• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Agents of the Gods Q&A

Meowzebub

First Post
Quite the opposite! That was great. Love the simple, self-assured manner.

Mine was a much more drawn out recital. You summed it up well.

BSF

Explorer
Meowzebub said:
I just emailed you back, but just i case. Yes please post what you can. Mine was not finished last night, so experience would not be available for tonight :( . I still plan on posting Xileph's view of things, but just not by tonight.

Let me be specific. If the logs aren't posted in time, there is no experience awarded at all. Admittedly, that would make it easy for me. But I think you guys want to improve.

It is my heavy-handed method of trying to establish the campaign as a continuiing story.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
Here's a little of Marius's mind on the situation and a little about how he got there. This isn't out of the background though.

For me it was simple. I had, after all, done it before. Wresting an item from a fiend or even a god would be simple. Evil is weak and simple to destroy and therefore any part I play against evil is clear. If one truly thought about it, all you had to do is think much like a good portion of evil's slaves do. Not about what they desire or wish to become but rather they way they wish to pursue that. Evil and its pawns, the fiends and gods that wish to play some significant part in it's (evil's) act, are stupid. Well most of them. If you think about it all they really do is what you expect them too. They corrupt everything you don't want them to and they attack and destroy what you expect them to. They are predictable and that's their flaw. But that's also the problem.

See, this lord of Madness is clever. He's unpredictable; you can't tell what his next move is. Were this some mortal game he would dominate the field. There is no order or organization to his plans or movements. It's all an illusion and lacks serious order. It's all action and reaction. In part I feel drawn to this. Perhaps this is a good part of the reason I volunteered for this position. I find this lord of madness disgusting. His actions and desires sicken me. Yet his means of bringing about his desires intrigue me. If the rest of the forces of light could harness this technique.... if they could just learn to be purely unpredictable - it would prove to be in their favor. Because if you can't expect anything and yet, at the same time, expect everything from one's forces you cannot plan around it. You cannot defend your interests adequately.

A perfect example of this would be Tholnar. I respect him and his followers yet I pity them. When it comes to combat they are far too ordered and predictable. You can expect his armies to march in formation to their one destination, in the same formation and under the same circumstance nearly every time. Now I must say I have seen this work out for them many times. On the same note I’ve seen it be their undoing. They blatantly walk into traps and ambushes simply to keep their 'order' and 'organization'. Why give you're enemy the advantage of knowing where you are? Why give the enemy the advantage of knowing that their enemy is in one place? Why use the same plan and tactics for numerous battles at a time? Why put all of your eggs in one basket?

In any case it doesn't matter. Evelyn has chosen me for this task and I can only hope i can bring some sort of justice out of it. If we can succeed at this task we will have saved many good lives. Life...

I guess I'm lucky to be where I am and at the same time I feel meant for this position. I've been training since my birth... I think that's what it’s called. You know... when I'm created? Yes, I do have a mortal mother. I'm what's called half-human and half-angel. And this is why I’m lucky to be here. Many of the others - the pure bloods and true immortals are far stronger then I. Even if they don't have a known name their ability is greater then mine. But because my father brought me to Evelyn I have spent every drop of time training for just this. And that's why I’m meant for this position. I have taken part in numerous battles under Evelyn's flag (not that we really ever had one in the battles *I* was in... that would be stupid), and even retrieved an item from a demon lord of great power without direct assistance from my peers. This isn't because of my natural ability or anything else but my dedication to the fight against evil. While I greatly anticipate stealing the dreadful hammer from the lord of madness I also wish to learn from this experience if only to better my skills at destroying evil's forces.

Eeralai

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
Let me be specific. If the logs aren't posted in time, there is no experience awarded at all. Admittedly, that would make it easy for me. But I think you guys want to improve.

It is my heavy-handed method of trying to establish the campaign as a continuiing story.

I was worried about that :) I realized maybe we should post these in a different thread. Later, I will repost mine.

BSF

Explorer
Ultimately the logs should be in the Agents of the Gods thread as a continuing story. I expect it will be a rough read, but when were are done, we could try to clean it up and make it flow a little smoother.

Fists.o.Fury

First Post
BSF, I was wondering if you had control of what posts are displayed in the main forum because I want to reference the thread for the Agent's campaign in which you did the intro. If you can, please make that viewable. If you can't well... then i'll either try and figure out what's wrong or deal with it! :) Thanks.

Remove ads