[Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
With the Sunrod lit, the entire party can now gaze down into the next floor with ease. You see a small antechamber. The walls here are carved stone and seem sturdy enough. To the north rests a heavy metal door and to the east a stone door. Both portals are fully shut. The light spilling in from above lets you look around, but there is no light source, should the above rooms door be shut. The floor has a thin layer of dirt, but it is otherwise empty.

Map

OOC: Both doors, you would guess, are heavier than 5 pounds.

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Whoops sorry overlooked that.

*Hunzu descends the stairs after Kamotz and Whiggins. He looks to the doors then looks around the room in general. Hunzu speaks into the mind of his allies about himself.*

"I shall not be opening any of these doors."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
As Sound of Stone approaches the door, a mechanism clicks into place and a dart fires out of a hidden chamber. Sound quickly managed to dodge to projectile. A quick test of the door shows it to be locked, though it may not be wise to stay in front of it.

[sblock=Trap]15 vs AC, Dart Trap Misses![/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Clinking and metal scraping as Kamotz readjusts, hanging his shield for a moment and placing his triple-headed flail at his hip. Pulling the rope across his chest, his pack spin around to his chest, and Kamotz detaches a torch. Striking his flint and steel, Kamotz lights the torch and holds it aloft. After replacing the flint and steel, the pack is slung back round to his back, and Kamotz straps his shield on once again.

Peering down the stairs Kamotz judged the area, and paid close attention to the tracks in the dirt. Finally satisfied that he could not read the tracks any further, the shifter looked to Whiggins, Go on, if it is an entrance to Death, it'll open right up, plenty of room. The dire wolf carefully pads forward squeezing into the opening easily this time, Oh much better! Good Whiggins! elates Kamotz happy to see their practice finally paying off.

"Bah, that will teach Sound of Stone to trust the eyes of Fleshies," says the Thri Kreen.

Not all fleshies have poor eyesight, just the blind ones. states Kamotz waving the torch in front of Illarion, as if he couldn't sense it.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I did tell you I didn't sense any traps and that it doesn't mean there aren't any. Now that you've found one, let me ... see...if I can disable it. Stand back."

Sorcerer approaches, touching around the door. His arms slowly weaving in front of him.

Thievery to disarm the trap (1d20+8=14) due to demonhunter boon, this is total of 15.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Sound of Stone goes at the trapped door and manages to unlock it. As he moves onto the trap itself, another dart clicks into place and comes flying out, though he manages to avoid that as well.

Illarion steps up to try his own luck, again setting off the trap, put it deflects off his enchanted armor.

[sblock=Kamotz]You find the same covered tracks as in the above room. These seem to come from the stone, trapped door[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] The Stone Door is unlocked, but both disarm attempts fail. You can try again later, or perhaps try with an assist.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Ha ha ha! Can't you two work together to disable that thing, instead of getting in each others way? laughs Kamotz, a high pitch barking sound, while holding the torch out to light the area for Sound of Stone.

Remove ads