Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Dekana

Explorer
Eva moves toward the next Otyugh, but she cries out in pain when she steps in something. "Ow! What's this? It's sticky!"

OOC: All my attacks are Ranged and will provoke an OA, so I'm kind of stuck. Maybe Vyrna can push or pull the jelly away from Eva? Pretty please? :D

I'll ready my action instead of using it right away. If the jelly is no longer adjacent to Eva by the end of the round, I'll attack the Otyugh as already described. Otherwise, I'll use Second Wind.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: On the other hand the cube has already made an opportunity action against you and therefore can't make another until it's next turn comes. You can safely use ranged attacks without provoking again

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Dur! For having 20 INT, Eva can sure be an idiot sometimes.

Despite being caught up in the acidic jelly thing, Eva is able to concentrate enough to cast another spell. She levels her staff at the remaining Otyugh, and the crystal at its end emits a sickly purplish glow. "Woodland creatures, take your revenge!" she intones dryly.

A few seconds pass, and it appears that the spell had no effect. But suddenly, the garbage pile near the beast rumbles, pieces of detritus falling off the top. A pair of skeletal raccoons then burst out of the pile and latch themselves to the Otyugh, inflicting a flurry of claws and bites on their killer. After their onslaught, the bones de-animate and collapse to the ground in a heap. The jawbones still make feeble attempts to bite anything nearby.

[sblock=Vyrna, Randal]When Eva casts her spell in such close proximity, the unlife within you flares up. Vyrna's craving for blood intensifies, and Randal feels a powerful hunger for flesh come over him (although no chickens are nearby to satiate it with). These cravings both fade in moments. If the animated skeletons didn't make it clear enough, the effects of the spell do: that was definitely necromancy.[/sblock]
[sblock=Eva actions / stats]Move: walk to Q15, ending up at S15 after being immobilized by a jelly.

Standard: Restless Dead vs Otyugh 2 hits Reflex 21 for 13 damage, and Eva gains 2 THP. The squares adjacent to Otyugh 2 are difficult terrain for Eva's enemies TENT Eva. (1d20+6=21; 1d8+5=13) I rolled this against Otyugh 1, but Ryan managed to kill it before I could post.

End of turn: Saving throw vs Immobilized fails (see previous post).

PC:Eva (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Female Elf Mage 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 10
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:15, Will:13 -- Speed:7
HP:2+12/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1
Conditions
Bloodied
Immobilized (save ends)

Powers
Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Phantasmal Assault, Restless Dead, Magic Missile
Color Orb, Darkening Flame, Elven Accuracy, Second Wind, Spook
Spirit Rend
[sblock=spellbook]
Darkening Flame, Ray of Enfeeblement
Spirit Rend, Summon Dretch[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Vyrna can feel the awful deliciousness of death wash over her the moment Ryan's weighted blade comes down upon the Otyugh's prone form. Brimming with necrotic energy, the small vampire steps over her discarded enemy and focuses her attention on Shun's current foe. This is when she feels dark energies pulsate within the garbage behind the still-living Otyugh. Vyrna is quite surprised at the elf's use of necromancy, and laughs aloud when the skeletal creatures assault the trash monster. Grinning evily, her blood lust in full force, she launches herself forward, almost recklessly, and barrels into the Otyugh, slamming away with her fist and attempting to get in close enough to sink her fangs into flesh.

[sblock=Actions]
Free Action: Vyrna uses Dark Reaping after Otyugh 1 is reduced to 0 hit points.

[sblock]=Dark Reaping]Dark Reaping (Encounter Free Action ✦ Necrotic) Revenant Racial Power
Trigger: A creature within 5 squares of Vyrna is reduced to 0 hit points.
Effect: One creature of Vyrna's choice that she hits with an attack before the end of her next turn takes an extra 1d8+4 necrotic damage from the attack.[/sblock]

Move Action: Move to Q10
Standard Action: Charge to O12 and use Vampire Slam instead of a MBA.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vyrna's Stats]
Vyrna
- Revenant (Halfling) Vampire 1
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 11, Reflex 15, Will 15
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11, Surge Value 5, Surges 2/2
Speed 6, Initiative +5 Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Vampire Slam, Dark Beckoning, Taste of Life
Encounter Powers: Blood Drinker, Dark Reaping, Takedown Strike
Daily Powers: Swarm of Shadows Utility Powers: none [/sblock]

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
What in the blazes! Where did those rats come from? And you! Woman! Are you trying to eat this thing? It's getting a little uncomfortable in here, and I'm not talking about these blasted tentacles either. Got me tighter than a octopus trying to pry open a clam... unnnhhh.

Speaking has become suddenly difficult as the creature tightens its hold on the Wilden. Shun struggles again to break free from the grasp of the Otyugh, and attacks as he does so.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to P14 only if Shun escapes
Minor: none
Standard: Tempest Assault[/sblock]

OOC: Hmmm, it looks like Vyrna may have actually killed that Otyugh after she posted her rolls. The lack of initiative order is messing up our tactics. Can I shift my attack to the jelly thingy?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Ryan slashes his warty foe dead with a mighty swing more of less at the same time the second tentacle horror is done by a barrage of magic tricks. As you congratulate yourselves, a cry of pain is heard from Eva’s position. You turn just in time to see her being absorbed by a translucent jelly creature, floating inside much like a pineapple chunk. Quickly coming into her aid, both Shun and Vyrna attack the strange being with a slash of his electrified chains and her bare fists. As the halfling’s hand connects, she feels the gelatinous creature trying to pull her in, but she’s too fast and strong and resists it.

[sblock=actions]
Since Lily and Eva killed the remaining otyugh, Vyrna had no other target than the cube, so I moved her to her current’s position and attack the remaining enemy instead. Same goes for Shun.
Cube uses Engulf against Vyrna and Eva. Eva is hit (18 Vs her Ref) and is Engulfed. She’s dazed and suffering 5 ongoing acid damage as long she’s inside the cube.
[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Ryan: 21/31
Lily 30/30
Eva 12/24, Immobilized, Grabbed, Dazed, 5 ongoing damage
Shun 29/35
Vyrna 22/22

Otyugh 1: Dead
Otyugh 2: Dead
Cube: 79/114
Cube stats: AC: 15 Fort:16 Ref:15 Will:14. MBA: +6 Vs Fort, 2d8+5 damage and target is Immobilized (save ends)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Staff104.jpg
[/sblock]

Karlowitch

First Post
Dekana said:
[sblock=Randal and Vyrna]When Eva casts her spell in such close proximity, the unlife within you flares up. Vyrna's craving for blood intensifies, and Randal feels a powerful hunger for flesh come over him (although no chickens are nearby to satiate it with). These cravings both fade in moments. If the animated skeletons didn't make it clear enough, the effects of the spell do: that was definitely necromancy. [/sblock]

Relieved that the monster is dead, Ryan turns his attention to the cube creature and is about to charge when he feels something behind him biting him " What the h***! Did you just bite me ?! " .
" Noo...! " he says like a teenager busted at doing things he shouldn't. " ... it was one of those raccoons... I swear ! " .

Trying to turn Ryan's focus, he reminds of other more pressing matters " You need to help the almost naked lady elf, before she gets totally naked....wait did I just say that ? "

Seeing that his friend has a point, Ryan charges the Cube with his Khopesh elevated. Striking true, Ryan slashes the cube viscously, but sadly there was not enough force behind the blow to push it away from Eva.
[sblock=Actions]
Move: Moves to a place where he can charge the cube if necessary.
Standard: Charges the cube and hits AC 21. Does 13 damage in total and the cube is marked.
No Action: Uses Iron Wolf Charge encounter power when he hits with the charge attack. Does not hit will 14 and does not push the creature.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ryan's Stats]
Ryan Bonebreaker - Male Human Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:14, Will:13, Speed:5
HP:21/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:12/12
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: Khopesh, +6 vs AC, 1d8+6 damage (see Combat notes below)
RBA: Javelin, +6 vs AC, 1d6+4 damage, 10/20
Crushing Surge, Weapon Master's Strike
Second Wind, Steel Serpent Strike(USED), Iron Wolf Charge(USED)
Villain's Menace, Unrelenting Mountain

Combat notes:
+2 to attack roll on OAs, OAs stop enemy movement
+2 to damage when Ryan has thp
+3 thp with each successful hit
Marked enemies get -2 to atk's and cannot shift without provoking

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads