AGOT - Winter is Coming - Solo

Starman

Adventurer
Widowmaker said:
How are things going so far? Any recommendations, suggestions, gripes, compalints or anything like that?

I guess I never did answer your question.

Everything has been good so far. I'm enjoying it.

Widowmaker

First Post
I was looking over your character once again. In the current setting where politics, diplomacy, and other social skills are more role played, rather than roll played. I am taking into consideration your skill level in these areas.

I am not making rolls becuase I don't feel they are appropriate. I don't want you to feel that you wasted skill points in areas and are not seeing any results.

I take into effect the wording of your reply/answers, the tone you set with the reply, and your characters skill level. From there I determine the results of the Charisma based skills.

If this is problem please let me know.

From the last post you can see I made a roll, I think the first in this game. The more physical skills I will start to do that and show you the results. Before I was just using the above guidelines and may have been cheating you out of luck.

While it is possible to have bad luck. On a spot check you can miss something, there is to much to take in. But when it comes to the social situations, i doubt you are going to purposely make a social mistake.

Starman

Adventurer
Hmmm....it's a tough call. I think the best way to handle it most of the time, is probably as you have done, just looking at my skill levels and taking those into consideration (basically taking 10 all of the time). However, in very tense situations (say when I am in front of the king) I can see a roll being appropriate. In a situation like that, I am very nervous or tense or angry or whatever and I might make a mistake or do brilliantly in spite of all of that.

Starman

Adventurer
Just out of morbid curiousity, what exactly do I know about Viserys' combat prowess? I just don't want to walk around assuming that he doesn't know the sharp end of a sword from his ass when he's actually a well-known warrior or something.

Widowmaker

First Post
He knows the sharp end of a sword, but whether or not he can put the sword in the right spot is another matter. Of course the last time you fought him you wallopped him and gave him a number of bruises. Something no else dared do to him, becuase they were afraid he or the King might retaliate.

Starman

Adventurer
gaston.jpg

"I am the best!"

Starman

Adventurer
I can't believe you'd say that about Gaston. That's just not right. Look at him.

gaston.gif

That's a man's man right there. Certainly not a punk. You're lucky he's not here. He'd call you out and stomp on you for awhile.

Starman

Adventurer
Sorry I haven't got a post up. I've had trouble thinking of exactly what I want to do and say. I'll get something up in the next couple of days, though.

Remove ads