• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Airwalkrr's Temple of Elemental Evil (IC)

Brachna

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You're remembering correctly, Airwalkrr. I ponied up the money for the mule (and his tack and harness). It cost me almost all of my remaining starting money, but I think it'll be worth it (at least in my case) so I don't have to worry about running around encumbered in combat.

Unfortunately, I don't have near enough money to afford either hireling, so, unless someone else has money for them, it looks like I'll be holding the reins. :)
[/sblock]

Drynethael awkwardly tries to silence the brayings of the mule as his companions attempt to sneak towards the moathouse. A sigh of frustration escapes his lips. Although he has had some practice with tending to the great riding horses and noble war horses stabled within the Knights of the Hart in Celene, he has had decidedly less experience with the more mundane creatures. "Stalwart charger you are not, my friend." he finally whispers to the beast, exasperated. "I only pray mother's spirit is not looking down upon me right at this moment," he muses more quietly to himself.

When Vicroar and Mulnock return from their initial scouting of the courtyard, Dryneth turns to his companions. "I would think it best that we investigate that tower first," he opines, "I wouldn't want to leave enemies behind us as we explore the moathouse proper. Besides, if the structure of the tower is secure enough, it may serve as a useful base of operations should we need to rest and tend to our woun-" He is interrupted by the nuzzling of the mule against his back. He gives a resigned sigh. "It may also serve as a secure location to stable our designated four-legged squire and treasure holder," he says with a sardonic smile, indicating the beast of burden behind him.

Redclaw

First Post
If we're worried about somethin' waitin' for us, shouldn't we be makin' sure everyone's ready for another fight? I know them froggies didn't get their teeth into me, but some of us're hurtin'. Not really waiting for a reply, Dolan readies his shield and hammer, prepared to follow anyone who enters the moathouse.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Tending our wounds is a good idea. Tend Daonil, our little gnome companion and I will see what we can find. Be ready though." Vicroar sneaks into the moathouse, heading toward the tower. He makes sure to keep one shoulder against the wall.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Mulnock creeps up the steps to peer inside the house portion. It is poorly lit, but sunlight breaks through the occasional crack or hole in the ceiling allowing him to see well enough. The room he sees was once a great audience chamber, as shown by th tattered banners and tapestries on the walls, destroyed furniture, and heaps of rotting cloth thrown into corners. Once richly appointed, it has been thoroughly searched, sacked, and despoiled. Leaves and dirt cover the floor, and cobwebs hang from walls and ceiling above. Looking up, you see that pieces of beams and chunks of stone poke through, indicating that the upper stories of the place are totaly destroyed and likely to be impassable to anything larger than a rat.

There is a wooden door on the far wall that appears to be still standing. To the left and right, the chamber widens, but Mulnock's vantage point does not allow him to see any further into the room yet.

Meanwhile, Vicroar checks out the nearby tower, the upper portion of which has collapsed, and the interior is dark. With his keen elven eyesight, Vicroar scopes a scattering of husks and a few bones lying on the floor, as well as the odd gleam here and there amongst them.

Attachments

• moathouse_ruins3.jpg
    moathouse_ruins3.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 60

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Vicroar moves back to the main group, "Doesn't look like there is much alive in the tower. Bones of old. I did keep seeing a gleem, although I am not sure what it is. I suggest we investigate as a group, for the safety of us all."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I disagree... There are two doors in the main building, that seem in good shape, may be someone is in there... I fear an ambush though..." Mulnock says, with concern. "What do you say Vicroar? should we move right in? The others could be out waiting for us, anything should happen."

Bihlbo

Explorer
Daonil, clearly looking a bit emberrassed at having been so helpless in the last battle, and being a weak link in the group, stands up firm, ignoring the pain in his wounds. "Aye, let's get moving. This standin' about just makes us look like targets to more of these bog dwellers. No doubt there's more about that'll wish us be food."

Daonil strides across the bridge with determination and confidence, stopping just past the doors to look about, especially along the walls nearby.

Redclaw

First Post
Dolan follows Doanil across the bridge. Don't be asking fer trouble, lad. There's no need to prove anything to anyone. 'Know what's in the tunnel before you open the door', me Granpa used to say.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Daonil seems a bit impatient and replies, "Well, my father used to tell me that if the coast looks clear, then paddle for shore, coz no one's going to wave you in. Keep pressin forward till we have a reason not to."

Remove ads