Explorer
Ahrianna, Goddess of Delirium
Mother of Monsters, Daugher of Madness, Clarity

Enworldian Demigod
Symbol: Eight eyes in two lines of four on a field of purple
Home Plane: Outer Plane of Chaotic Evil
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Portfolio: madness, insanity, aberrations, enlightenment
Worshippers: Aberrations, madmen, those seeking enlightenment by pushing mental boundaries
Cleric Alignments: CE, CN, NE
Domains: Chaos, Madness, Mind
Favored Weapon: Flail

Ahrianna is one of the Seven Sisters.

As daughter of Halor, Ahrianna is tainted by the Chaos he embodies. Her birth was particularily difficult on her mother and as such she has always been treated as the black sheep of the family. Twisted as she is Ahrianna embodies insanity. Those who worship her are either insane themselves or seek to play with madness in order to find clarity and enlightenment. The dogma of many who follow her is, "Only through madness can one find true purpose.".

From Ahrianna many of the strangest creatures in EnWorld have flowed. She has given birth to a number of different aberrations including the rust monster, the gibbering mouther, the otyugh, and most notorious to those who've encountered them, the beholder. As Mother of Monsters, her children have been a bane to both the lives of Enworldians and their sanity.

Rituals preformed by the Cult of Eyes are scenes of pure chaos and bedlam, with a howling orgiastic high priestess leading a congregation in foul rites that cause her holy symbol to glow with an eerie yellow mist, that sweeps out and engulfs them all, causing tentacles, eyestalks, warts, and slime to sprout across the celebrants bodies, as they twist into maddened beasts from out of a nightmare.

Note: The spell random action in the Madness Domain has since been changed to lesser confusion, as the former does not exist.

Code:
Not Voted in (only 2 yes votes and 1 abstain)
[size=4]Ahrianna's Kiss[/size] [General]

Those select few touched by Ahrianna's dark caress are able to see things more clearly, having stepped beyond the normal bounds imposed by frail mortal minds.

[B]Prerequisites:[/B] Access to the Madness domain, Base Will Save +5

[B]Benefit:[/B] You may use the Madness domain special ability one additional time per day.

[b]Normal:[/b] Once per day, the character can see and act with the clarity of true madness. Use the character’s Insanity score as a positive rather than a negative modifier on a single roll involving Wisdom. Choose to use this power before the roll is made.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
I think you mean daughtor of Halor ;)

I'd thought she might be the daughter of the evil blood god, and perhaps she was driven insane trying to find her in the laberynth, sending odd monsterous creations to find her (Just brainstorming)

Overall, I like it though :) I'm trying to think of a potential 4th domain.

Erekose13

Explorer
I thought Demigods only got three. I'll think on it. There was one I wanted to add, but I forget what it was (Evil? Destruction? lemme think on it).

Halor? Hathor? same difference! (/jk will fix :))

El Jefe

First Post
Erekose13 said:
From Ahrianna many of the strangest creatures in EnWorld have flowed. She has given birth to a number of different aberrations including the rust monster, the gibbering mouther, the otyugh, and most notorious to those who've encountered them, the aboleth.
How about substituting beholder for aboleth? Aboleth's have this racial memory thing going where they think they're older than the gods, at least all the ones that other races worship. And beholders are definitely bonkers; sane beholders stand out from from their kin.

Rystil Arden

First Post
El Jefe said:
How about substituting beholder for aboleth? Aboleth's have this racial memory thing going where they think they're older than the gods, at least all the ones that other races worship. And beholders are definitely bonkers; sane beholders stand out from from their kin.
Beholders would be quite funny and a good fit. What with their whole 'I'm the only perfect beholder and all others are mutants' mentality. Heck, their Great Mother worship could be merely an aspect of Ahrianna. One problem--aren't they non-SRD?

BTW, on a side note, if I was a Judge, I would vote no on any goddess of delerium out of principle. I like Ahrianna, though, and changing her to a goddess of delirium would convince me to change my mind :D

El Jefe

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Beholders would be quite funny and a good fit. One problem--aren't they non-SRD?
Yeah, but so are mind flayers, and I'm pretty sure both will be found somewhere in LEW.

I'd substitute gibbering mouthers, but he already has that listed. #&@%!

Erekose13

Explorer
ooh i like beholders. Yes I had ment to stay away from mind flayers because they are non-SRD. But heck I think we can get away with Beholders in here :)

but whats wrong with delerium i like there music.

Though i will change her to what I had actually meant with delirium.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
ooh i like beholders. Yes I had ment to stay away from mind flayers because they are non-SRD. But heck I think we can get away with Beholders in here :)

but whats wrong with delerium i like there music.

Though i will change her to what I had actually meant with delirium.
Oh, I knew they existed, but it is highly inappropriate for a goddess in a fantasy RPG to have her portfolio be over a RL band, right? :p

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Oh, I knew they existed, but it is highly inappropriate for a goddess in a fantasy RPG to have her portfolio be over a RL band, right? :p
I've had people sing Metallica's Wherever I may Roam in an RP only online game. I wasn't happy, but they said it wasn't unreasonable lyricly.

Remove ads