Aeon (updated 10/9/14)

grodog

Hero
Joshua Randall said:
We know (from prior postings) that Sep is a kosher chef. Given that Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur -- two of the most important Jewish holidays -- just happened, he may have been very busy.

Although Yom Kippur is a fasting holiday. Hmm.

I've thought about calling to chat and encourage since it's been awhile, but I've been pretty swamped with RL/work stuff, and just haven't gotten around to it :/

Thanatos

Banned
Banned
Rackhir said:
Hey, he did let us know how things turned out with "Lady Despina" and much more beyond that. Much as I've enjoyed it, I'm increasingly of the opinion that it is time to stick a fork in this story hour. I think we've gotten about all we're going to get out of Sep.

Indeed he did and I am appreciative of that...and posted such.

But, it would still be nice to at least get a short summary of how it all turned out/ended, if it has ended. But the not knowing if it was all worth it...kinda sucks.

But I do find my opinion mirroring yours.

Grodog - please, give him a call :) I fully endorse that idea. heh.

And, anyone have any other suggestions for story hours to follow? I'd like to read more epic level ones.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Sep had mentioned a waning enthusiasm (for lack of a better expression?) for continuing to write the story hour. I'll miss it if it's gone for good, but I understand.

So, I propose a toast to, The Best Story Hour I've Ever Read, And Its Esteemed Author, And Its Adroit Players. If you're gone for good, I wish you fair travels wherever you go. If you ever come back, you'll always be welcome.

**Clinks glass, drinks Talisker**

Warrior Poet

Last edited:

Journeyman

First Post
He will post again.

Whatever is going on in this author's life that trumps this outlet of creativity, or wherever said creativity has wandered off to away from Wyre, I believe that too much of Sep's life, effort, zen, and ideas have gone into this outlet of personal creation for him to simply never post again.

That being said, it is with 100% optimism that i post knowing Sep will see this bump/comment and respond simply that indeed life is taking him in a different direction. That, yes, there will be a post one day to sum it all up in bullet style fashion.

I, for one, am quite appriciative of the fantastic story he has written as a result of a simple question. For this vein of ingenuity to go from simplistic to awesome grandieur to the simplistic ebbing of the flatline is fine by me.

Of course, being ever optimistic, I will take no response to be a response that his mind is eagerly formulating the summary of Wyre in this outlet. I look forward to it!

Many thanks Sep for all the creativity and good storytelling you have given. You are why I am hooked on EnWorld. You are why i got hooked on so many other story hours!

Cheers/bumpity,

J-man

Justin

Explorer
Journeyman said:
Many thanks Sep for all the creativity and good storytelling you have given. You are why I am hooked on EnWorld. You are why i got hooked on so many other story hours!Cheers/bumpity,

J-man

I have to strongly second this. I've read Sep's saga three times and I'm now on the fourth and it gets better every time. To be honest, I don't read any type of fiction any more, aside from a couple of the story hours here. I do try to occasionally find something the sci-fi/fantasy section at Borders and Amazon, but I always come up empty because Sep has completely spoiled me. IMHO, Sep and his outstanding players redefine Epic.

Dancer

Explorer
Looking for storyhour pdf

Okay, I'm looking for a compiled storyhour pdf for Sep's wonderful storyhour. So far I have not been able to locate one and would appreciate some help.

Funeris

First Post
You know, I don't think there is a compiled pdf. (Not that I know much anyway ;) )
I was actually thinking of doing one for Destan...so maybe if I get around to starting/finishing that...I'll go ahead and do Sep's as well.

~Fune

grodog

Hero
Funeris, if you join the Wyre Yahoo Group at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sepulchraves-Wyre/ you'll be able to use the .doc files there for building pdfs (although I think Cheiromancer's thread has all of the formatting done properly; my .pdfs in the Yahoo Group may not, although they contain the non-SH posts interleaved).

edit: I may also have an archive of Destan's threads, too, on my PC at home.

Last edited:

Avarice

First Post
grodog said:
Funeris, if you join the Wyre Yahoo Group at http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sepulchraves-Wyre/ you'll be able to use the .doc files there for building pdfs (although I think Cheiromancer's thread has all of the formatting done properly; my .pdfs in the Yahoo Group may not, although they contain the non-SH posts interleaved).

edit: I may also have an archive of Destan's threads, too, on my PC at home.

I'd be happy to offer my compilations as well. I've included a hyperlinked index for all but the latest entries (this thread, actually), and have sprinkled the artwork throughout. I can't vouch for the formatting, either, though. Using Cheiromancer's thread may be the way to go.

Funeris

First Post
grodog said:
Funeris, if you join the Wyre Yahoo Group...

Joined this morning. Now, I warn you all...I like to keep my plate filled, as it were. So, it might take me awhile to get around to this. But I will get around to it.

I actually have all of Destan's compilation .docs saved. So, no need to go searching for that Grodog ;)

~Fune

[EDIT]: But I'll probably try to start around Thanksgiving...when I have a little extra time :D

Last edited:

Remove ads