All Star Wars Movies Delayed Until 2025?

Zardnaar

Legend
Taika Waititi has implied that his trilogy won't (I mean, it probably will tie in in SOME way, just so that it's still Star Wars, but I think the tie will be loose at best).

Yeah they can stray from the Skywalker's b I don't see Disney straying to far from the OT timeline in their movies.

Books and comics sure TV shows maybe. They're doing the high republic (300 years before the OT) but that's books and comics afaik with maybe one show in the works.

Also I don't see them straying to far from the following regardless of timeline.

Mandalorians
Jedi/Sith
Bounty hunters
Starfighters.

To be fair those are probably the most popular aspects of Star Wars.

Yora

Legend
Big problem when Disney was marketing the movies as the Skywalker saga conclusion not random schlubs.

Can't have it both ways.

I don't care to much about bloodlinesvas such the best star Wars storylines don't worry about them to much.

One decrnt storyline did make them prominent but it wasn't just Jedi bloodlines they followed up.

Killing off the Skywalker bloodline probably not best idea and wouldn't be surprised if it gets retconned.
Wasn't it Episode 7 that turned the Luke and Vader story into "The Skywalker Saga"? And then turned that into "The Palpatine Saga".

Wasn't it Episode 7 that turned the Luke and Vader story into "The Skywalker Saga"? And then turned that into "The Palpatine Saga".
I had definitely never heard the term before the sequel series. Whether or not it had ever been used before, it was marketing around the sequels that popularized the term.

We got the Mandalorian, which is pretty fresh and much beloved. When it did bring in existing characters, they were in service to the main cast's story.
And IMO they could have left out a couple of references to existing things and made it even better. But in support of your main point: the great things about the Mandalorian was that it was a new story in the (existing) Star Wars universe. That, for me, made it the best thing that happened to Star Wars since the original trilogy.
So if they take a break and actually come up with new, good stories for Star Wars that would be a huge plus to me.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And IMO they could have left out a couple of references to existing things and made it even better. But in support of your main point: the great things about the Mandalorian was that it was a new story in the (existing) Star Wars universe. That, for me, made it the best thing that happened to Star Wars since the original trilogy.
So if they take a break and actually come up with new, good stories for Star Wars that would be a huge plus to me.

Agreed. I don't mind him looking a bit like Boba Fett, having a Yoda-kid, running into Jawas, and being on a not-Tatooine desert planet. (Though all those things would be even better if they moved toward even more different things, IMO). Mandolorian has been a new show with new characters.

It's like I've said before, they think we want the same old thing but with the illusion of change. I think we want new things with the illusion of the familiar. It's a subtle, but extremely important difference.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Unfortunately, the bowels of the internet carries a lot of weight, and Disney clearly listens to the bowels, hence The Rise of Skywalker.
Yeah, and they really shouldn't.
Well, that was what the original movie was constructed to be in the first place.
I'm not sure how you mean. The original movie was groundbreaking, even if it filed the serial numbers off of an old samurai movie and mixed it with a whole bunch of sci-fi and pulp tropes.

Remove ads