• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Along the lines of another post: What player RACES would you like to see added to 5e?

pukunui

Legend
I'd like to see them make PC race write-ups for a bunch of the more common monstrous races:

- goblins
- hobgoblins
- orcs
- kobolds
- lizardfolk

I'd also like to see a playable revenant like the one that was in 4e.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I'd like to see a bunch of current races dropped as there's already too many, but I would add one regardless:

Barbarian (sub-race of Human: tougher, less brainy, don't like arcane magic, cannot be arcane casters, distrust divine magic).

Lan-"and, obviously, the class of the same name would have to go; which would be no loss at all"-efan

Duganson

First Post
Subraces! We've got 3 kinds of elf, dwarf and gnome, there should be plenty of room to make say, subraces for the explicit colors of dragonborn, for different demonic/devilish heritages for tieflings.

I'd like to see half-vampires and a legitimate aasimar race.
I was really disappointed with the genasi. The art certainly didn't help. Just felt like colorful people.
I'd like a plant race. Not like half-plants or something, but a legitimate plant people. Like Sylvari or Groot.

I'm also in favor of these being tied to settings to give them more interesting fluff.

All of these please?!

Also Anthropomorphic humans, either the ones from 3E Unearthed Arcana or statted up Kenku, Vanara and Kitsune.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Warforged
Mul (half-dwarf)
Pixie (4e version)
Lizardman
Gargoyle (based on the 4e picture)
Orcs (Eberron style non CE version)

delericho

Legend
Kalashtar, plus finalised versions of the Warforged, Shifter, and Changeling.

Beyond that, I'm good. I don't have a problem with them adding any others, but I almost certainly wouldn't use them, or allow them to be used IMC.

Remove ads