Airwalkrr's Maure Castle 3.5 OOC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Hi! :)

My time constraints have lessened quite a bit by now, so I might be willing to commit myself to this campaign once more. Arcane caster suits me fine (most likely a Human Sorcerer; with PHB2 allowed now, there are some more options for Sorcerers at least; like being able to actually use Quicken Spell, and some nice spells; plus, I like spontaneous casters :)). I could have a character ready by tomorrow.
Awesome!
There are a few questions coming to mind...

Attributes... can I keep my amazing roll from the last campaign? :D
Sure.
Item buying/creation... what is the current policy on changing the slots (in particular for Cloak of Charisma / Cloak of Resistance) or merging items together. Is it even possible? Do we use the DMG guidelines here (item slot affinity, 50% cost increase)? I assume, that only existing items can be made... only want to be able to actually use the most basic items (together). :)
Yes, only existing items from the DMG and PH are available.
XP debt = still start at 12th, but have to pay off debt before earning XP, right?
Correct.
Is Planar Binding ok?
Yes. Might create for some interesting situations too with that spell in this campaign.

Thanee

First Post
Cool! Will put up a character sheet soon. :D

Yes, only existing items from the DMG and PH are available.

Now, I am not sure if this means "yes" or "no" to the first part. :)

So, let me rephrase the question:

Can one of the following items be made?

a) a circlet of charisma (as cloak of charisma, but occupies the headband slot; same cost, because of matching body slot affinity "mental improvement")

b) a cloak of charisma and resistance (combining cloak of charisma and cloak of resistance; cost is higher cost + 1.5x lower cost for combining multiple different abilities)

Bye
Thanee

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Cool! Will put up a character sheet soon. :D

Now, I am not sure if this means "yes" or "no" to the first part. :)

So, let me rephrase the question:

Can one of the following items be made?

a) a circlet of charisma (as cloak of charisma, but occupies the headband slot; same cost, because of matching body slot affinity "mental improvement")

b) a cloak of charisma and resistance (combining cloak of charisma and cloak of resistance; cost is higher cost + 1.5x lower cost for combining multiple different abilities)

Bye
Thanee
Sorry. I thought the term "existing items" was clear enough. Neither (a) nor (b) are allowed. If the item does not appear in the DMG or PH as-is, then it is not available for purchase. I might allow the crafting of player-created items in the future, but not during character generation. The swapping of spells needed for item creation is perfectly okay though so long as your character could have fulfilled the prerequisites at the level at which the item in question was crafted.

Thanee

First Post
Ok, figured as much, but wasn't entirely sure. Character sheet is now updated (dropped crafting, since I do not need it then, and picked up Arcane Thesis instead) and should be ready.

Oh, and did I get the hit points right? i.e. is it the fixed hit points variant from the DMG, which adds the exact average (alternating between rounding down and up)?

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Oh, and did I get the hit points right? i.e. is it the fixed hit points variant from the DMG, which adds the exact average (alternating between rounding down and up)?
Yes, it is the fixed hp variant from the DMG. Feel free to add your character to the RG and start posting in the IC thread as soon as you are ready. Since Hedowin hadn't contributed anything thus far, we'll just assume your character has taken his place.

Remove ads