Advertisements for Movies, Video Games, Board Games...but not RPG's?

The Little Raven

First Post
xechnao said:
Suppose you had the money what short spot adversiment could you do on TV about D&D? Who would it be referring to and how?

That all depends on the channels you're putting them on and the demographic you're trying to reach.

Spike TV? You put a bunch of 20-something "dude-bros" playing a beer and pretzels game, with "in-game" clips making it look all badass.
Cartoon Network? You put a bunch of teens/pre-teens playing a game, with "in-game" clips all cartoony or anime-like.
Lifetime? Uhh.. I don't watch that, so I don't know how to appeal to 30-something women.

As someone else said you could do it for the minis but I do not think you could for D&D 4e. It could also be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans.

Wait.

A TV commercial, in an attempt to broaden and grow the market, could be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans? Ummm... only the fans that actively look for things to get pissed off about.

xechnao

First Post
Mourn said:
A TV commercial, in an attempt to broaden and grow the market, could be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans? Ummm... only the fans that actively look for things to get pissed off about.

We are talking about 4e D&D. Not D&D.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
With the right animation, and a good tv spot, a d&d commercial could be done. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would be effective. With the right team, I could direct a commercial that would blow d&d into mainstream fantasy again. Hay wizards ya listening?

xechnao

First Post
Mourn said:
Your claim was that D&D was too deep for TV commercials, which makes no sense considering Vampire is a far deeper game (in terms of serious content and themes) than D&D has ever been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3m67tpCAI

I believe you are misinterpreting me -perhaps I needed to be more clear. When I said deep I was not necessarily talking about deep in a kind of elitist way but rather an engaging and interactive way.

Ondo

First Post
wherwrthal said:
They have a commercial for the POKeMON card game for goodness sake.
Wizards lost the license to the Pokemon card game years ago, so they're not the ones advertising it.

Remove ads