Altaruk, on the Sea of Silt (Dark Sun 4E IC)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kai's hand drops to his side and he blinks at Jalim a couple of times.

"No . . . no, I wasn't suggesting sabotage. I simply . . . "

He pauses for a moment, looking around at the other groups, and then shakes his head to himself.

"No, there are far too many groups for sabotage that to be an effective strategy. . . I simply meant that we need something the other groups don't have."

He gestures futilely, trying to put words to a nebulous idea in his head.

"Mounts would be good, but I doubt anyone will lend their animals to a group heading out into the desert to confront bandits. And I have precious little funds for purchasing such things. My only suggestion had been to talk to the caravan in the hopes that a keen insight or a smile from a lady . . ."

He gestures at Marel and Prin

". . . might trick or entice them into revealing something that might otherwise keep hidden. If we knew where the bandits struck and which way they left we might be able to head off all the trackers. But we would lose time up front. I don't know what else to suggest. I just know we need something."

dave_o

Explorer
House Wavir Palace, Dust Yard

As blue group discusses, you notice one of the mul guards duck out of the huddle and begin striding over. All over boiled leather, and with head tucked against the swirling sand, it is difficult to discern his intentions, aside from the fact that he is striding over quite purposefully.

The keener among you notice a small bit of discussion at the mul's absence, but whatever strands of conversation are quickly picked back up as the House Wavir representative continues to speak with the assembled muls.

[sblock="OOC"]Uh oh!

This is going to be your secret sixth PC! But the mul will take a little bit to walk over, for any last minute secrets, plots, or plans. And Jay, my friend who is running him, should be posting soon!

Sorry, I love dramatic build ups haha. No rolls or anything for the extra bit of detail at the end, if you feel like your PC would have noticed, they did![/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Ardie, elf shaman 1 (elemental priest)

"It is not unlikely I will spot something others would not." Ardie said. "And perhaps that fellow will give us some further details." She said, mentioning the mul approaching the group.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Reading thoughts requires a mental attack, Printime communicates. And it is not my true strength in The Way. As for our edge...

She nods at the mul.

jay_bird

First Post
As the slave-guard approaches, several members of the group look up from the huddle, squinting through the whirling dust at him.

His approach is uncanny, as he seems the size of a man when still nearly 20 paces off. When he steps over to their segment of the knotted fence of grisly, bustling hopefuls, he ducks his head under a hanging banner with brightly colored herbs painted on it.

Unfolding his fist, he reveals a blue stone of his own before dropping it with disdain.

"Barrel. Let's go."

Walking Dad

First Post
Jalim

"Oh, I see, a man of big words and inspiring personality. Lead us to coins and glory! You can call me Jalim, by the way."
Jalim says, keeping skillfully the sarcasm out of his voice. His words are clear enough, but it seem he is really willing to follow the mul's lead, at least for now.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kai blinks a little at the fallen blue stone and then looks up . . . and a bit further, craning his neck to meet the Mul's gaze. He rubs his hand across his head and takes a small step backwards to bring Barrel back into frame.

"You're joining our group? Aren't you one of . . ."

He gestures vaguely back to the House Wavir representative and the other Muls gathered around.

Last edited:

jay_bird

First Post
Barrel sighs and recites flatly, his visage a mocking echo of faceless authority.

"Each search party will be assigned one guard. Should they succeed in locating the caravan, he is to ensure the safe return and proper handling of House Wavir's goods."

Remove ads