• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Slavers A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity

Halivar

First Post
After Capt. Jack hands the relevant forgeries to the rotund human, the "customs agent" meticulously examines them... upside down. At varying intervals he mutters things like, "yes, yes," and "that's right," and "that seems t' be 'n good order." It's quite apparent the oaf cannot read.

After Capt. Jack's outburst concerning the goblin's thievery, the human recoils, "Wot!?!" The half-orc grunts with a look that seems to indicate you all have gone completely mad. He rests his hand on the hilt of the club at his waist.

The human lightly pats the half-orc, "Now, now, Gruk. Obv'usly 'dis gent'lman is quite unaware o' d' grievous insult 'e done t' us. Queshuning our integrality is quite out of order, capeetan. Dese 'ere gobleens 's d' fairest lot you'll find, dat's a fact!" The half-orc grunts in agreement.

Finally the half-orc speaks, in a low, gutteral growl, but with much better diction than the human, "Captain, you can always opt for the 'fast track' inspection, but it costs a premium fee." The human nods his head vigorously.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Marcon walks up wordlessly to the gangplank, planting his feet soundly to the ground, making the distinctive thump of metal on wood. Let's see how the captain deals with fellow scum, he thinks smugly. I wonder what exactly is going on here. Are these just impostors of any inspectors? Are there any real inspectors to begin with? Why are they pushing us to smite them all?

No one gets off this boat, except by swimming. Any questions? The cleric asks this matter-of-factly, but places his hand on his sword, ready to draw.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Orbril gulps and steps back unable to shaking of the feeling that everybody on this ship is insane and he the craziest for joining the expedition!

Especially once the priest blocks off the plank and threatens the 'inspection crew'.

Instinctively pulling his whistle to his lips he begins playing a soothing tune design to fascinate the insepctors even while he finds somewhere to hide!

(ooc Perform +9 follow by Hide check +9)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Orbril BUMPS into a barrel - which might just make a good place to hide until this is resolved

(ooc anyone seen Halivar?)

Halivar

First Post
[OOC: Right here, Tonguez, just wanted to give it a few days in case anyone else wanted to chime in. Can't have party policy dtermined by Bob and Hammerhead alone, now can we?
wink.gif
]

Orbril, you put on a fine performance, but unfortunately the big guy in full-plate has everybody's attention right now.

Marcon, all the goblins sort of stare at you as if you have gone completely out of your mind. The half-orc does not hesitate. He reaches for his weapon...

When all of a sudden a goblin bursts up from belowdecks. "No cargo! Buyers! No cargo! Buyers!" The other nine goblins, with their hands full, drop whatever they're carrying in unison. The lifeboat is now upside-down covering one unfortunate goblin who didn't get out from under it in time.

The half-orc winces and the human goes googly-eyed. "I see..." he says, "...umm... Gruk, I do believe we's late fer another appointment, ain't us?"

The half-orc grunts in agreement. "I think we should defin... def... we should really think about a fast-track inspection."

The human nods, "Right! Inspection crew! Fast-track inspection!" The goblins stand rooted where they are, glancing up, down, left and right [OOC: sort of Terrence n' Philip style].

"No contraband here!" cries one, followed by another, until be becomes another annoying goblin chorus.

The human shushes them. He takes off his hat, and bowing his head (which Gruk does also), he says, "By d' power invested 'n me by d' state o' Pomarj, I pronounce dis ship free o' contraband. Amen."

"Amen," repeats the half-orc, followed by the equally pious goblins.

The human addresses Capt. Jack, "Well, all d' form's 're followed, 'ere's yer documents. 'Ave ye' a gran' time 'n Highport." He grins toothily and turns to leave the ship, followed by the scurrying goblins.

That's when they see that Marcon is still standing fast at the gangplank.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Marcon graciously steps aside, letting the pirates pass. I figured that taking a hard line with these cut throats would let us pass. If we would have given up easily, they would have sensed blood in the water like the sharks they are.

Watching the pirates leave, he strides up to the Captain. The goblin's mad gibbering has given me an idea. Why not pose as potential slave buyers and thus find our way to the true heart of this slaving operation, he asks softly, in case certain pirates are still in earshot.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Thellys looks to the Captain, "Sir, you know this city, were would be a good place to conclude our business? Or at least gather information." ~Socrates follow those scum and make sure they are running scared and not gathering more troops.~

"Filthly creatures," Feinar mumbles under his breath before moving over to the others. Hearing Marcon's comment, he shivers but eventually nods, "Though I despise that, good sir, I believe it may be the best way to do things..."

Remove ads