• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of the Gods Q&A

BSF

Explorer
OK, I think we will be good to go with Dave's PC and probably Melinda's PC this week. Mike is still trying to finish stuff up, but he doesn't think he will have anything else emailed to me until Wednesday sometime.

I have a couple of vague ideas from everyone else, but I really don't have much more time I can set aside for working on PCs this week. I am trying to set aside a little time on Thursday so I can finish off with Mike before Friday night. But it is possible that time will evaporate.

I will be trying to continue the narrative for the PCs I do have and then I will plan out the first adventure. I may have an opening for somebody to play an NPC or two in that adventure. Primarily in an adversarial role. If you won't be able to get your PC in to be approved, you can email me with an interest in trying to play an adversary. If I have an available place for an adversary, I will go through my email and the first person who emailed will be top of the list for options.

Allow me to reiterate from the other thread.
BardStephenFox said:
All PCs must be approved and finalized before you can begin play. Creating a higher level PC is complicated. Choosing non-standard races and using LA makes this process even more complicated. If you wish to speed up my approval process, I encourage you to break out your PC HD by HD to show exactly how you created the character. If you want help with the character, please email me and let me know. The process can be complicated. The PC creation process should begin with you emailing me your idea for a PC. Once your idea is approved, you will also need to write a narration on your volunteering and introduction so I can integrate it into the overall narration.

When I am working on helping with PCs, I am starting with the folks that have the most concrete proposal first. As I have said, I am much more concerned with the RP considerations of the PC than with the mechanical considerations. I know some of you are looking at the mechanics first, but I won't be approving any character that doesn't have a strong, solid background.

Meowzebub

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
OK, I think we will be good to go with Dave's PC and probably Melinda's PC this week. QUOTE]

Yea! I was saddened that Melinda was not playing last week with the main group. Glad to see she will get some table time with this incarnation. :D

Meowzebub

First Post
I will try to get you final stats and skills today or tomorrow.

For equipment, do I follow the DMG pricing guidelines. I know you mentioned an Artificer source, but I do not have that. Any affordable item available?

BSF

Explorer
Meowzebub said:
I will try to get you final stats and skills today or tomorrow.

For equipment, do I follow the DMG pricing guidelines. I know you mentioned an Artificer source, but I do not have that. Any affordable item available?

Straight items out of the DMG should be good. Though I would encourage you to create more of a wishlist than fully shopping for items. Once you know the nature of the threats you will initially be dealing with, you will be better positioned to 'go shopping'.

I would also suggest using a spreadsheet to track everything. Unfortunately I don't have an easy system to reduce the bookkeeping associated with equipment.

I don't know if anybody is looking at a Wizard PC. If you are, remember that you need to pay for spells in your spellbook beyond the basic 2/level. Since a Wizard's greatest strength is flexibility of spells, your spellbook can become a significant investment.

If you are looking at items from other sources, you need to let me know ahead of time. Many things are balanced well. But there are a few that are just out there.

The question of crafting items has come up. If you want to use feats on item creation, that is your perogative. You can 'create' items that you qualify for at reduced cost, but you must also figure in the exp costs. Which means you will be at least 1 level lower than the rest of the group.

Tormal

First Post
Just sent my background to you dave and I have a couple of ideas for mechanics but I haven't done any stating with the character yet. My only question is about the player pack we used before. Can we still use that -2 points for an item for the character?

BSF

Explorer
Nope. Perks don't count for the Agents of the Gods. If there is something you want, make it a purchase of your general equipment.

Eeralai

First Post
Meowzebub said:
Yea! I was saddened that Melinda was not playing last week with the main group. Glad to see she will get some table time with this incarnation. :D

Thanks Dave! I don't have much time for role playing, but this story sounded like too much fun to miss. I'm just hoping Tamara goes to sleep as easily Friday night as she did tonight. :uhoh:

Tormal

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Nope. Perks don't count for the Agents of the Gods. If there is something you want, make it a purchase of your general equipment.

Oh, Ok. Then disregard that part of the email I just sent to you. I hadn't read the thread yet! :)

Tormal

First Post
This is more of a general DND question that may apply to my character :). If using the swashbuckler ability Insightfull strike would that apply to an off-hand weapon?

Remove ads