[Adventurer's Vault] Problematic Items

Belt of Vim [p.164]
Lvl 18 85,000 gp
Property: Level 18: +2 bonus to Fortitude defense.

Girdle of the Dragon [p.165]
Lvl 16 45,000 gp
Property: Gain a +2 bonus to Fortitude defense.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Make two attack rolls: Melee 1; Strength + 3 vs. AC; on a hit, the target takes
3d6 + Strength modifier damage. If both attacks hit the same target, the target is grabbed (until escape).

ROFL:lol: I'll take the Dragon girdle for 45K please, I hope they aren't sold out.

mlangsdorf

First Post
I note with some amusement that Immovable Rods have returned, because they never caused any issues in 3rd edition. You can still float a castle on the silly things.

Belt of Vim [p.164]
Lvl 18 85,000 gp
Property: Level 18: +2 bonus to Fortitude defense.

Girdle of the Dragon [p.165]
Lvl 16 45,000 gp
Property: Gain a +2 bonus to Fortitude defense.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Make two attack rolls: Melee 1; Strength + 3 vs. AC; on a hit, the target takes
3d6 + Strength modifier damage. If both attacks hit the same target, the target is grabbed (until escape).
:eek: Are those static defense bonuses on minor magical items? Wasn't this sort of thing specifically condemned in the Design & Development 4E previews?

Jack99

Adventurer
:eek: Are those static defense bonuses on minor magical items? Wasn't this sort of thing specifically condemned in the Design & Development 4E previews?

Aye, could have sworn we were told that bonuses to AC and Defenses were reserved for Amor and neck slot.. :(

Griogre

First Post
Some Freelancer didn't get the memo or they needed X items to fill the book. Or they figured they needed broken items to sell the spat book. Take your pick. :p :(

Starbuck_II

First Post
It wouldn't be so bad if the girdle of Dragon was a feat or power bonus and the Belt was a non-typed.

That would explain why belt is higher level. That may be my first houserule for 4th.

Mengu

First Post
This seems bad. Are there reviews of this book anywhere yet? I was looking forward to more items I could drop into my game, but based on these spoilers, I might just be better off creating my own.

Crothian

First Post
This seems bad. Are there reviews of this book anywhere yet? I was looking forward to more items I could drop into my game, but based on these spoilers, I might just be better off creating my own.

I'm working on a review. In a book of this size with so many items there is going to be some that are too good, some that suck, and some that don';t make sense. Some will break the rules but it seems from my initial look through that most of the things here are pretty good.

Mezzer

First Post
You sure picked a great thread to decide if you want the book or not; a thread which is supposed to point out bad items or items that need errata.

Personally, I think the book is awesome, and well worth buying. Unlike say the MIC of ye olde 3.x days, I can see quite a few different items actually getting used, and very few that would stand out as 'must have' for any class really. A welcome change, if you ask me.

I did notice one that needed errata, but can't, for the life of me, remember which one. It had a level inconsistency in the description. :/

Remove ads