• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of the Gods Q&A

BSF

Explorer
Agents of the Gods
This week is an Agents of the Gods session. I should probably put together a quick narrative of what happened after last session and what the goal for the next session will be. That might make it easier for you guys to plan.

Right now I still only have Clover, Marius and Xileph ready to go and approved. Though I would like to get some narrative from both Clover and Marius to integrate their background.

Chris and Mike both have sent in ideas with backgrounds. I am waiting for revisions and/or finalized concepts and backstories to approve so they can join in. I don't even have concepts from anybody else. It is going to be a busy week workwise for me. Hopefully I can squeeze in another hour or so of time to work with any of you on characters, but I might not be able to.

I also have not seen a log for the first session. Just a reminder:
Campaign Mechanics
BardStephenFox said:
I expect that the group playing the Agents of the Gods will rotate logging duties. This mini-campaign begins roughly 300 years after the end of the previous campaign. It will span approximately 700 years of time. This is setting part of the history of the campaign world, as seen through angelic eyes. As such, I will require good logging of each session. No session log means no experience for the PCs.
I don't know who was supposed to write up the log, but without it being posted before Friday, there is no experience awarded.

Remember, for this campaign the storytelling and immersion is what I want to be important. Success and failure both have interesting options, but these characters are acting as extensions of the gods. I am looking for hard core role-playing with kick-ass combats as a secondary concern.

Meowzebub

First Post
I started a narative that can probably fill in for the log. Hope to finish it by Weds, so Clover and Marius can add anything that I miss.

Macbeth

First Post
Soulmelds are the pure essence of souls, unborn, living, and dead. I kbnow it's wacky, and I'm not even sure if I'll get to play in the game, but it was hella fun to make.

Soulmelds are not literally single souls, just the energy of souls. Madoc thinks of them as those he's 'earned' but in actuallity, they're just soul energy.

And Madoc would actually be limited to Good-aligned soulmelds, since Incarnates are basically Incarnum-style clerics.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Narrative on what exactly? Did you want me to work my background a bit more into the current time frame? Because i've done that already I just haven't finalized or posted it yet. :)

Eeralai

First Post
I will do the log for this coming session if you can post the log for last time, Dave. I will also post some stuff on Clover around Wednesday. Her background is kinda crazy, so I will have to figure out what is useable for a post. :eek:

BSF

Explorer
Up way too late working on other things, but oh well.

Just to give you guys a quick breakdown of what is going to happen this week.

It has been about 50 years since your last foray onto the material plane. There is a lot of research being done and the occasional messenger coming in with news. There has been a major battle in the recent past. Much of your time is spent preparing for the next mission. But it isn't unlike your previous duties. You just don't have as many minor conflicts with evil beings.

On the material plane there is a necropolis where the Hammer of Dul Mannul was once kept. Four centuries ago, a group of mortal heroes freed it while trying to recover a sliver from Pter's Hammer. The Hammer was kept in a chamber deep beneath a church of Pter. a few of the scholars have theorized that if the pedastal the Hammer rested on could be retrieved, it might be able to be turned into a device that could locate the Hammer. It's a long shot, but it is worth a try.

The necropolis was held by a lich. There is no record of the lich having been destroyed, so it is possible the lich is still there. By now, it must surely be close to disintegrating, but it could still pose a threat to the Agents, and espeically to the mortals.

There is also a library to Belmay where one of her priests was tortured and soulbound to the place. Since his soul has not been taken, there is hope he could be released and finally seek his final rest.

The church that safeguarded the Hammer of Dol Mannul was a holy place and well loved by Pter. Since the sliver was removed, the church has been desecrated and turned to evil purposes.

Your goals are as follows:
  • Secure the pedestal the Hammer of Dol Mannul rested upon fpor several centuries.
  • If a lich still rules the necropolis, try to destroy it.
  • Free the soul of the tortured priest in Belmay's temple if you are able.
  • Destroy or cleanse the desecrated church of Pter.

Remember that you have 49,000 total exp to spend until you next level. Keep track of what you have already spent so you know if you have any additional equipment you wish to purchase before departing on the next mission.

Eeralai

First Post
I had a hard time last month coming up with a background for Clover. For whatever reason, I was really obtuse over needing a reason for Lune to want Clover as part of the team. I wrote three little stories that were nice, but not at all what David was looking for. This is none of them :)

I am Clover, sweet and adored by all. All but evil. I love beauty. Shafts of light beaming through a copse of trees shoot sparks through my heart. Water falling over rocks and bubbling up at the bottom makes my soul over flow. And the sound of a dryad whispering through the leaves of her tree as if she were a gentle breeze lifts my body to heaven. Oh wait, I'm already in heaven!

Beauty is good. It is impossible to be good and be ugly. Even the most knotted tree full of crags and crevices has its own complicated beauty.

It is impossible to be evil and be beautful. Of course, devils try to be beautiful. The Lord of Deception is particularly good at obtaining false beauty. But when you look through the glamour and into its soul, the grotesque mass of congealed sins is the reality.

Perhaps it is my silver glow that makes me think so much of beauty. I am a Wilderly, and my people always look like silver surrounding a cloud as the sun shines through it after a rain. We have not always been so. My ancestors were regular mortals until a colossal bear sent by Lune strode through their midst and crushed a lich that was about to destroy them. At first they worshiped the woman who was the bear. But then they realized that Lune was the greater power behind her. So devoted were they, their souls would pass through the waiting world after death and straight into Lune's realm. He marked them with silver as they passed into his realm. They developed unique abilities that were passed onto their decendants, along with their silver sheen. It is our privledge to fight in the great battles between good and evil.

I think I am an accidental hero. At least at first I was. I was sent to guard part of the border of Lune's realm with some of my people. There were rumors that some demons would be attacking the area. I had every intention of staying with my group, but a copse of dryads were singing so playfully, that I had to go and watch the party. They spun their simple but intricate dances, but before I was fully mezmorized, I spied a large red demon set to jump out of a tree. I shiver to think what he might have done to them, had I not been there. He almost won, but my sheer hate for evil drove me to furious fighting, and I was victorious in the end.

It seemed to happen frequently to me. I would be distracted from my duty at one place and end up saving the inhabitants of another place. Now when I am sent on a mission, I look around for the loveliest spot nearby and know that is what will be attacked. I think demons and devils are inately drawn to beauty to destroy it. Perhaps they think it is weakest, or perhaps it is as much an abomination to them as evil is to me.

The Wilderly border patrol are now well versed in my method of attack and do well. I am honored and surprised that Lune has chosen me for this squad. But I think my accidentalness must be part of the appeal :)

Last edited:

Eeralai

First Post
Meowzebub said:
I started a narative that can probably fill in for the log. Hope to finish it by Weds, so Clover and Marius can add anything that I miss.

Hey Dave! Were you still going to do this? I have time today during nap time to do a log if you are busy. I don't want to miss out on experience points, but I don't want to post something if you've got it covered. Let me know. Either way, I am still happy to take notes at tonights session.

Meowzebub

First Post
I just emailed you back, but just i case. Yes please post what you can. Mine was not finished last night, so experience would not be available for tonight :( . I still plan on posting Xileph's view of things, but just not by tonight.

Eeralai

First Post
Whoo Hoo! Just got reassigned from the battles with evil on the borders to be in a new secret, agents of the Gods group. Celebrated all night with Honey and the nearby dryads. Will miss her terribly, but hopefully will get to visit her.

This new world is fantastic. It was designed by the Gods of good, and the gods of evil do not know about it. Tholnar has built a splendid home for us, repleat with an enourmous library. We even have people doing research for us! Of course, I will forever be tempted to walk around the land here instead of doing the research I need.

Speaking of land, it appears this land has a spirit. She is divine in looks and words. She was a little upset that no one invited her for the choosing of our group. She has demanded to be named. Must think of something suitable for her, evocotive of what she's like. My partners appear to be fairly pedantic in word, so it will be up to me to capture her essence. Maybe Idlewild. Yes, I think that will do.

Set off on our first mission. Land did not open the gates for us until we had named her. I declared her Idlewild, which seemed to please her since the gates opened. My partners and I are unique to each other. One has large white wings and is able to fly through the sky. He honors his Goddess with the chaotic way he swoops and soars. The other partner is large and furry. He hates it when I say that and keeps demanding that he is wooly. Seems a bit uptight and must find a suitable dryad that is into furriness to help relax him.

Had to sail across a lake to get to a vile mortal place. Poor people had been captured from their homes and towns and drug off to be enslaved or sacrificed to who we are pretty sure is the Lord of Deception. Found some goblins carrying two mortals to their post. I killed them, of course and freed the people. My partners tried to help, but the large one is possibly a little too large for his weapon? Anyway, I felled the most and did it in the name of Lune and to purge the mortal realm of ugliness.

We found a deserted town for the people to hide out in. I think they were scared of the furry one, or maybe of the winged one. It couldn't possibly have been me because my silver sheen is so beautiful to behold. Then we went on our way to the goblin outpost. The furry one, or Xileph, as he calls himself, insisted that he was better at hiding then me. Imagine that! Some 10 foot fuzzy fellow thinks he won't be seen crossing a plain. The guards must've been blind because he managed to make it there. I was allowed to come after that and we slayed the goblins and a devil. I still slayed the most, and though I am the smallest one, was somehow able to breakdown the doors that were locked.

They had been sacrificing the people in a most hideous way, and I cried for the souls that were lost to Deception. We tried to sort out the rest of the people and set them back up in towns, but so many had been raided there was really only enough people to make one new town. Must remember to take mortal food with us on the next excursion. These people were starving and we didn't have anything for them. I gave them blessings from Lune and told them belief in Him could better their lives. Hope they're okay.

Remove ads