademaster 2 at -R,-4. Let me know if you would rather he do something else.
In a blur, Mab vaults onto the bar flinging several stelletos at once, which find their mark in the Knifewielder, woudning him severly. Before he has time to react, she ducks back down behind a bar, putting a finger to her lips, indicating that the bartender had better not reveal her location.[sblock=Auntie Mab's Actions]Move: Climb up on the bar at -Y,-6

Standard: Gloaming Cut
Target: Human Knife Fighter
Attack: 1d20+16+2(Blinded)=28 vs. AC for 1d4+2+2d8(SA)=18 damage
Granted Shift: Down off of the bar (behind the bar) at -Y,-7

Free: Drop prone behind the bar

Stealth: 1d20+21=28
[/sblock]The young dagger-rogue deftly ignores Mab and steps twoard Dante, a much more visible target, "Hello! Let's take a look behind that mask, shall we?" Knives cut deep into Dante, but he still manages to avoid a second blow. The escape is bittersweet, however, because it leaves his companion exposed.

The knife fighter attacks Virgil, but the lizard is too quick, and slithers away from the blow.

Seeing Gloom fall, the others quickly go after the retreating ranger, "Hey! Where are you going!? I just got started!" Draglin sees the bandits running after Dante and manages to make one of them pay for ignoring him. The passing blow, though powerful, cannot prevent the assault.

Dante demonstrates skill in avoiding most, but not all, of the blows. The exchange leaves him spent.[sblock=Enemy Actions]Human Knife Fighter
Free: Peerless Tumbler Recharge: 1d6=2 Fail!

Move: to -X,-4

Standard: Dance of the Knife
Target 1: Dante
Attack 1: 1d20+15=35 vs. AC (Crit!) for 1d6+12=16 damage

Dante's Snarling Wolf Stance IR: 1d20+16=22 vs. AC Miss
Granted shift: to -T,-1

Human Knife Fighter's Granted Shift: to -V,-4
Target 2: Virgil
Attack 2: 1d20+15=22 vs. AC Miss
Dante is too far away to MBA.

Human Slavehunter

Move: Shift to -Q,-3

Standard: Charge: to -S,-1
Target: Dante
Attack: 1d20+15+1(Charge)=23 vs. AC Miss

Human Blademaster 2
Move: Shift to -Q,-3

Standard: Charge to -S,0
Attack: 1d20+14+1(Charge)=18 vs. AC Miss

Free: Save vs. OG 5 1d20=1 (Figures) Fail!

Human Ruffian 1:
Move: Shift to -P,-3

Standard: Charge to -S,-2
Attack: 1d20+14+1(Charge)=33 vs. AC for 2d8+1=8 damage
Granted Shift: -T,-2

Human Ruffian 4
Standard: Charge to -S,-2

Draglin's OA: 1d20+15=24 vs. AC for 1d6+13=16 damage

Attack: 1d20+14+1(Charge)=24 vs. AC Miss (Think I called him HR1 on IC)
[/sblock]
OOC: @Iron Sky :I realize that I took a liberty in shifting Dante for you as part of his SWS, based on direction you gave (positive direction) earlier in the game. The move seemed in character to me, but if you think he'd go a different direction, let me know.
[sblock=status]
Gloom -R,-7 -12/81HP 11/11HS 0AP Unconscious Dying
Draglin -R,-5 51/74HP 5/9HS 1AP, Rain of Steel (1d6+4 damage to enemies starting turns adjacent to Draglin, rolled during Draglin's turn)
Dante -T,-1 21/67HP 6/6HS 0AP Bloodied
Virgil -U,-5 85/94 2/2HS
Auntie Mab -Y,-7 47/60HP 7/7HS 0AP
Max -S,-5 53/67HP 8/8HS 1AP

Human Ruffian 1 -T,-2 62/96HP Dazzling Strike
Human Ruffian 4 -T,-3 17/96HP Bloodied Dazzling Strike
Human Slavehunter -S,-1 77/103HP
Human Knife Fighter -V,-4 7/214HP Bloodied 0AP Must Recharge Peerless Tumbler
Human Blademaster 2 -S,0 16(11)/94HP Bloodied Ongoing 5 (Save Ends)Human Ruffian 3 -U,-5 -18/96HP Dead
Human Blademaster 1 -12/94HP
Dead
Human Ruffian -22/96HP Dead

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
BarRoomBrawlRound6-1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain: Please Read][sblock=Furniture]

• This will be treated as difficult terrain, but Creatures that are hit while standing in a square that is more than 1/4 occupied by a piece of furniture are subject to a DC 18 athletics check. Failure means that the creature falls prone in a random square adjacent to the piece of furniture and takes 1d6 points of damage.
  • Dropping (or falling) prone behind furniture gives you total concealment and superior cover against any creature on the opposite side of the furniture. From any angle, it provides normal cover, but no concealment. From the same side, you are simply prone.
  • Chairs and stools can be moved 1 square as a minor action, but tables and benches require a standard action. Moving anything further than one square expends a standard action and a move action. (I'm going to assume that everyone here is strong enough to move a table so no strength check ;)).
  • Chairs, stools, food, plates, cutlery, and mugs can be used as improvised weapons requiring a minor action to pick them up.
[/sblock][sblock=The Bar]More accurately, squares -v,-10 through -V,-6 and -W,-6 through -Z,-6.

• Hurdling the bar takes a 2 square jump check (Athletics DC 20), but, if successful, it allows a creature to continue its move without counting the square hurdled.
  • Failure means that you fall prone on top of the bar taking 1d6 points of damage (see Furniture).
  • Creatures can climb over the bar in 2 squares of movement (4 if you count the bar stools. Remember that bar stools are difficult terrain and are not included in this cost).
[/sblock][sblock=Wall Torches]

• These can be used as improvised weapons.
  • To remove a torch requires a minor action.
  • Hitting with a torch does 1d4 fire damage.
  • If a torch is used as a ranged weapon, it can possibly set fire to something. On a roll of 1 with a d6, the target square becomes a zone in which any creature passing through the zone takes 1d4 fire damage. Every round thereafter, a 1d4 is rolled. On a roll of 1, the zone grows to an adjacent square.
[/sblock][sblock=Bystanders]

• Bystanders are the ones without illuminated bases.
  • Bystanders are unarmed, and were either curious as to the outcome of the fight, but unwilling to engage, or they were trapped in the bar before they could get out,...or they are asleep in a drunken stupor, unaware of what is happening.
  • For every bystander hit (whether you do it or not), the party loses 100XP (after doubling) from the encounter total.
  • For every bystander killed (whether you do it or not), the party loses an additional 400XP(after doubling) from the encounter total.
[/sblock][sblock=Kitchen]

• The kitchen is behind a bar with a stove/oven visible and stairway leading up (Remember you're looking for a cellar). The oven is hot. Being pushed or slid into it deals you 1d6 damage.
  • The rest of the kitchen is not yet viewable from your vantagepoint.
[/sblock][sblock=Door to the Northwest]

• You are, as of yet, uncertain where this door leads.
  • Breakdown requires a DC 20 strength check.
  • Picking requires a DC 20 Thievery check.
  • Opening (or trying it) requires a minor action.
[/sblock][sblock=Stairway to the Southwest]This stairway leads up. (Remember you're looking for a cellar).[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats][sblock=Human Ruffian]

HumanRuffian.png

[/sblock][sblock=Human Knife Fighter]
HumanKnifeFighter.png

[/sblock][sblock=Human Slavehunter]
HumanSlavehunter.png

[/sblock][sblock=Human Blademaster]
HumanBlademaster.png
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Did the humans take Rain of Steel damage, I don't see it listed? :)

Gloom! Draglin cries, seeing his friend fall. You shall pay for that fiend! he shouts rusing over and swinging his two swords wildly. One connects but the blademaster dodges the second blow with ease.
[sblock=actions]
7 Rain of steel damage this turn. (Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to Draglin takes 1d6+4 damage as long as Draglin can make OAs.)

Move:R1 around OA.
rolls
S1:33 vs AC, 10 damage marked EONT
S2: 19 vs AC 10 marked EONT Draglin
[/sblock]
[sblock=Draglin Stat Block]
Draglin, Dragonborn Fighter 9
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 22, Reflex 21, Will 15
HP 51/74 Bloodied 37 Surge Value 18, Surges 6/9
Speed 6, Initiative +8

Basic Attack Short Sword; +16, 1d6+13(+14 w/ CA) creature is marked hit or miss, if used because of an OA from movement the creature stops moving (but may take another action to move again).

Combat Challenge: At Will Immediate Interrupt Melee
Trigger: When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Sir Draglin.
Effect: Sir Draglin makes a melee basic attack against that enemy

Footwork Lure
Dual Strike

Combat Challenge

Come and Get It
Distracting Spate
Battle Fury Stance
Rain of Blows
Kirre's Roar
Dragon Breath
Feral Hide Armor +2
Amulet of Life +1

Bravo
Second Wind
Takedown Strike
Backlash Tatoo

Tempest Dance
Rain of Steel
Bedeviling Assault
Quick Short Sword +2

[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I think the enemy coordinates are off... I'd also like to see the enemy hp totals factoring in Draglin's Rain of Steel from last round before I figure out what Dante is going to do.

Remove ads