Against the Crimson Tide IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"I can aid you in searching for the source, but I have never found it myself. Any such search will, however, have to wait until we can leave this temple, and I fear I cannot elude those poor souls by my own power."
"In this form I can move swiftly in the water, faster than those poor souls. I could carry you with me," Fairweather suggests.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Sumi's spell whisks the remaining sailors out of danger, as Anya bursts out of the water and away.

OOC: There is only one plane where the gods dwell, Heaven, for future reference. I did remember the cloak, but it appeared that the creature was not fooled by it.

~

Demeter leaves, and returns with your beverages, conducting the shopkeep to a guest room.

~

"If you believe you can evade them, I am willing to try, but I fear that they will be too alert; you can outswim them, but not if they surround you."

silentspace

First Post
Anya and her companions, battered and beaten, abandon the fight and return to Reskevan. Sumi will spend the rest of the day with the surviving sailors, hopefully calming and consoling them. Anya will go to the Baron and report.

Then she will prepare for tomorrow, spending the night at the temple.

It's too bad Domina and that strange evasive fellow aren't interested in investigating the strange occurances here. Clearly the evasive one has a different agenda here, one that has nothing to do with the strange occurances. And that Domina, I wonder what her motivation is? She seems very easily distracted, that one. Oh well, if they change their minds, they know where to find me.

Her suspicions that she must go to the sea are even stronger then before now. Knowing that, she will change her spell selection.

OOC: Now that Anya has learned a bit about the situation, she will change her default spell selection and will make a more specialized one with an eye towards ocean adventures, divinations, and epic monsters with SR. She may be purchasing a few items as well (though she doesn't have much money left).

Last edited:

Ghostknight

First Post
Jesper smiles at Domina

"If you wish, I shall drink from your mug before you. I wll take no offense."

He drinks his own drink while making small talk.

"Perhaps once we are finished we should return to town? I wish to continue looking for my missing employee."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"If you believe you can evade them, I am willing to try, but I fear that they will be too alert; you can outswim them, but not if they surround you."
"Then I shall wait for the moment until they get tired of pounding on the walls. We can evade them then. Please, do you know of any legends or other things that could explain these strange happenings?" Fairweather asks.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"I know of nothing that would do this, but I can speculate. I would surmise that the blood is the cause, not a symptom, of the problem; whatever is bleeding must therefore be incredibly powerful, with the power to shape life like clay. That would suggest a god, save that I am certain you would be aware were a god to have been so sorely injured."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"I know of nothing that would do this, but I can speculate. I would surmise that the blood is the cause, not a symptom, of the problem; whatever is bleeding must therefore be incredibly powerful, with the power to shape life like clay. That would suggest a god, save that I am certain you would be aware were a god to have been so sorely injured."
"Perhaps not. If they god did not wish to be found, or her origins to be known, who's to say that she could not hide her death throes from the world at large?" Fairweather says philosophically.

Ghostknight said:
Jesper smiles at Domina

"If you wish, I shall drink from your mug before you. I wll take no offense."

He drinks his own drink while making small talk.

"Perhaps once we are finished we should return to town? I wish to continue looking for my missing employee."

Domina looks up from where she has been staring into her mug. "No, that is quite all right... I was just daydreaming, I fear. Must be getting old." She takes a hearty drink.

"I would appreciate returning to the town. Perhaps checking with Anya once she returns... something odd is going on here, in general. Although, I think that your missing employee is probably not involved in the general odd occurances I was hoping to find out about - sounds more like she got into a scrape with smugglers or somesuch. I hope you find her well. What do you plan next?"

She glances about the room. "So, tell me... where is your stronghold here located?" She asks, with the air of someone making idle conversation.

A magical doorway into a private stronghold... "A bit of trading, bit of transportation of goods and a bit of information brokering" indeed. More than a bit, I would say.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Paxus Asclepius said:
"Perhaps you are right. Either way, it bodes ill."
"Aye, that it does. Then I shall wait with you for a time. How long do you thing before they grow board with pounding on the tower?" Fairweather asks, hiding her inner unease. The wounding of a god, who could have done such a thing?

Remove ads