Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara genuinely smiles at the attention the crowd pays her until the bartender replies rudely. When the unshaven man places her hand on her hip and offers his services as a "companion" she decides to ruffle his feathers. Dropping a globe of darkness around her and the man, she quickly moves closer towards him and then rather ungently grabs his genitals and twists. As the man doubles over and groans, she whispers in his ear.

"I thank you for the information. But if you EVER place your hand on a female without being told when, where, and how... the pain you feel now will be but like a splinter compared to the forrest of torture I will enact on you. Are we clear?"

When the globe of darkness disipated, Mikara was nowhere to be found, having already walked out of the door to go back to the TURTLEDOME!

[sblock=Intimidate check] Mikara rolls a 24 intimidate [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
"I will go with Brother Ssshane" responds Skalisss. "Together we may be able to dissscover sssomething from the Clergy of thisss fine city".

[SBLOCK=Shane] Streetwise DC18 is going to be very tough for us. Skalisss is +5, so you should probably post an Aid Another when we find someone to talk to, and Skalisss with try the Streetwise check. Sound good?

Let go find some Churches...
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Shane] Streetwise DC18 is going to be very tough for us. Skalisss is +5, so you should probably post an Aid Another when we find someone to talk to, and Skalisss with try the Streetwise check. Sound good?

[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]Bear in mind that just because streetwise is the primary doesn't mean you have to use it (you just get a +2 if you do!), there are other skills at which Skalisss and Brother Shane are good, that could be useful in this challenge.[/sblock]

Surrounded by inky shadows, the man whose livelihood Mikara holds in her hand swears that he will change his ways and never even look at a woman without her permission. His whimpers and promises can be heard by everyone else in the inn, most of whom are trying to get as far away from the cloud of shadow as they can.

Those of you who are still loitering in the street outside trying to decide where to go for information, see a dozen full grown men burst from the tavern's doors and run in ten different directions, just a scant five minutes since Mikara and Growl entered.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Growl, having tagged along with Mikara and Ceryx, is able to tell that, for what it's worth, the lout's advice was honest.

Insight (1d20+10=18)

[sblock=Growl's Info]Growl- "Male" Warforged Druid 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 12, Will: 17 - Speed: 6
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8 (10 in beast form), Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Chill Wind
Savage Rend
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Barkskin
Darting Bite
Second Wind
Warforged Resolve

Faerie Fire
Enduring Beast Hide Armor +1 (Daily)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
Having gone down the opposite way as Mikara, to hit as many taverns as possible, Ceryx finds himself apart from the rest of the group.

Moseying into the first tavern, Ceryx walks up to the bar and orders a drink. Looking around, he asks the bartender off-handedly, "So, I'm kinda new to these parts. Do you know of any shrines to a Miraz? Or possibly any shrines around town that people aren't sure *who* they worship?"

[sblock=Streetwise]1d20+7->26[/sblock]

[sblock=Fragsie]After hearing the answer, Ceryx go and sits in a corner away from the front door with his drink.[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
The barkeep serves Ceryx with a friendly; if somewhat wary, smile.
"New to these parts? I'm not surprised, I've not seen one like you before!" the rotund man exclaims; "As fer shrines, there ain't many in the town, most were abandoned or converted for other uses when the big temples was built. I don't know who this Maraz is you're talkin' about, no, not heard that name before. Those what is still used are probably outside o' the city, used by the farmers who work the land on the forest edge. I might be able to help you more, or at least point you to someone who can; if I knew which god you was talking about that is."

[sblock=Ceryx Only]Not long after you take your seat in the corner, a short figure enters the tavern and orders a drink from the bar. The figure's features are hidden in a deep hooded cloak that covers it's form, the voice and hint of a chin are the only clues that the figure is in fact a woman.

With drink in hand, she silently glides across the room and sits beside you.
"Well met Ceryx, you wanted to speak to me?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
"I will go with Brother Ssshane" responds Skalisss. "Together we may be able to dissscover sssomething from the Clergy of thisss fine city".

[/SBLOCK]

"Well, my knowledge of shrines besides my own is not extensive, but I'll lend what light I can to our search." Shane moves down the alleys of Daunton, fast on Skalisss' heels.
[sblock]
Aid Another (1d20=1)

ouch.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss and Brother Shane proceed to the Temple District and ask amongst the Clergy about the location of the shrine of Maraz.

"Minotaur friendsss of oursss have gone to pray at the ssshrine, we mussst find them immediately" explains Skalisss.

OOC: Streetwise w/ +2 (1d20+7=26)

Remove ads