• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Slavers A1: Slave Pits of the Undercity

Halivar

First Post
Capt. Jack:
As a slave-ship captain, you mostly never dealt with the actual purchase (merchants who hire you normally do this). But you do remember one merchant mentioning that he arranged his purchases by secret meeting at the Salty Wench, one of the more reputable inns in this very disreputable town. If you want, you can lead your friends there. It's steep, though: a gold a night per person.

Marcon, Thellys, Tarasin:
Capt. Jack knows more than he is letting on. Does he have something to hide?

ferretguy

First Post
I would figure for myself, the persona of one who is running from the law would fit in quite well here. And while I agree that it would be safer to stay on board ship for the night, that would also show a sign of weakness to this city, I say we go and find and inn and start fresh in the morning seeking out this black market. Tarasin sits back and sips at his drink.

Bob Aberton

First Post
"If we're stayin' ashore, then, might I suggest the Salty Wench? It's probably one of the most reputable inns you'll find around here - not that that's sayin' much, of course. I have heard that certain shady deals, deals perhaps involving live cargo, if y' catch my drift, to be carried on there. It's steep, though, a gold piece a night - an' you've got bring your own concealed weapons."

Captain Jack's steward refills his glass, and he raises it in toast.

"Gentlemen, to the slavers - long may they rot in Hell!"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Salty wench" Orbril salivates at the erotic potential of such an establishment but then is quick to control his urges and remember their common mission
"well inns are sommit I can relate to" he continues "an' a golds a fair investment for the sake of me Gran.

As for concealing me weapons - not a problem" he says as he checks the darts up his sleeve, the knife in his boot and the tanglefootbags and flasks inside his coat.

Feinar sits quiet a moment, then looks to the greatsword and the longbow on his back. He pauses, then looks back to the rest of the group and holds a wry grin, "Something tells me concealing these would be a problem..."

Halivar

First Post
Capt. Jack:
Everybody carries a weapon here in Highport.

Thellys:
Socrates sees that the group is still on the dock, but one goblin has left the rest of the group, to head into town. Perhaps the slavers will be waiting for you at the Salty Wench?

Anytime you guys want to head to town, just let me know.

Last edited:

Remove ads