Hero
Maleficient

Judge Frollo

Poison Ivy

Harley Quinn

Magneto

Deadpool

Hey guys! :)

Didn't someone do Ainz from Overlord on here?
I can't find it.
I'm also interested in any other anime characters done up as Immortal's Handbook characters.

Is this Overlord Anime something I should watch?

I'm a big fan of One Punch Man and I like the enemy designs of Chainsaw Man. I also take an interest in the Manga of Kaiju #8 (which I think is getting some anime soon if not already out and I just haven't seen it) and Demon Rush from Mastar has some cool angels and demons.

Obly99

Hero
Hey guys! :)

I'm a big fan of One Punch Man and I like the enemy designs of Chainsaw Man. I also take an interest in the Manga of Kaiju #8 (which I think is getting some anime soon if not already out and I just haven't seen it) and Demon Rush from Mastar has some cool angels and demons.
The first two series are nice but ... from the third onwards they began to heavily cut even important parts of the plot of the novel and HEAVY abuse of poor quality (not to say disgusting) 3D computer graphics. Watch if you have to, the first two series but avoid the third and fourth.

dave2008

Legend
I'm a big fan of One Punch Man
Have you read the manga reboot (original author, but different, and more talented, artist)? Saitama gets in a fight that is on the verge of destroying the universe until he makes a punch so fast it goes back in time and hits his opponent before he reaches his full power (thus knocking out is opponent - Saitama wasn't trying to kill hom).
1677065839436.png

The fight also include a "Serious Sneeze"
1677065917530.png

Alzrius

The EN World kitten

I'm a fan of the series, and I think it's one of the few isekai shows that isn't nakedly gratuitous in having the main character be ridiculously overpowered compared to everyone in the world he finds himself (i.e. he is still far and away more powerful than everyone else, but the show isn't an example of wish-fulfillment as a result of that).

The original novels are by far the best iteration of the series, of course, and I agree that the use of CGI in the last two seasons wasn't great (though they were used almost exclusively for background characters and monsters). My personal pet peeve with the anime is that it dials back on the black humor (the entire series is really an extremely black comedy) and instead plays up the more lighthearted aspects of the show (like Albedo's constant flirting with Ainz, to his profound guilt/discomfort).

It's worth noting that the show's magic system, while still original in how it works, draws heavily on D&D 3.5 for inspiration. Spells have ten "tiers" (i.e. spell levels 0 through 9), there are "super-tier" spells which are explicitly stated to work more like a skill than a spell (i.e. epic spells), and the characters even expressly use metamagic, including Maximize Magic, Widen Magic, etc. Even "world-tier items" are major artifacts by another name. It's something I've taken endless amusement in!

Last edited:

Have you read the manga reboot (original author, but different, and more talented, artist)? Saitama gets in a fight that is on the verge of destroying the universe until he makes a punch so fast it goes back in time and hits his opponent before he reaches his full power (thus knocking out is opponent - Saitama wasn't trying to kill hom).
View attachment 276343

The fight also include a "Serious Sneeze"
View attachment 276344
How would a punch like that even work?

Remove ads