Ahrianna, Goddess of Delirium

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I've had people sing Metallica's Wherever I may Roam in an RP only online game. I wasn't happy, but they said it wasn't unreasonable lyricly.
I wouldn't have allowed it, more based on the music genre than the words. Now, if they put those words to a lilting troubadour tune or something, I think I would allow it out of creativity :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I wouldn't have allowed it, more based on the music genre than the words. Now, if they put those words to a lilting troubadour tune or something, I think I would allow it out of creativity :D
It was a text based MMORGP. I pondered reporting it, but it wasn't worth it, and at least he didn't take credit for writing it.

Erekose13

Explorer
nah being god of a band would be amusing lol. changed :)

it needs something more though. perhaps a description of drug induced cult practices and how her holy symbol plays into her cults.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Erekose13 said:
nah being god of a band would be amusing lol. changed :)

it needs something more though. perhaps a description of drug induced cult practices and how her holy symbol plays into her cults.
That could be cool. Imagine a scene of pure chaos and bedlam, with a howling orgiastic high priestess leading a congregation in foul rites that cause her holy symbol to glow with an eerie yellow mist, that sweeps out and engulfs them all, causing tentacles, eyestalks, warts, and slime to sprout across the celebrants bodies, as they twist into maddened beasts from out of a nightmare.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Love the goddess. It's great.

Would this possibly mean that devotees and those who seek her favor might be twisted into new monsters themselves? Imagine a recurring villain who leaves a person and returns an abomination...

I could see a new PrC with the end goal of becoming an aberration. It wouldn't have to be necessarily the alienist, either.

Erekose13

Explorer
oooh Aberration PrC. Hmm will think more on it :) I'd even have a chance to playtest it soon too cause my f2f group is going on a rather lengthy adaptation of the City of the Spider Queen, except replace all drow with aberrant followers of the Daelkyr.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
I threw together an Aberration PrC. It definitely still needs some work, but it should at least start to get the creative juices flowing...

Ahrianna’s Child

Ahrianna is the deity of monsters, madness, and enlightenment. There are few who would willingly seek her out, most considering them insane or fools. They usually are. Yet for some, the allure of power that comes from denying one’s mind and body for Ahrianna’s secrets is so great, that they willingly accept her terrible embrace.

Ahrianna’s Children are those few who accept full devotion to Ahrianna, at the expense of their own sense of self. Their minds and bodies warp, fragment, and are reforged anew in horrible, unseemly ways. Most of Ahrianna’s Children shun civilization, as civilization could never allow such an abomination to be in their midst. It suits them just fine. Most of Ahrianna’s Children are clerics of Ahrianna. An occasional wizard or bard may be drawn to study the unnatural, and join Ahrianna out of mere curiosity. Deep-delving rangers may also find the call of a new form too powerful to resist.

Hit Die: d8

Requirements
To qualify to become Ahrianna’s Child, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Race: any non-aberration.
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, or Knowledge (dungeoneering) 8 ranks.
Spellcasting: Ability to cast divine spells.
Special: The character must worship Ahrianna, contact her, and offer himself or herself completely to her service through a secret, maddening ritual that breaks the character’s mind, in order to accept Ahrianna’s indwelling.

Class Skills:
The class skills for Ahrianna’s Child are Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disguise, Jump, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Tumble.
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int Modifier.
Code:
[B]Level	BAB	Fort	Ref	Will	Special					Spells[/B]
1st	+0	+0	+0	+2	Madness, Gifted		
2nd	+1	+0	+0	+3	Honing				+1 level of divine
3rd	+2	+1	+1	+3	Special Quality
4th	+3	+1	+1	+4	Newfound Power			+1 level of divine
5th	+3	+1	+1	+4	Enlightened Development
6th	+4	+2	+2	+5	Special Quality			+1 level of divine
7th	+5	+2	+2	+5	Grand Warping
8th	+6	+2	+2	+6	Newfound Power			+1 level of divine
9th	+6	+3	+3	+6	Special Quality
10th	+7	+3	+3	+7	Rebirth				+1 level of divine

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Ahrianna’s Children gain no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Spells per Day: On each even class level, Ahrianna’s Children gain spells as if they raised a level in a divine spellcasting class they have. If the character has more than one divine spellcasting class, one class must be chosen. The character gains no more benefits of the other class.

Madness: Ahrianna’s Children all gain the power of the Madness domain, if they do not already have it. Add the levels of Ahrianna’s Child to any previous levels of a cleric with the Madness domain to determine the Madness score for the character.

Gifted: The first changes take place once the path of Ahrianna’s Child is chosen. Choose one ability and any two skills. The character gains a +2 racial modifier to the ability and a +2 racial bonus to these skills. There is a minor physical change associated with this bonus; a bonus to Spot might manifest itself with larger eyes, and a bonus to Sleight of Hand may result in longer fingers. The character also gains 60’ darkvision.

Honing: At 2nd level, Ahrianna’s Child gains a natural attack. This can be a claw, bite, slam, gore, tail slap, or tentacle attack. The attack does 1d6 damage for Medium characters and 1d4 damage for Small characters. The character’s form shifts further to allow for the attack to take place. The character also gains the Improved Unarmed Combat feat for free.

Special Quality: Ahrianna’s Child gains a Special Attack, Movement, or Special Quality. (We should prepare a list of suitable choices). Any spell-like ability bases its DC off Wisdom plus Madness.

Newfound Power: At 4th and 8th level, Ahrianna’s Child twists into a form that allows for new capabilities. The character undergoes a physical change that gives him a new feat. This feat may come from the list of monster feats as well other feats that the character is normally entitled to.

Enlightened Development: At 5th level, Ahrianna’s Child grows more into the monstrous role. The character chooses two abilities. The first gains a +4 racial modifier, and the second suffers a -2 racial penalty. The two skills chosen when Gifted receive an additional +2, for a total racial bonus of +4. The character is now deformed far enough from his original race that disguising the changes is impossible.

Grand Warping: Ahrianna’s Child no longer maintains a humanoid form, and standard armor can no longer be worn. The character’s skin hardens, however, and gains a +4 natural armor bonus to AC. Any new armor will have to specially tailored to the character, and cost 5 times as much. In addition, the character gains more natural attacks. For a medium character, they can be two 1d4 attacks, one 1d6 attack, or an increase in die size of one of the character’s existing natural attacks.

Rebirth: The full assumption of the character’s body, mind, and soul into Ahrianna’s Child is complete. The character’s type changes to aberration. The character gains a +6 bonus to one ability, but also gains a -4 penalty to another. The character’s form has completely adapted to the new existence, and adds another +2 racial bonus (for a total of +6) to the two chosen skills. The character also gains one more Special Quality. In addition, the character may continue to mate with humanoids, but any offspring that form from these unions are aberrations with the same racial bonuses, penalties, attack forms, bonus feats from Newfound Power, and special qualities as the character.

Remove ads