[Adventure] Underneath Hadeys' Door: DM ScorpiusRisk, Judge Renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Ok people, I think this is where we should probably end things. This was a bit of an experiment after all. I'm not going to hash out all the things that might be a problem with this adventure, but this non-linear, not story driven, dungeon crawl is clearly not working out with this play by post. I will be adding up experience shortly.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: We can always try without Sound of Stone, I don't mind the adventure, we were just waiting on trap monkey (or bug in this case). rb780nm, real life sometimes gets in the way - it's not as if we didn't see and experienced it before.

Would anyone else be interested in continuing? I can serve as passable trap disarmer, just not so good as Sound

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The heroes continue their treacherous journey through the underground dungeon and find, not to their surprise, a small warren of kobolds and further signs that this area was once a temple to Hadey's. Unfortunately, several side areas have been heavily damaged and cannot be fully explored. The party agrees to let the long dead rest in peace.

OOC: Rewards:
1425 XP for the encounters and traps (356 xp each)
200 bonus XP each for excellent roleplaying, especially at the beginning, and trying something new

4 Months Time Played
836 xp and 712 gp for Hunzu at level 2
1000 xp and 1016 gp for Sound of Stone at level 3
1168 xp and 1400 gp for Kamotz and Illarion at level 4

350 gp each, representing average treasure that should have been awarded should we have continued.

Totals:
Hunzu: 1392 xp and 1062 gp
Sound of Stone: 1556 xp 1366 gp
Kamotz: 1724 xp and 1750 gp
Illarion: 1724 xp and 1750 gp

If anyone would like to take the one piece of treasure, the previously given mask, speak up and I'll remove the 350 bonus gp from your total. I know it wasn't a highly desired item, so I'm happy to not include it at this time.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
350 gp each, representing average treasure that should have been awarded should we have continued.

OOC: The rest of it looks fine, I'm just curious as to what this part means? I've assumed that generally gp is awarded for what was completed, not for what wasn't. I just skimmed the thread, but right now it reads kinda like "I meant for this adventure to cover two levels, but we only got through one. Here's the extra level's worth of reward anyway though."

If you can explain and/or remove that chunk I quoted, I'll approve it.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: I don't reward gold after each encounter, but in chunks throughout the adventure. Even though the party got through two fights and several traps there was only one item given and no other treasure, even though, had they continued, they would have earned treasure. This treasure is for what they did.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I don't reward gold after each encounter, but in chunks throughout the adventure. Even though the party got through two fights and several traps there was only one item given and no other treasure, even though, had they continued, they would have earned treasure. This treasure is for what they did.

OOC: Understood and, thus, Approved.

Remove ads