• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

JRYoung

First Post
"That was... strange," Growl comments. He then shares with the others, "There were herbs meant to cause euphoria burnt here recently."

"Well, perhapsss thisss 'Master' needsss more than jussst hisss own powersss to control hisss victimsss?" muses Skalisss.

The ghostly figure alarms him. "It isss time to go. Where ssshould we look? The prisssioner we took sssaid that bodiesss are being dumped Hyann the Gnoll'sss old hideout on Crow ssstreet, we could ssstart there. The prisioner'sss brother is named Kyran, we could asssk around to locate him."

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
//Just a quick note to remind you all that you haven't had that extended rest, so haven't gained your XP yet, and it's roughly 11pm Daunton time. And there are still three more orphans to be found, not to mention your wayward party member.//

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Fragsie] With all of her time being unconscious, by the time she actually wakes up, will she have had 6 hours of sleep? If so, can I go ahead and level her up? [/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Religion Check]1d20+11->16[/sblock]

Ceryx racks his brain thinking of any religion significance to the "nine headed serpant". As he thinks, he says to his companions, "Well, it seems our drow friend has gotten herself into trouble. Perhaps we should look for this nine headed serpent tomorrow when there's more light out. I think it best that we head somewhere for a good night's sleep. It will only look suspicious to townsfolk to have grown men wandering the streets at night looking for children. As well, I am heavily exhausted from the battle earlier today and the running around tonight."

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=Fragsie] With all of her time being unconscious, by the time she actually wakes up, will she have had 6 hours of sleep? If so, can I go ahead and level her up? [/sblock]

[sblock]It won't be 6 hours I'm afraid, but Mikara will take her extended rest at the same time as the rest of the party.[/sblock]

The only religious significance that Ceryx can think of is a small cult from the Valley of Bones called the brothers of the nine faces, a small benign sect that worships the hydra. Not helpful information in its self, but the image of a hydra throws up a memory of the old run down fountain near the entrance to the Overgrowth where the group have found themselves stood pondering a few times now.

mohalloran

First Post
Ceryx seems to break down slightly as he finishes his sentence. "Or maybe she's..." and without much more warning, Ceryx charges out of the temple. "Follow me!" he cries on his way towards the fountain.

Fragsie

Explorer
Although Skalisss is able to drudge up numerous references to the hydra from religious texts that he has read; most involve the hydra being seen as a symbol of the resilience of evil or the fact that the gods may take on any number of faces and names, nothing that he thinks of seems to have much relevance to what this group is up to.

//The arcana check isn't to do with the braziers!//

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads