• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures of the Knights of the Silver Quill: Glacier Season

Richards

Legend
I disbelieve! I disbelieve!

Seriously, once the initial shock wears off, I'm sure I'll eventually come to realize that this is probably a good idea. A chance to set the campaign aside for a while (I'm still holding on - tightly! - to the belief that this will only be a temporary thing) may be the best for everyone involved. It will allow tempers to cool, allow others to try on the "DM hat" for awhile (and perhaps see that the job isn't as easy as it looks), and perhaps even the old "absence makes the heart grow fonder" sentiment will kick in, and you guys will be just itching to get back to your KotSQ characters and see what happens next.

And even if that doesn't happen, I know I speak for many in saying that we've certainly enjoyed reading the exploits of the Knights these past months...well done all around, guys!

Jettok - Will you be writing up a Story Hour of your new campaign? (I see Wee Jas will be taking over the Unusual Heroes campaign currently in progress.) I'm sure there are many here on the boards that would be interested in seeing how your respective campaigns unfold.

Dr. Midnight - I have to say, not only am I impressed at your DMing and storytelling skills, but also your artistic capabilities and web-page design! The Knights of the Silver Quill home page is the best campaign website I've seen, bar none! You have much to be proud of.

I just hope my stupid little song parodies didn't throw fuel onto the fire when things were starting to get heated. If they did, I apologize - no harm was intended.

Long live the Knights of the Silver Quill!

Johnathan

Breakstone

First Post
I must say, I had a great time reading about your campaign.

Also, I see how taking a bit of a break is a wise decision.

However, I must ask: Will you be writing up a story hour of the next campaign you play in?

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
wow

Well, usually I'm just content to lurker around here, but I must tell you guys, Dr. Midnight and company...I'm sad to see you go. It was an awesome story hour from the beginning and though I don't post I've been here reading everyday. I hope that things cool down and like Richards said the "abscense makes the heart grow fonder" phenomenon kicks in cuz this story hour is the one of the best. Thank you for all the effort you guys have put into it to make it what it is. I hope this break doesn't last too long :)

Aris

First Post
:(
So you are ending one of the best campaigns ever and the
Greatest Story Hour Ever.

What you going to do next...:confused:

Last edited:

Wee Jas

First Post
Richards, We all love your song parodies!
I hope they continue for adventures to come!

But since the sacking of heal for harm was illegal to begin with, who was the shafted one here?

Yeah yeah, and blue dragons don't breath cones. It was an honest mistake... Everyone else has seemed to move on from that arguement.. Take a hint.

Tsunami, I asked Ziona to write up the new Unusual Heroes.. I hope she does. I'll give bonus XP to anyone who posts in-character dialog/stories on the board. There are many people we enjoy hearing from I think I'll miss you the most scarecrow! "woah."

Last edited:

Jettok

First Post
I haven't decided to have the story posted yet for the upcoming campaign. Its one of the best things and one of the worst things Doc M. did. He is a great storyteller and artist. I could never write as well as he could but sometimes it was more about the story than it was about playing and having fun. I always looked foward to his write-up though as much as the rest of you(well except for Tsunami, he's got me beat :) ). However I believe if I could get a player to write up the story I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Dartan

First Post
Not to worry i'm sure the Knights will return...a break is good, we started the Knight's campaign June '01...and this is the first break...not too bad..besides Wee Jas's campaigns tend to be on the short side...

Ziona

First Post
You know Jettock, if I hadn't agreed to write up the Forgotten Realms, I would have written yours up. But, I have a different sort of idea for writing up the story, so we'll see how it works. Maybe Xaltar or Doc will write your story... (hint, hint) :D

And as for KotSQ, it will be missed. I enjoyed each character I played, but I think everyone is excited about the new campaign and I'm sure there will be another chance to revisit the knights in the future. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads