Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Brachna

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Thanks for the clarification on upkeep, Airwalkrr. I wasn't quite sure what it entailed. Anyway, I have just enough money to buy the pack mule for 13 gp, so I will do so. He'll be awfully handy to carry extra rations and such (especially with my character being just under the borderline for medium encumbrance without my backpack/bedroll and rations). I can't afford the hirelings as yet, so he'll probably have to be left unattended if we go outside somewhere. If anyone else can afford the hirelings, all the better, but I think Drynethael will at least buy the pack mule, Airwalkrr.
[/sblock]

Onto the next round (Initiative 13):

Drynethael (Temporary) AC 17, HP 8/8

His shield slung to his back, Drynethael nocks an arrow to the quiver of his shortbow and advances 10 feet to fire just above Dolan's head. Before firing, however, he bows his head against the bow and softly chants a quick incantation of guidance.

OOC: Drynethael has his bow out. He advances directly ahead 10', which should place him behind Dolan's current position. He then casts True Strike in preparation to fire next round.

Redclaw

First Post
Dolan, AC 18 (Damage Conversion 4), HP 13/13

Dolan fights the urge to charge the frogs, knowing that the party will be better served to form a strong defensive unit. Bah. Come to me hammer, ye great slimy things!

[sblock=ooc] Once again, Dolan will ready to attack any frog that comes within reach of his hammer.
Initiative 9
Attack roll (1d20+5)=7 [/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Aredal unstraps the mace from his belt while at the same time grasping the Sun-symbol hanging on his neck. "Light of the Sun, Guide our arms now" You can feel an aura of courage bolster your morale coming from Aredal.

OOC: Move action to draw the mace then cast Bless. +1 to attack rolls to my allies.

Bihlbo

Explorer
[sblock=Public OOC]Sorry for the delay in responding! Thanks for acting for me Airwalkrr, I appreciate it. I'm loving the maps, BTW!

I think that getting the mule, hirelings, and rented armor for them is a great idea, as long as we can trust them to stick with us. I don't know how much work we are expected to do to ensure that the hirelings don't just load up the mule and take off through the woods alone with our "ill-gotten gains." This is something on which we should all pool our coin, I think, and I'm willing to contribute to it.[/sblock]

With a wicked grin Daonil shouts as he launches a javelin at the slime-covered frogs, "Well ain't this a mis'rable mess! These beasts make a bad bog but worse! Ho now! Meet em with steel!"

Daonil takes a couple steps forward, standing alongside Dolan. His trident at the ready, he focuses on the approaching frogs and begins stomping a beat with his foot and belting out a shanty,

"’Twas a chilly morn when we set sail and we were not far from land
Our captain, he spied a mer-i-maid so fair with a comb and a spyglass in her hand"

OOC: Everyone within earshot gains +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Vicroar's arrow ricochets off the frog's shimmering hide as it continues to advance. The frogs hungrily charge your group, snapping viciously at Daonil and Dolan while the rest encircle the group to begin their own attacks. Dolan looses his hammer at a frog lunging towards him (AC 20), connecting with the beast's head (6 points) just as it bites into him. He feels a crushing sensation, but the monster's jaws fail to penetrate his armor. Meanwhile, Daonil makes a quick move to the right to dodge the frog snapping its jaws at him.

[sblock=Report]
Frog 2: -6 hp
Frog 4: -6 hp, disabled

Everyone note that Bless and Inspire Courage do not stack with each other since they are both morale bonuses.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• moathouse_rd3.jpg
    moathouse_rd3.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 62

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=vodavosa] How are you sneak attacking? You need to be hidden or invisible, so that the creature is unaware of your presence, or flanking, which none of us are at this point. If you were to tumble behind them you could probably get the flank. [/sblock]

Dolan looks at the slime on his hammer with distaste. That'll be costin' ya, froggy. Me hammer'll be takin' it out of yer hide. He puncutates his anger with another strong swing at the disabled amphibian in front of him.

[sblock=ooc] Attack roll (1d20+5)=21 Damage roll (1d8+3)=6
Oops, +1 for inspire courage, so 7 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads