• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Advertisements for Movies, Video Games, Board Games...but not RPG's?

The Little Raven

First Post
xechnao said:
Suppose you had the money what short spot adversiment could you do on TV about D&D? Who would it be referring to and how?

That all depends on the channels you're putting them on and the demographic you're trying to reach.

Spike TV? You put a bunch of 20-something "dude-bros" playing a beer and pretzels game, with "in-game" clips making it look all badass.
Cartoon Network? You put a bunch of teens/pre-teens playing a game, with "in-game" clips all cartoony or anime-like.
Lifetime? Uhh.. I don't watch that, so I don't know how to appeal to 30-something women.

As someone else said you could do it for the minis but I do not think you could for D&D 4e. It could also be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans.

Wait.

A TV commercial, in an attempt to broaden and grow the market, could be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans? Ummm... only the fans that actively look for things to get pissed off about.

xechnao

First Post
Mourn said:
A TV commercial, in an attempt to broaden and grow the market, could be considered a disservice to the brand's lifestyle value by fans? Ummm... only the fans that actively look for things to get pissed off about.

We are talking about 4e D&D. Not D&D.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
With the right animation, and a good tv spot, a d&d commercial could be done. It wouldn't be cheap, but it would be effective. With the right team, I could direct a commercial that would blow d&d into mainstream fantasy again. Hay wizards ya listening?

xechnao

First Post
Mourn said:
Your claim was that D&D was too deep for TV commercials, which makes no sense considering Vampire is a far deeper game (in terms of serious content and themes) than D&D has ever been.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3m67tpCAI

I believe you are misinterpreting me -perhaps I needed to be more clear. When I said deep I was not necessarily talking about deep in a kind of elitist way but rather an engaging and interactive way.

Ondo

First Post
wherwrthal said:
They have a commercial for the POKeMON card game for goodness sake.
Wizards lost the license to the Pokemon card game years ago, so they're not the ones advertising it.

Remove ads