All Star Wars Movies Delayed Until 2025?

I guess The Empire Strikes Back is not your favorite movie.

Least favorite of the three original movies because it is too negative and a downer. It is not so bad now because you can watch all three in a row, but having to wait three years real time between Empire and Return was very annoying to a teenager. People complain about the tonal shift between the three sequel movies, but I was one of many that had that problem with the original trilogy.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Protagonists that aren't white and male?
Anyone who has a problem with this should have their right to have an opinion revoked.

The idea that it doesn't matter who your parents are to be a hero?
One of my favorite things about Last Jedi. This was a problem that got worse the more Star Wars that Lucas made. Sure, it was a part of Ep4 right from the start, but it got worse every movie that came after. Midichlorians? C'mon! The Force was in "all living things". Not "those with special blood!"

Heroic characters being wrong?
Wrong is good. There's an argument that can be made for too wrong. (I'm thinking of Luke here, who everyone including Hamill, imagined as more heroic than he became). One of the many reasons why I'd personally prefer new characters. Too many notions of what is "out of character".

I have seen a lot of objections to that new stuff.
Yeah, but almost all of that comes from the bowels of the internet, where you can't trust opinions to even be "real". They're often troll-opinions, nihilistically created to cause strife, and adopted by people (oh far too many people) who like to parrot the opinions of others. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's not terrible sexist racists in the world. There are. It's just made worse by digital cesspools.

Zardnaar

Legend
Anyone who has a problem with this should have their right to have an opinion revoked.

One of my favorite things about Last Jedi. This was a problem that got worse the more Star Wars that Lucas made. Sure, it was a part of Ep4 right from the start, but it got worse every movie that came after. Midichlorians? C'mon! The Force was in "all living things". Not "those with special blood!"

Wrong is good. There's an argument that can be made for too wrong. (I'm thinking of Luke here, who everyone including Hamill, imagined as more heroic than he became). One of the many reasons why I'd personally prefer new characters. Too many notions of what is "out of character".

Yeah, but almost all of that comes from the bowels of the internet, where you can't trust opinions to even be "real". They're often troll-opinions, nihilistically created to cause strife, and adopted by people (oh far too many people) who like to parrot the opinions of others. Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there's not terrible sexist racists in the world. There are. It's just made worse by digital cesspools.

Big problem when Disney was marketing the movies as the Skywalker saga conclusion not random schlubs.

Can't have it both ways.

I don't care to much about bloodlinesvas such the best star Wars storylines don't worry about them to much.

One decrnt storyline did make them prominent but it wasn't just Jedi bloodlines they followed up.

Killing off the Skywalker bloodline probably not best idea and wouldn't be surprised if it gets retconned.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Big problem when Disney was marketing the movies as the Skywalker saga conclusion not random schlubs. Can't have it both ways.

I'm not sure what you mean here. My position is that they should make movies that are not about Skywalkers.

Not that they should make movies that ARE about Skywalkers and then not make them about Skywalkers, as you seem to suggest. That would be weird.

Zardnaar

Legend
I'm not sure what you mean here. My position is that they should make movies that are not about Skywalkers.

Not that they should make movies that ARE about Skywalkers and then not make them about Skywalkers, as you seem to suggest. That would be weird.

Yeah non Skywalker movies make sense hell movies nit directly tied to the OT would be nice.

I don't see them going it though as I think they'll tie mist movies to the OT in some way.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah non Skywalker movies make sense hell movies nit directly tied to the OT would be nice.

I don't see them going it though as I think they'll tie mist movies to the OT in some way.
Taika Waititi has implied that his trilogy won't (I mean, it probably will tie in in SOME way, just so that it's still Star Wars, but I think the tie will be loose at best).

briggart

Adventurer
Sorry, but you believed something Obi Wan said? I mean "only imperial stoormtroopers are so precise" ;)

Remove ads