Adventure: The stolen staff (DM: Someone. Judge: Luinnar)

Neil1889

First Post
GM: That was a tough fight! Since it's a milestone, you get 1 action point.

OOC: WHOOO!!! Good job guys! That one was tough! Had to use my daily on that one, and I think someone else has already used theirs as well, but I say we keep pushing on!

OOC: Yeah, it was hard and yes I had another effect layered on top of my daily, but we were really at risk there, I thought. I used a lot of encounters too! It be nice to try and do a full rest if we can but I'm not giddy about it being here.

Lilli privately wonders if it is her fate to travel with those who either have made dark pacts or have had them thrust upon them. She avoids looking Vyrna in the eye for the moment. Instead she merely mutters aloud, "Once again, I go underground. What do I meet? Yet another beastly creature from some infernal nether region."

She smiles weakly, and that soon fades when she is realises the state of the altar.

Dekana

Explorer
OOC: Great fight! I thought Vyrna was dead for sure at the start of the fight. Well, deader anyway.

Eva uses 1 healing surge. She's at 22/24 hp and 4/8 surges.

Eva rubs ineffectually at some of the scratches on her legs and arms. She didn't notice it in the heat of battle, but that floor was hard and very coarse.

Someone

Adventurer
While you catch your breath, you can't fail to notice the crude idol on the altar. With the appropiate precautions needed handling unknown religious relics, you notice it's made of pure gold and worth at least 90 gold coins. Encouraged by this, you continue searching, eventually looking beyond the door at the other side of the altar. There are a table and shelves, where, hidden behind some vial racks (filled with blood, strangely) lies hidden a bag with 30 more gold coins.

Additionally, the orc priest's corpse was wearing a pair of tough gloves, made of thick leather with metal bits, and inside the room you recently discovered, in a box, there's a fine tunic a bit too small for the orcs but maybe useable by some of you. With two users of magic among you, it doesn't take long to discover they are both magical.

OOC: The gloves are gauntlets of blood (level 4, hands slot, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls against bloodied targets) and the tunic is a set of +1 repulsion cloth armor, this last one from Vyrna's wish list.

Tell me when you're ready to continue.

weldon

Explorer
Shun carefully wipes down his equipment and coils up the chain and places it back over his shoulder. He looks over the loot from the fight and pokes at the gauntlets with his trident, flipping them over to look at the metal bits worked into the leather.

Ugh. Horrid things. I think someone could make good use of these though. They look tougher than nails.

The wilder walks over to the racks and looks over the vials.

Why keep all the blood? Despite the reward, I think we'd be doing everyone a favor to send these bilge-sucking scum to the depths.

You know, looking at these vials a little more closely, I wonder if they were used inside orc pinatas and would fall out for the little orc children to enjoy during their orc festivals.

OOC: Perception roll is for the vials to see if Shun notices anything interesting about them. Religion roll to see if Shun can discern their purpose.

I believe that I'm at 25hp - 5hp for starting my last turn in the hellhound's aura, or 20hp. I'll spend 2 surges (8hp * 2 = +16hp) to get back to full 35hp. I don't think I ended up using my daily because of the revised actions at the beginning of the fight, so Shun should have all his powers. Updated stats below...

[sblock=Shun's Stats]Shun - Wilden Stormheart Warden 1
Passive Perception 18, Passive Insight 11
AC 17, Fort 16, Reflex 11, Will 12
HP 35/35, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 11/13
Speed 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 2, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Tempest Assault, Weight of Earth, Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp
Encounter Powers: Roots of Stone, Form of Winter's Herald Attack, Pursuit of the Hunter, Voyage of the Ancients, Wrath of the Destroyer
Daily Powers: Form of Winter's Herald
Utility Powers: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: You're right about the daily, you didn't use it, but thanks to Vyrna you didn't started the last round in the hellhounds aura, so Shun ended the combat at 25 hp. You have the option to spend one surge to be at 33/35, or two for a full recovery.

Shun doesn't notice anything strange about the blood. Looks to be just blood.

Vyrna eyes the smaller tunic and sees that it would go well with what she is already wearing. She also notes the large number of wounds on her body that were having to reform themselves and gave a "Tch!" of disapproval at the bits and tears missing from her own clothing.

"This will do just fine..." she comments to no one in particular while slipping the enchanted clothing over her head. As soon as it was in place she could feel the items strength, durability, and power.

Next, Vyrna walks over to the racks of blood and looks at the consistency of the contents of each vile, wondering if they are all viable for sustaining her vampiric form.

Neil1889

First Post
"Well, I think I'm as ready as I'll ever be to move on."

[sblock=occ]Lilli will use a Healing Surge to recover some hit points; how she looks after that will be below.

Mini-stats:

Lilli
Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 3.
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 16.
HP: 27/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 5/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Use Vulnerability
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Fade Away
Second Wind
Horrid Whispers USED
Shield
Hypnotic Pattern [Hypnotic Pattern Attack]

Lilli will use Fade Away if hit by an attack that drops her to 9 or below.
[/sblock]

weldon

Explorer
Shun moves to each door and listens for any indication of what might be on the other side...

OOC: I'll go ahead and burn 2 surges to get full.

Someone

Adventurer
GM: I'll suppose Ryan spend 3 surges to be at full health.

Also, I remind you that the gloves wasn't in anyone's wishlist, so it's up to you to decide who gets them. If no one particulary wants them, then just roll a d20, highest roll wins.

After some careful examination of the table in the chambers where the vials and gold was found, Shun finds a key in a secret compartment hidden inside one of the drawers. He can't find anything where it could fit, but maybe it'll be of some use later.

The other, unexplored archway leads back to the twisting tunnels. Not having anything else to do here, you decide to follow Lilli's advice and continue searching for the Staff.

As before, the tunnels bend and twist. You avoid a couple sentries and patrols, but that diverts you to the seemingly less explored side tunnels, and now into a dead end, as the way is cut by an underground river of icy waters.

Or maybe not. There's a hole in a wall, beyond the cold flowing water, that maybe can allow you to continue your way, but someone has to reach it, climbing the walls or braving the freezing river.

Suggested skills: Athletics, Endurance.

GM: This continues the challenge interrupted by the combat. As a reminder, you can use any skill or power if you justify it well enough, but even then they may be more difficult than the suggested skills. Also, Ryan, Eva, Vyrna already acted so it's up to Lilli or Shun to solve this situation

Remove ads