• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadow V - A Faded Glory Story Hour

Rate the Faded Glory Story Hour!

• This is the Greatest Story Hour Ever!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It is Among My Top 5!

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • It is Entertaining. I recommend it!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Not My Cup of Tea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Sucks! Stop this Drivel Immediately!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Lela

First Post
I now claim page 3!! (insert evil DM laugh)

WSmith said:
Old One, or Oberton, quick question. The old message board are still closed. I was trying to access the thread about the Campaign info in the "Whereabouts" section for some info from the old boards.

I remember certain races only are allowed to the players at start. I know Human and halfling, no elves, but what about the Saar and the kaizagugu or whatever the dwarves are called? :D

Also are there any classes you don't allow?

Oberton, I still love the site. Keep it up my friend. It looks great :D

I'm not sure about the races but I know he didn't allow Paladin to be taken. He considers that a PrC of some type.

Anyway, on the races, I don't think that any DM would allow only two races to start out with unless he had a darn good reason.
That said, Old One would deffinatally be one that would have a good reason up his sleeve somewhere.

Old One: WOW! I love your story. It's always amazing! I do think you should publish. Not just the campaign setting but this story itself--though it might be too late there.

You have a great talant for creation and I don't think you should deny your talants to so many who need them and, more important, are willing to PAY for them. ;) You should do something you love and something you're good at. This seems to fit. And it helps others at the same time.

Live the dream man, live the dream.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Oh, a question.

With the new boards (very shinny) are we still doing the 10-page max? I thought I saw Pkitty at 15 or 20 pages recently. Maybe I was just tired.

Corey

First Post
Re: Session 13 (Part One)

Old One said:
(Quintus failed his Listen check to hear Sextus) and good RPer that Corey is, he just waited for his meeting!)[/i]

~ Old One [/B]

Hmm...undeserved, but appreciated, credit. Actually, Jim/Rowan did say something when he left the Lusty Whale. My mind was wandering into the fog of encroaching old age and I missed it completely.

I'm going to be out of town when Old One posts the stuff from Session 14, be sure he explains why being surrounded by meat is the solution to Rose's combat problems.

Corey

Old One

First Post
FG Stuff

WSmith said:
Old One, or Oberton, quick question. The old message board are still closed. I was trying to access the thread about the Campaign info in the "Whereabouts" section for some info from the old boards.

I remember certain races only are allowed to the players at start. I know Human and halfling, no elves, but what about the Saar and the kaizagugu or whatever the dwarves are called? :D

Also are there any classes you don't allow?

Oberton, I still love the site. Keep it up my friend. It looks great :D

WSmith -

Check your e-mail!

In brief, the allowable races for beginning PCs are:
  • Humans
  • Halflings
  • Caeldyn (literally "elf-blooded" or PHB 1/2 elves)
  • Khazardyn (literally "dwarf-blooded" or 1/2 dwarves)
  • Saar

Full-blooded dwarves, elves and gnomes have faded into legend and folklore.

Also, the Paladin and Monk are pseudo-PrCs, meaning they are unavailable for beginning PCs. Both require special skills and training that must be sought out.

Hope that helps!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
(Blushing Furiously) Thanks and...

Lela said:
With the new boards (very shinny) are we still doing the 10-page max? I thought I saw Pkitty at 15 or 20 pages recently. Maybe I was just tired.

Lela -

Thanks as always for stopping in! You lavish praise above will soon have my head so big that my players will be forced to make emergency pre-game surgery to return it to normal size!

What DM doesn't secretly aspire to see his or her creation or words emblazoned in print and spread across the Barnes and Nobles landscape? Alas, RL considerations will keep that a dream for now, but who knows what may yet come;)!

I thought we were still under a 10-page limit, so I cut mine off at 10 and started a new one. I think it may actually be a 200-post limit...either that or Pkitty has special dispensation:D!

~ Old One

Old One

First Post
Re: Re: Session 13 (Part One)

Corey said:

Hmm...undeserved, but appreciated, credit. Actually, Jim/Rowan did say something when he left the Lusty Whale. My mind was wandering into the fog of encroaching old age and I missed it completely.

I'm going to be out of town when Old One posts the stuff from Session 14, be sure he explains why being surrounded by meat is the solution to Rose's combat problems.

Corey

Corey -

Duly noted! May your journey be safe!

~ Old One

Darklone

Money- the root of all evil? (shameless Kalamar add)

Question: Can't Sextus buy some more Xps for his hero points?

I do love those developments. Being a wilderness fan, I enjoy those citydwellings a lot!

About Roses combat problems... Depends if the meat consists of a dragons maw?

Old One

First Post
Re: Money- the root of all evil? (shameless Kalamar add)

Darklone said:
Question: Can't Sextus buy some more Xps for his hero points?

I do love those developments. Being a wilderness fan, I enjoy those citydwellings a lot!

About Roses combat problems... Depends if the meat consists of a dragons maw?

Darklone -

He can indeed! He was too far from 4th to do so several sessions ago and had just used a bunch to affect some rolls, so he didn't have enough.

He is now 4th level!

~ Old One

Darklone

Re: Re: Money- the root of all evil? (shameless Kalamar add)

Old One said:

Darklone -

He can indeed! He was too far from 4th to do so several sessions ago and had just used a bunch to affect some rolls, so he didn't have enough.

He is now 4th level!

~ Old One

I bet they wish they would have affected those will saves? *evil DM cackle*

Remove ads