Against the Crimson Tide IC

silentspace

First Post
OOC: Now that Anya's been fighting this fantastic epic creature for a while, can she now tell how big the thing is (what size)? How many tentacles it has? Can she get a better description of it? How fast it's moving? What its reach is? Things like that? It might be the last thing she sees before she dies. :heh:

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Where did they come from? They were born here, raised here, lived here; they are my kinsmen, fallen as they are, and the cause of which I cannot know. When the poison first came, and the first fell ill, I warded this temple against it; that is why I have not been corrupted yet, and for that reason do they seek to rend me, for that which is not corrupted is hateful to them."
"Do you know where it comes from? What might have caused it? It's source or location?" Fairweather demands.

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
The flame and boiling steam sear into the creature's flank; from below, the beast is even more horrific, with several pairs of black eyes glaring out over beaky mouths, positioned haphazardly about the monstrosity's hide. The fire stinging it from above and below enrage it, and it plunges downwards at the nearest target: Anya. Fully half a dozen tentacles slash into her, and grip her in an unbreakable embrace. In its wake, the swarms of centipedes flail and drown.

OOC:Anya receives 192 damage, and is grappled, as her Shapechange has absorbed the ring. Damage dealt now totals

OOC: Too bad the spell doesn't call aquatic creatures in the water. The ocean is, after all, part of nature! :\

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Do you know where it comes from? What might have caused it? It's source or location?" Fairweather demands.

"Deep in the sea. It is blood, I can tell, but of what I know not. Something great indeed must have been injured, and injured grievously, to produce such."

silentspace said:
OOC: Now that Anya's been fighting this fantastic epic creature for a while, can she now tell how big the thing is (what size)? How many tentacles it has? Can she get a better description of it? How fast it's moving? What its reach is? Things like that? It might be the last thing she sees before she dies.

It's Gargantuan, has at least ten tentacles, is impressively swift (at least half again her speed in human form), and can reach at least fifteen feet from the main body. She cannot tell the actual shape of the body, which is probably best for her peace of mind.

silentspace

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
It's Gargantuan, has at least ten tentacles, is impressively swift (at least half again her speed in human form), and can reach at least fifteen feet from the main body. She cannot tell the actual shape of the body, which is probably best for her peace of mind.

Anya's mind clouds over in pain as she silently curses herself for being too stupid to stay out of the beasts range, not just once, but twice, when it seems like she could have easily avoided it. She was acting more like a melee brute, fighting up close, and not using her advantages as a spellcaster and fighting from a distance, flying out of range of the beasts tentacles. Well, it was too late to worry about that now, but if she survived, she'd have to remember to fly more than fifteen feet away from the next tentacled gargantuan beast she encountered, and bombard it from the air, from afar.

Anya's water-breathing dragon form utters a word, and she disappears from the beast's grasp.

Kira flies higher and readies another alchemist fire, which she'll drop on the beast if it resurfaces.

Sumi returns to the boat and readies her bow.

OOC:
Anya Dimension Doors up and away, several hundred feet above, and circles around in the air.
Sumi readies a four-arrow manyshot.

Anya - 219 damage. Cast Quickened Delay Blast Fireball, Quickened Finger of Death (Wiz 11), Shapechange (Wiz 9), Dimension Door (Wiz 4), and Harm (Cle 6).
Kira - Used 1 charge of wand of magic missiles (5 missiles), 2 alchemist's fires.
Sumi - Used 3 rounds of haste on her boots. Cast Miracle (Cle 9), Repulsion (Cle 7), and Harm (Cle 6)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Can you show me or tell me where it lies? I must see what it is, and if it can be healed of its wounds before it poisons the sea further. Could you draw me a map of some sort perhaps?" Fairweather asks, inwardly going from concerned to deep and profound worry. What bleeds in the depths...

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
The tentacled horror, deprived of immediate prey, returns its attention to the only target remaining; the boat. There is a tremendous spray, a crack like muffled lightning, and the entire bow of the vessel disappears beneath the waves, leaving the shattered stern to slowly fill with water and sink. Sumi is barely able to hold on, but has perhaps ten minutes, at most, before her footing is under the surface.

~

"I can aid you in searching for the source, but I have never found it myself. Any such search will, however, have to wait until we can leave this temple, and I fear I cannot elude those poor souls by my own power."

silentspace

First Post
Anya will cast Heal on herself, continuing to fly out of range of the beast's tentacles.

Kira catches a ride on Anya's back.

Sumi evacuates the surviving sailors.

OOC:
Anya casts Heal on herself, dropping Antilife Shell.
If there are seven or fewer sailors left, Sumi will cast Wind Walk and evacuate them. If there are more than seven sailors left, Sumi will open a Gate to a safe area of Elysium under her Goddess' control (I assume the Goddess is CG, and lives on Elysium?)
Also, I was wondering if you forgot Anya's cloak of major displacement?

Anya - 69 damage (healed 150). Cast Quickened Delay Blast Fireball, Quickened Finger of Death (Wiz 11), Shapechange (Wiz 9), Dimension Door (Wiz 4), Antilife Shell, Harm (Cle 6).
Kira - Used 1 charge of wand of magic missiles (5 missiles), 2 alchemist's fires.
Sumi - Used 3 rounds of haste on her boots. Cast Miracle (Cle 9), Repulsion (Cle 7), Harm (Cle 6), and either Wind Walk or Gate.

Domina shrugs in Jesper's direction. "I've eaten not to long ago, but a mug of ale would be appreciated." She glances around and finds a place to sit, leaning her weapon against the wall within arm's reach.

Remove ads