All Star Wars Movies Delayed Until 2025?

Even with no "delay" to would take that long to make a movie anyway, right? A couple weeks of shooting, a couple weeks of editing and like a year or more to do special effects.

And with the vast majority of recent Star Trek stuff not all that popular.....maybe it's good they take a break.

Maybe they might FINALLY understand that if they made a good movie they would make billions and billions...you know, instead of tossing some crap together(that makes money sure) and then wondering why everyone does not love it, and they make billions and billions.

I mean.....I'm just a fan....but I could write a billion billion dollar Star Wars story....you, know, as I'm a fan. I'd just write what I'd want to see as a fan....it's really easy.

Zardnaar

Legend
Even with no "delay" to would take that long to make a movie anyway, right? A couple weeks of shooting, a couple weeks of editing and like a year or more to do special effects.

And with the vast majority of recent Star Trek stuff not all that popular.....maybe it's good they take a break.

Maybe they might FINALLY understand that if they made a good movie they would make billions and billions...you know, instead of tossing some crap together(that makes money sure) and then wondering why everyone does not love it, and they make billions and billions.

I mean.....I'm just a fan....but I could write a billion billion dollar Star Wars story....you, know, as I'm a fan. I'd just write what I'd want to see as a fan....it's really easy.

If they were ready to go tomorrow it's unlikely you would see anything until 2024.

If they did a lot of pre production and everything was ready to go end of 2023.

If they did all that and rushed it 14 months maybe (6-12 weeks shooting 1 year post production).
Since there's no news of scripts, actors, sets etc 2 years minimum pretty much.

Yora

Legend
I started to lose interest when Chewie died at Sernpidal, and finally lost interest completely when Anakin Solo bought it fighting the Vong.
I think it was about the point where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon landed on Naboo. Other than KotOR, the only good Star Wars things after that were two more Jedi Knight games.

Zardnaar

Legend
I think it was about the point where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon landed on Naboo. Other than KotOR, the only good Star Wars things after that were two more Jedi Knight games.

Legacy comics were good and the books were decent relative to everything else at the time.

But yeah 2005 or so was the last hurrah of old EU iirc. Empire at War game was good became great via mods and it's still supported these days.

Vong storyline fell flat for me and there wasn't much good stuff after it at least with the main characters.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
I am far less interested in seeing any more movies about anything than I am about seeing a good season or series of shows. Rather than cram something epic into a 2-3 hour window (or sequels), take the time to invest with multiple character plots and storylines.

For me, the best shows for Star Wars have been the animated series helmed by Filoni (Clone Wars, Rebels, and the Bad Batch). Mandalorian was also hitting the sweet spot. But as expected, Disney hits the mark with something and spirals out of control with as may spin offs and conncted lines instead of giving one good thing more focus.

Rogue One still remains one of my favorite one-offs, but I think it should have been the last movie tied to the original trilogy. It is time to explore something else in that great, big galaxy.

Remove ads