• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: The Power of Knowledge (DM: Fragsie, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I try to post as often as I can and I check every day to see if anyone else has posted here. I have finals this week, so I was kinda swamped, but now I have a month off before school starts up again. I should have a better posting rate. I think all of us are trying to use what we can and i'm guessing most of us have a lack of social skills, lol. I'm middle ground because of my characters good charisma mod, but most of her social skills aren't trained or she'd probably be doing more. [/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=Garyh]What would make a place suitable for a shrine? Consider that these minotaurs are looking for a place holy to the Savage Lands' version of Maros, so wild or natural aspects of that deity may be paramount. What would the builders be thinking about when they built the shrine? I can't speak for Fragsie, but I'd personally call that an insight check.[/sblock]
[sblock]/Wave.

We're in our final battle and there's 9 players, so as Fragsie said, shouldn't be too long. I look forward to joining you.[/sblock]

Tinwe

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I've just finished up exams, which was the biggest reason I haven't been around much. The holidays are a busy time for me, too, and I tend to be scarce on weekends just as a matter of course. As always, if Shane is holding anything up, feel free to RP him. I don't mind at all. [/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Ok, with christmas around the corner it's no doubt going to slow down a little throughout L4W, but i'll probably manage to get online once a day. If you guys want to start the second round of skill checks now and we can take it at a relaxed pace. You only need 1 more success for a partial victory, 2 more for a total victory, so aid-anothers will probably help :)[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Religion]1d20+11->22[/sblock]

After hearing Skalisss talk about the god Maros, Ceryx reaches back into his mind to determine what, if anything, he knows about this God and where a temple of his might possibly be located.

Fragsie

Explorer
OOC: 5 Successes (Partial Victory Achieved)

Searching through his collective memories, Ceryx recounts for the group what he remembers about Maros.
The god of war is often referred to as 'the hound of war', he revels in strength and battlefield prowess, but his connection to war is more to do with eventual victory and the violent side of battle than the tactical. He is often depicted wielding a great battleaxe called Bloodlust that was supposedly forged by Vulkar himself, and has close ties to the god of the warforged.
In the Imperium Maros is known as Aressus where in addition to his relationship with war, he is often given the attribute of cowardice. He is said to grant extraordinary acts of prowess to his fathful, only to help their foes immediately after, for he loves the sight of battle, but he loves more that of blood.
Often shrines and temples dedicated to Maros are constructed on sites of great battles; the blood from those who fell fighting for belief or cause fuel his connection to the mortal realm. Smaller shrines are often built in guard houses or army barracks so that warriors and militia may pray to him often.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'll post something as soon as Skalisss replies to Mikara. I'll have Mikara do something appropriate (well, for her anyways :p) after he replies and does something [/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
Mikara, not having any idea what an Obolus was, but understanding enough to know that they did need to search in the old part of the city (the now far-more-testicularly-sensitive man in the inn having informed her of such) nodded to the dragonborn.

"I agree. Should we round them up ourselves, or wait here for them?"

"Let'sss round them up, Ssshadow Lady" replies Skalisss. Mikara and Skalisss eventually have the others back at the docks, trading information.

OOC: caught up now...

JRYoung

First Post
"Ssso we are looking for templesss or ssshrines to Marosss or Aressusss located in guard housesss, barracksss, or on the sssites of battle fieldsss. We will ssstart firssst in the old city, then proceed just outssside the city if we have no luck there" Skalisss summarizes. "Isss there anthing elssse that anyone found?"

Kalidrev

First Post
Mikara shakes her head to the dragonborn.

"I think we've got it. Let's head out to the Old City and I'll try to find some more information on where one of these shrines could be."

Remove ads